Nike Griffey Air Max 1 Wht/Blk Varsity Red *Confirmed for SPR 11*

these sold much faster in the chicago area than i initially predicted. thank god i get the chance to cop these and the playoff 13s next week for 30% off.

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Yup, the OG color-blocking is crucial for the AGM1 in my opinion. All one color on the upper just doesn't work. Me and swaynomics were on that same wavelength with the orions 
wink.gif
 I knew I was gonna alter them from the moment I saw the first pics. I just added a few other details.
oqvnzl.jpg

a81v9.jpg

If these red ones are still around in a while, I may get them eventually. I definitely like the looks of them, just don't know how much I would wear them (I do wish the strap was red though)

What kind of paint/acrylics did you guys use? any specific method?

Yup, the OG color-blocking is crucial for the AGM1 in my opinion. All one color on the upper just doesn't work. Me and swaynomics were on that same wavelength with the orions 
wink.gif
 I knew I was gonna alter them from the moment I saw the first pics. I just added a few other details.
oqvnzl.jpg

a81v9.jpg

If these red ones are still around in a while, I may get them eventually. I definitely like the looks of them, just don't know how much I would wear them (I do wish the strap was red though)

What kind of paint/acrylics did you guys use? any specific method?

Man - i think you ruined this CW for me - would always look down at my shoes wishing they looked like these - great job with the paint

Man - i think you ruined this CW for me - would always look down at my shoes wishing they looked like these - great job with the paint

Thanks fellas.
LegendarySeason - I can only speak for myself, but I used white Angelus paint on the uppers and black Createx on the swoosh and midsole accents. I think the uppers took 4 lights coats, 2 coats on the swoosh, and 1 coat on the midsole accents. I normally use some duller on Angelus because it's got a sheen to it when it dries, but it looked fine on these so I painted it as-is.

Thanks fellas.
LegendarySeason - I can only speak for myself, but I used white Angelus paint on the uppers and black Createx on the swoosh and midsole accents. I think the uppers took 4 lights coats, 2 coats on the swoosh, and 1 coat on the midsole accents. I normally use some duller on Angelus because it's got a sheen to it when it dries, but it looked fine on these so I painted it as-is.

i aint going to lie when the red/black griffieys dropped

i was not going to bother

but now i see its a really hot colorway

i hope these hit the outlets since i got the 2 OG colorways from outlets and the grey colorway for the outlets

i dont want to pair retail though

i aint going to lie when the red/black griffieys dropped

i was not going to bother

but now i see its a really hot colorway

i hope these hit the outlets since i got the 2 OG colorways from outlets and the grey colorway for the outlets

i dont want to pair retail though

I broke down and just bought a pair (reds that is).  I really can't b'ch for $90. 

Still not feeling Orions on any level, but very fine custom jobs on both of those.

I just refuse to pay $60 or > for a shoe and pay someone or spend extra time completely changing/customizing it, under any circumstances. 

Again, just me right now.  But again, great looking jobs on both.

I broke down and just bought a pair (reds that is).  I really can't b'ch for $90. 

Still not feeling Orions on any level, but very fine custom jobs on both of those.

I just refuse to pay $60 or > for a shoe and pay someone or spend extra time completely changing/customizing it, under any circumstances. 

Again, just me right now.  But again, great looking jobs on both.

I also gave in could not pass these up only paid 130 didn't save alot but something is better than nothing

I also gave in could not pass these up only paid 130 didn't save alot but something is better than nothing

Thanks fellas.

Thanks! You did a great job on them btw

Thanks fellas.

Thanks! You did a great job on them btw

I hope I can still find a pair of freshwaters. Gonna try to have Footaction and Footlocker stock locate for me. After getting these varsity reds, I'm on a mission to hunt down the freshwaters and volts. Amazing shoe.

I hope I can still find a pair of freshwaters. Gonna try to have Footaction and Footlocker stock locate for me. After getting these varsity reds, I'm on a mission to hunt down the freshwaters and volts. Amazing shoe.

Back
Top Bottom