Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

I have both and been balling in them for about a week and so far the Academy are just performance beast not saying the gt cut 3’s are not but for the price it’s nice that it can compete just as good or even better than higher priced shoes. These are definitely wolves underneath a sheep skin.

Played one 2 hour session in the GT Cut 3s. First impressions - elite traction, insane step in comfort, bouncy but in a different way vs. Zoom. Fit is superb compared to the GT Cut 2s where I had heel slippage.

Had no plans of buying these at full price but luckily got a white/red pair at almost 40% off locally (around $115) so it was a no brainer.

Played one 2 hour session in the GT Cut 3s. First impressions - elite traction, insane step in comfort, bouncy but in a different way vs. Zoom. Fit is superb compared to the GT Cut 2s where I had heel slippage.

Had no plans of buying these at full price but luckily got a white/red pair at almost 40% off locally (around $115) so it was a no brainer.
Co-sign all of this! It’s also got great heel-to-toe transition - that combined with how light the shoe is makes it insanely comfortable on court.

1707115804735.jpg
1707115809587.jpg
1707115813565.jpg

I’m absolutely in love with the GT cut academy. At $95 they are a crazy bargain. Fit/Cushion and traction are all stand out features.

All things considered I would take 2 of these over 1 cut 3…
What about the lack of a shank plate/torsion support compared to the GT 3? Is it really as noticeable as reviewers make it out to be?

23mj88 23mj88 , any foot/ankle pain the night/day after you’ve played in the academy? I had a very minor tweak TH night and next day my ankle/feet were both pretty sore. Not sure if it’s my age (40) or maybe also the cushion setup. I also really enjoyed them and having a tough time deciding if I even try the Cut 3. With the return policy, I will probably give them a go this week.

I’m absolutely in love with the GT cut academy. At $95 they are a crazy bargain. Fit/Cushion and traction are all stand out features.

Totally agree. It doesn’t feel like a $95 dollar shoe… if I were to put on the shoes not knowing how much they cost I would assume more than the retail price. These shoes are awesome and probably would be my go to shoes besides my lbj xxi and xx.

I have balled in all the cuts (all versions) and these are probably 2nd to Cut 1 in my opinion.

Last edited:

they are not a bargain but what they are really worth. hell the signatures should be also $150 and and midtiers around $120.

Played in the Academy Yesterday.
I liked them, for the price it’s a good shoe imo

First time so let’s see how they break in. Comfort wise they are legit , traction is about 8 or so.

Once again. For the $. I’d suggest for sure

IMG_9977.jpeg

DSC_0603.jpeg
You can get the black ones on sale too. There's an affiliate sale, so check your favorite J23 or Kicksdeals twitter page for links and the code (AFF25)

Agree with this, at the pricepoint very good shoes to play in. Dont even notice that they dont have a shank.

Mental gymnastics that academy is no better than a precision model. Actually clunkier. Sadly, this is where we’re at with Nike performance basketball shoes. The precipitous drop off after 2016/2017 is evident.

Mental gymnastics that academy is no better than a precision model. Actually clunkier. Sadly, this is where we’re at with Nike performance basketball shoes. The precipitous drop off after 2016/2017 is evident.
Have you had a chance to play games in both?

Have you had a chance to play games in both?
I can tell from the try on alone. Only played in GT Cut 2, GT Cut 3 and the last Precision model.

The Academy is Precision level shoe. And less flexible and comfortable. I would even say the aesthetics are inferior. Only thing it has going for it is a small, oddly shaped and placed rectangular zoom unit that does virtually nothing except be able to put zoom on the shoebox as a technology in the shoe.

I’m moving to serious players only exclusively.

No wonder Kobe himself wanted to ditch Nike back in 2019 heading into 2020.

The game one and player one plus have very good interchangeable drop in midsoles, for different players games, allowing customization and continuing the concept that Nike presented back when they used to give a **** about their performance quality. They are a reverse engineered Kobe that play virtually very similar. And the rubber compound is more durable than what Nike has been putting out for the past five years. The game one is durable enough to also be an outdoor shoe.

I’m over all the big name brands that are riding on former reputation while they continue to increase price point yet the quality continues to dip. Sad part is none of these brands during this downtime and regression from Nike, put in requisite effort to catch up to them and make the market more competitive for the swoosh to actually have to try and work at it again and be innovative.

And I’m damn sure not going to support super ugly and hideously over designed, and overpriced especially with import fees communist Chinese brands like Li Ning and Anta.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom