Nike Griffey Max 1 Grey/Orion Blue! *Piff* ...RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED- 2/20/10!!!

These general colors go well together (gray/blue/white).  However I really think Nike is doing this shoe a disservice by negating the best part of the shoe:  CONTRAST.  The stark black/white lines of the OG colorway is what made this shoe so eye-catching.  This color blocking is just too much gray (similar to how the black/red was too much black).  The elements of the shoe need to stand out from one another, not blend together. 

They could have done so much more with this basic colorway.  For example (excuse the MS paint execution
laugh.gif
):

White swoosh and 24 (bare minimum)
2cxxr9l.jpg

White panel and 24
2zhmfkg.jpg

White panel and 24, black swoosh (my favorite)
de0jra.jpg

White panel and 24, blue swoosh
2v0ie5h.jpg

I feel like any of these would have been better options for blocking with the given colors.  IMO, taking away the contrast takes away what makes this shoe special
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by richyung412

Heeey look what i got today!!!!!!! http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/masterani3/?action=view&current=016.jpg

Yeaaaa Now what!!!! I aint no kermet the frog looking _____ NOW!!!!! WHAT!!!! http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/masterani3/?action=view&current=81616294.jpg

FIRST PERSON TO HAVE THESE IN PA!!!!!!

Yall Keep taken shots at the kid but i keep swinging back are you mad?????????

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/masterani3/?action=view&current=entertainment.jpg

sqqy6o.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

These general colors go well together (gray/blue/white).  However I really think Nike is doing this shoe a disservice by negating the best part of the shoe:  CONTRAST.  The stark black/white lines of the OG colorway is what made this shoe so eye-catching.  This color blocking is just too much gray (similar to how the black/red was too much black).  The elements of the shoe need to stand out from one another, not blend together. 

They could have done so much more with this basic colorway.  For example (excuse the MS paint execution
laugh.gif
):

White swoosh and 24 (bare minimum)
2cxxr9l.jpg

White panel and 24
2zhmfkg.jpg

White panel and 24, black swoosh (my favorite)
de0jra.jpg

White panel and 24, blue swoosh
2v0ie5h.jpg

I feel like any of these would have been better options for blocking with the given colors.  IMO, taking away the contrast takes away what makes this shoe special
smokin.gif

I like all of these better than the end result

I talk to 2 Nike CS reps and they both told me... these will not be online.

Anyone else get that ???

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Anyone else get that ???
they told me these will be online, they just didnt know when.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Anyone else get that ???

really, cuase if you go to footlockers blog, they say they will have them both instore and online. so who know ima call my FL to see whats up

^^^
Right on guys.

Thanks.

I was sure them reps was tripping....
laugh.gif

Ill wait it out this weekend. I know my local FTL said they selling them on the 20th. Hopefully NDC has them up then.

What's the use of making them a QS if they're going to be available at stores like Footlocker and other chains stores?

Originally Posted by soledout23

What's the use of making them a QS if they're going to be available at stores like Footlocker and other chains stores?
smh nike X footlocker may as well just become the same company its obvious what they are trying to do
tired.gif

i have one pair on the way hope i can get another size 12 for retail, they are one the best i even say in the top ten releases of 2010

Wow, silver metallic swoosh??? It was bad enough when I thought they were grey.... I think I'm gonna have to pass on these. Maybe pick up another pair of FW's.

They're on the footlocket site and eastbay if anyone is interested. I think i gotta pass on these, as much as i love them i only have enough for either these or dunkman 7's

Back
Top Bottom