Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Somebody posted a pic ones of two dudes standing out in front of one of the stores in NYC, with what looked like 20-30 hyperadapt boxes, all in plastic see-through bags. Pretty sure it was in this thread, around a previous drop. One per customer, yeah right. And with these drops only happening in bigger metropolitan areas, it's the same folks who feast on the regular guys. And as long as we're all willing to pay resell price, it will not end. I'm guilty here too, but where I live the marker is skinny, so sometimes it's retail or bust.
And I have wanted these hyperadapts for a very long time, been in contact with nike since day 1, in various ways. But with resell prices being double or more, just did not want to go there. When I was able to get my hands on two pairs through DSM, no tax, free shipped, I had to, as I figured I could sell them both for a lower resell price and make enough to fund the difference for the resell value compared to retail black. And luckily that worked out. Had it not, I would have had two $720 shoes that may have been sitting, or that I could have lost money on.
But I loathe the entire resell game, and selling them does come with guilt, as you know somebody else, that may be a sneaker enthusiast, end up paying more compared to retail. I don't care about the hypebeast, and I figure most people that know what they are doing would know how to get them for lower prices anyway, but still. Just not my game.
I remember that one too - I think in that instance it was a dude buying pairs from people above retail to then resell at way above retail - if memory serves, that's what someone said.
I know people can usually score multiples but, I'm not sure that was the case (again for that instance)

20905115_257221208099749_6257751299979214848_n.jpg

Dope pic. Love the guy rocking the Mars Yard in the background too, can't wait to have mine in hand and rock 'em. Wear your shoes! Eventually I will get a pair of hyperadapts. I imagine it will be easier when I move back east and am 10 mins from nyc. Love this CW since i saw it on Rinaldos feet a few weeks ago, I'm a sucker for black and red shoes

Dope pic. Love the guy rocking the Mars Yard in the background too, can't wait to have mine in hand and rock 'em. Wear your shoes! Eventually I will get a pair of hyperadapts. I imagine it will be easier when I move back east and am 10 mins from nyc. Love this CW since i saw it on Rinaldos feet a few weeks ago, I'm a sucker for black and red shoes

This August drop can be had for about $800 - $900 on stockx, which is not much over retail considering you would have to pay local taxes.

Question for cats who have em when have these been worn? Not sure if these could be considered trainers or what

Saw on StockX "Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 Black (2nd Release Restock Re-Issue Box" what is different about the box on the restock?

Saw on StockX "Nike HyperAdapt 1.0 Black (2nd Release Restock Re-Issue Box" what is different about the box on the restock?

Check a couple pages back here and you'll see. It's a black box that appears smaller. My guess is that they did this for shipping, as the original blue box is huge and heavy.

My pair just arrived. It's the second generation box, even though I paid for and won a first generation box. The shoes are about identical except that the buttons have arrows on them instead of just colored dots. Checking with Stockx on how to resolve, since the first gen are higher cost compared to second gen. But I'm guessing with newer battery and possible fixes that these second gen may be better given I plan to wear them. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom