Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

To those of you who said these feel like the next step in the Kobe line - I wholeheartedly agree. It’s like the NXT 360s on steroids lol.
I was deciding between grabbing these or a pair of protro 6s, ultimately went with the Kobe 6 but this GT cut series will be my go-to for sure if a new Kobe contract doesn’t come through.

Appreciate everyone's review on these! Is there any release info on those original red/white/yellow pair? Seems like they just ghosted that CW and moved on lol

Appreciate everyone's review on these! Is there any release info on those original red/white/yellow pair? Seems like they just ghosted that CW and moved on lol
Keep an eye one NDC. I think they did a restock a few times…but yes they did 👻

Guess these wont be releasing in Europe at all. **** it, i have lost my interest in these. Gonna opt out and order a pair of KD 14s.

981bdd854049725d3bf6afa45f061af9.gif

No and I wasn't trying to imply the KD performs better than the cut. Just saying the 14 is a pretty safe backup plan.
well that's good to hear but KD's never really fit well with my feet, no matter how good the performance is. not sure why KD's aesthetics are mostly miss than hit. and the fit is always criminal. not everyone has stick feet.

Just got the navy’s in and the details are so dope on these 🔥🔥🔥

I’ll post a IG reel this weekend

So I finally got back in town today and had my OKC colorways waiting for me to try on around the house.

My first thought upon pulling them out of the box was, “DAMN, these are heavier than they look.” My kitchen scale confirmed that initial perception: in my size 12.0 they weighed in at a whopping 17.2 ounces. That’s more than just about every other shoe in my current/recent rotation:

Lebron 16 Low: 19.8 oz
GT Cut: 17.2 oz
PG 3: 16.4 oz
KD 12: 16.1 oz
Jordan 34 Low: 15.8 oz

For anyone who might be wondering, the drop-in React midsole accounts for a disproportionate amount of the shoe’s weight. With the insoles removed, they weighed a scant 14.6 ounces.

If my first impression of portliness was disappointing, my second impression was equally redeeming: fit and step-in comfort are quite possibly the best of any shoe I’ve ever worn. The insole grabs your socks if you try to slide your feet along the footbed as you would in other shoes, but there’s enough height in the toe box that, if you loosen the laces down through the forefoot, you can guide your foot all the way in and then lower it onto the footbed. Do it that way, and you’ll enjoy the benefit of the grabby insole preventing your foot from sliding around anywhere. Space is good throughout as well. Of the shoes listed above, only the Lebron 16 is more accommodating (and that one is arguably TOO roomy).

The lace eyelets are set far enough apart that you can modulate midfoot lockdown easily while maintaining comfort. No pressure points or discomfort to speak of. The neoprene/mesh upper seems like it’ll break in really easily, and while I was worried about the hard plastic rail on the lateral forefoot, it didn’t cause any discomfort (by comparison, the AJ 34 Low’s feel like vice grips between that lateral pinky piece and pronounced medial arch).

I didn’t do much in them other than the goofy mime moves we all make when we try on hoop shoes, because I’m sending these back and waiting for the white/lava pair to drop. But these seem like they’re going to be awesome to play in.

now I'm excited for the GT Jump. most possibly my next purchase. I'm really loving the GT Cuts very much. it's one of those impulse buys that I rarely regret on copping. no hype just pure awesomeness. and it didn't even need a signature name just to show how awesome it is.

Back
Top Bottom