Nike Huarache 09's - - OR - - Nike Flight Clubs - - OR - - Lebron VI

Currently using the Huarache 08's. Enjoy the full length zoom but I've rolled my ankles a couple of times during my couple months of wear, nothingmajor. I know you can roll your ankle in any shoe but after the minor experiences it's in my head where I'm more careful.

Tried on the Huarache 09's and I think the zoom feels great, but considering going somewhere different such as the Flight Clubs, since they are similar inprice. Tried the Flight Clubs on and the out of the box feel was no where near the 09's. Snug from the zipper but I could barely get the zipper all theway up.

How about the Lebron VI's? If all the shoes are in the same price point and feel similar in a sense, maybe go with the shoe with the most specs...? LebronVI (full length and double stacked heel). Tried on the Lebrons, cushioning is great, but the shoe overall seems stiff.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, experiences from wear? Much appreciated, thank you!

Me: Heavy for my height, chunky/out-of-shape is a good way to put it. Do a little bit of everything on the court.

go with the Lebron VI's...not only do they look good, but they feel good playing ball as well

I would say the lebron VIs...... after a lil while the shoe once be stiff (even though i dont remember the shoe being stiff on my first wear) especially whenyou play in them. The Soldier 3's is a good choice too, i dont have a pair myself but i have tried them on and i thought they were straight. I also agreewit you on the fact that the zoom in the 09s is great, i think its better than the 09s. Anyways, if i would get a pair, i would wear ankle braces wit themcause they are flimsy up top but other than that they are great. Zoom Flights are ok, the last time i tried them on they didnt feel as good as i previouslyremembered and the forefoot area was kind of wide so i can see my foot sliding around alot, so................. LBJ VI > LZS III's > 09s > FlightClubs IMO

i thought huarache 08 was only forefoot and heel zoom... not full length?

First and foremost, thank you for the replies, input, advice. I've asked these "OR" questions a couple of times and have only received goodadvice... Adidas Commanders which I used indoors for a few months and now mainly for outdoor use are still going strong (cut off the straps). The NikeHuarache 08's, my indoor shoes are great, just the slight ankle insecurities.

Tony6922 - Thank you. The shoes do look pretty good and they feel good when I tried them on.

ezpinoy - Always great advice and always great to hear your input. I have thought about the Soldier III's and I've tried them on and they feel great. I'm just not too fond of the straps... I will definitely give them another try. I wish they were on sale...

andfattoo - Thanks for your input and advice, much appreciated. Always have insightful posts. The ankle area around the Huarache 08's and 09's aredefinitely flimsy. Aesthetically the 09's look a little bit more secure because it fixes the big hole (literally) with the 08's but it's stillpaper thin! Cushioning = Superb! I actually got a chance to try the Flight Clubs on today and I just felt minimal to no cushioning in the forefoot. Theylook good and even though I can't get the zipper up all the way, after tying the shoes and strapping the velcro it's a good fit.

offbad - You're right, the 08's and 09's are only heel and forefoot but they do feel good and have a great heel to toe transition.

Thanks again for everyone's post. Takes a few minutes to make a post but it sure goes a long way for guys like us who ask for advice. I think I'mgoing to scratch off the Flight Clubs, after trying them on twice, I just wasn't as impressed as I was with the others. I don't know if this isconsidered 'narrowing down' but the list goes (in no particular order): Huarache 09's, Lebron vi's, Soliders. Probably leaning towards one ofthe Lebrons... Maybe I can two hand it on someone and it'll be all over the internet... Haha, Nike and Lebron!

i have the soldier IIIs and they are very good.
soldier IIIs are also forefoot & heel zoom cushioning, but also very lightweight and not lacking in ankle support at all.
i also cut off the straps. they were too gaudy for me. it didn't provide much "lockdown" support when on either.
there's a review on s0le c0llector and some dude did the same. just makes the shoe look simpler

flight club only has zoom in the heel, which is why you felt no support/cushioning in the forefoot. but you probably already knew that

huarache 09s are great, there's a generous amount of cushioning in the heel. i tried on my friend's 08s and the 09s definitely have more heelcushioning. i would recommend the 09s over the soldier 3s. the s3 might rub on your pinky toes like mine does. every time i ball in them i have to tape mypinky toes beforehand. some people might find the s3 to be too flat as all lebron sneakers usually are. all in all, i would go with the 09s.

dnvtran:... no problem man..... im always glad to help. Good luck and if you have any other questions just ask.

I've had my Lebron VI since they came out and they are great shoes to ball in.
However, there are 2 problems that need to be addressed before they become great balling shoes.

1. The lockdown is not that great. Minor adjustments need to be made. At first, I just laced through
the inner sleeve to make it tighter, but I soon realized that the laces kept getting undone too because
of the "glossyness". I went out to buy regular flat laces and now I lace them regularly (through both sleeves)
and I feel the problem has been fixed. Just tie them tight.

2. The traction takes time to become effective for indoor balling. I had to soften up the rubber-outsole which was too hard to grip well.
After a couple of games they eventually fixed themselves.

Otherwise the IV are a GREAT shoe. SUPER comfortable and SUPER supportive. I would buy another pair. Hope that helps, happy shopping man.

Huaracheees 09 for sure!
played with the 08s and they have the same sole
so you cannot go wrong with these!

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

... I would recommend the 09s over the soldier 3s. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]the s3 might rub on your pinky toes[/color] like mine does. every time i ball in them i have to tape my pinky toes beforehand.
^^ This has happened to me on TOO MANY OCCASIONS! I have literally worn my pinky toes raw after ballin for a few hours. The O9s have much moreroom in the toe box area because the stitching doesn't run over the pinky toe area like the soldiers 3s. Get the 09's!

Thanks for the advice everyone! As I was steering towards either of the Lebrons, a few votes for the Huaraches come in. My Huarache 08's are stillrunning strong, so I was thinking of adding something different. In the end, I think it'll come down to availability and pricing. But I guess it'spretty clear that I can't really go wrong with either of the Lebrons or the Huarache 09's.

Thanks guys!

i'm too spoiled by forefoot zoom air... it's hard for me to ball in anything without it. i hate how most shoes have heel zoom but no forefoot zoom...if they aren't gonna do both, they should do forefoot first imo

Originally Posted by whiplash

i'm too spoiled by forefoot zoom air... it's hard for me to ball in anything without it. i hate how most shoes have heel zoom but no forefoot zoom... if they aren't gonna do both, they should do forefoot first imo
This kind of logic makes too much sense for Nike!

i prefer zoom in the heel more than the forefoot but i'd stay away from the flight clubs if i could get the 09s for the same price or cheaper, actually. toeach his own.

Hey all Picked up the Huarache 09's today. Couldn't pass them up for $50 at the Nike Outlet. Tried on the Lebron VI's and the Huarache 09'stogether and went with the 09's. The 09's were $50 and the VI's were $70 but it wasn't even about the price. The 09's cushioning justfelt fantastic and they were so fluid in the heel to toe transition. I think after this will have to be a pair of the Lebron Soldiers.

Thanks for all the advice everyone's given. The shoes were at this price after the 30% friends and family sale going on this weekend. If anyone wants ascan of the coupon (not sure if a scan will work) shoot me an email and I'd be happy to give it to you. dnvtran(at)yahoo.com

Thanks!

ps. Tried on one of the 09's and one of the 08's and the 09's feel better, even right out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom