Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Do you guys hoop?

The protro 4’s were incredible to play in even without the forefoot or full length zoom!

They were great but it was literally nearly a perfect hoops shoe all it needed was upgraded cushioning and Nike teased that and then didn't follow through. Still copped a few pair for ballin.

Aging and ball is so frustrating especially when you have to take Ls to often obnoxious 20 year olds.

Aging and ball is so frustrating especially when you have to take Ls to often obnoxious 20 year olds.

the frustrating part about this is you know that you would take them to school at your prime. having said that, I do have my moments even at my age. like, this old dude can really play ball.

the frustrating part about this is you know that you would take them to school at your prime. having said that, I do have my moments even at my age. like, this old dude can really play ball.

this is the truth. I’ve had my hands full guarding some young quick kids and they’ll get by me but I’ll surprise them and get a chase down block or rip them on the spin every once and while,the best is when you can make a play in the clutch. On one occasion I straight snatched the ball out of a cocky kids hands when he picked up his dribble went down and banged a game winning three. Get off the court youngin’ lol

Shiiit knowing the times, if the drop in midsole was causing a bunch of injuries, some firm would be pushing a class action lawsuit against Nike lol. While I don’t dismiss what that doctor in the video and others are saying regarding drop-in midsoles, Ive seen dudes hoop in all sorts of shoes from running shoes to retros with absolutely no cushion to Kobe 7/8s to the most cushioned tech shoes out there and I promise it’s more the person than the shoe when it comes to injuries.
To each their own but I've seen some of my friends play in flyknit racers full court at the park and not complain about any pain in their body. It's different for everyone.

To each their own but I've seen some of my friends play in flyknit racers full court at the park and not complain about any pain in their body. It's different for everyone.
Haha did this with the flyknit trainers. Bad form can cause pain. Running wrong, landing wrong, slipping and sliding all over the place. Don’t matter what you got on

I remembered playing with some army dudes way back. one of them was wearing military boots and was the quickest player on the court. on the otherhand, I was wearing Nike Free's. they were great for running but damn horrible for landing as I was always tweaking my ankles wearing those.

I remembered playing with some army dudes way back. one of them was wearing military boots and was the quickest player on the court. on the otherhand, I was wearing Nike Free's. they were great for running but damn horrible for landing as I was always tweaking my ankles wearing those.
Yeah like I said it's all about the player's mechanics. Thabo Sefolosha used to play in airmax 90s.

Haha did this with the flyknit trainers. Bad form can cause pain. Running wrong, landing wrong, slipping and sliding all over the place. Don’t matter what you got on
Yeah I play ball sometimes after the gym in ultraboosts and (knock on wood) haven't gotten hurt yet but totally conscious that I can eff up my ankles wearing a sock shoe LOL.

so you are saying it's not the drop-in midsole?

I think it's the overall cushioning setup and not the drop in midsole specifically. My older feet and body mechanics don't like a super squishy cushioning right under my foot. I've had problems in the past with boost, lightstrike, and zoomX too. Having something a little firmer like a decent strobel or orthotic insole just works better for me when the midsole is squishy. My USA Cuts definitely started to feel a little squishy for me the more I wore. The drop in midsole doesn't easily accomodate a rigid insole or orthotic. I may have to try 1/2 size up to see if can add something.

I think it's the overall cushioning setup and not the drop in midsole specifically. My older feet and body mechanics don't like a super squishy cushioning right under my foot. I've had problems in the past with boost, lightstrike, and zoomX too. Having something a little firmer like a decent strobel or orthotic insole just works better for me when the midsole is squishy. My USA Cuts definitely started to feel a little squishy for me the more I wore. The drop in midsole doesn't easily accomodate a rigid insole or orthotic. I may have to try 1/2 size up to see if can add something.

I hear you on the stiffer “non-squishy” cushioning, one reason I’ve gravitated to the New Balance two wxy/Kawhi. Sometimes I like that solid feel under foot.

Those 31s were amazing except for traction which as you said is the one thing a hoops sneaker absolutely needs. Such a shame.

*same could be said of the Kobe 11 elites.

So do y’all think all the cut CWs will restock?
Debating on pulling the trigger on SX for black pair

Had to unds these to celebrate our boys
bringing home the gold
5E9193A8-1B2F-46E3-9895-55DC6DD3D89C.jpeg

Broke these out today. GAMECHANGERS!

The zoom strobel in the forefoot was money, and it made me realized how much I’ve missed out on kicks with this amount of tech in it. I honestly felt I was wearing a pair of react running shoes with all the zoom tech infused in it. It’s THAT comfortable.

Had to switch it out for my Chaos Vs and Freak 1s (go-tos) to notice the difference in overall court feel, and boy… these were IT. I’ll probably do more runs within the week to fully break these in but so far, it’s fantastic!

37237148-7317-4FDA-B70B-93B84D652599.jpeg

all of a sudden, the Cuts get popular and selling out. resellers are catching up.

Back
Top Bottom