Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

Was able to scoop off a DSG restock . I’ve been enjoying them

9264682B-C702-4A6F-9E30-A3CA66495FC0.jpeg
113465D8-2009-4741-8B8A-A3575C40AC0D.jpeg

:lol: at the stuttering at the end…

1685480583688.jpeg

so many layers of irony and overlapping things in this whole situation lol. On many levels.

How they feel w the game day? Thought about grabbing those insoles for casual
About the same to me if I had to be honest. Haven’t noticed a difference. But I’m not someone who struggles with pain/soreness + I already have bunnies. Just wanted to see what the hype was about

:lol: at the stuttering at the end…

1685480583688.jpeg

so many layers of irony and overlapping things in this whole situation lol. On many levels.

Kyrie is 30+ and was in the last year of his contract. After the Infinity disaster they were going to let his contract run out anyway. They just cut everything and let it expire. People need to stop comparing his situation to Ja's.

And I think Kyrie was finished with them too and was kind of self sabotaging trying to line himself up with someone else. Ja def doesn’t want to be dropped he’s just acting foolishly immature.

Kyrie is 30+ and was in the last year of his contract. After the Infinity disaster they were going to let his contract run out anyway. They just cut everything and let it expire. People need to stop comparing his situation to Ja's.

I don’t know how you and Stephen A missed it but aside from Kobe (and that’s because of his death respectfully, RIP) Kyrie had by far the most popular modern basketball line in the league the past few years lol. So much so that Ja himself was usually wearing them if not Kobe’s, hence the pic. It’s ridiculous for SAS say that he was about to “cost Nike money” when he is the line they’re trying to replace with Ja’s in the marketplace as the shoe for young hoopers from a standpoint that he was probably the most popular new basketball line by a good margin lol. That’s why it was funny to me he started stuttering cuz he don’t even believe that.

Enough with the how the feel playing rec league ball. I need some on feet pics of them with casual outfits 🤣🤣

I asked this when they first dropped ****** came up with everything in the book other than pics of them being worn casually lol

1685562830395.jpeg

Nasty Work

Someone had on the day 1s at the gym and man I had regret getting the pair I did. 😂 even tho for hooping so I don’t care.

I’ll end up with another pair at some point as I really like these (for gym use)

Hopefully Nike starts dropping them more frequently: NIKEID would be nice too

I don’t know how you and Stephen A missed it but aside from Kobe (and that’s because of his death respectfully, RIP) Kyrie had by far the most popular modern basketball line in the league the past few years lol. So much so that Ja himself was usually wearing them if not Kobe’s, hence the pic. It’s ridiculous for SAS say that he was about to “cost Nike money” when he is the line they’re trying to replace with Ja’s in the marketplace as the shoe for young hoopers from a standpoint that he was probably the most popular new basketball line by a good margin lol. That’s why it was funny to me he started stuttering cuz he don’t even believe that.

It was the price point, not necessarily him and again, he is 31. How many more years did he have left? He was never a beloved figure in the first place.

Kyrie was never Michael Jordan. He was an interchangeable athlete. That's why they were looking for a younger player.

Their real mistake was letting Steph go.

:lol: at getting all the way HERE to not say Stephen A was wrong about Kyrie “hurting” Nike’s pockets when he easily had the most non Kobe/Jordan popular line in the league lol. That was a decade ago my ***** :lol: what that gotta do with Kyrie having the most popping line now? It don’t matter cuz in some alternate universe they shoulda signed Steph? :rofl:

Also lol @ it has nothing to do with him and then say the love for his line was gonna stop soon because he’s 31 :lol: which is it?

Life is stranger than fiction though because for every “problem” they thought they had with Kyrie…:lol: a wannabe street ***** is ten times more of a headache.

Last edited:
It was the price point, not necessarily him and again, he is 31. How many more years did he have left? He was never a beloved figure in the first place.

Kyrie was never Michael Jordan. He was an interchangeable athlete. That's why they were looking for a younger player.

Steph wasn’t “STEPH” and no one could’ve predicted what he would become, not even the Warriors or Steph based on the contract extension that Steph signed in 2012.

That pink pair that his dad is wearing in Toronto, is that what is supposed to drop on Christmas of this year? Here is the color info:

Nike Ja 1 ‘Christmas’ (X-MAS)
Color: Fuchsia Dream/Black-Emerald Rise-Magic Ember-Canyon Purple

Steph wasn’t “STEPH” and no one could’ve predicted what he would become, not even the Warriors or Steph based on the contract extension that Steph signed in 2012.
I can only speak for self when it comes to Steph. After ESPN did that doc on him while at Davidson I felt he could be a superstar in the NBA. Did I think he’d reach GOAT status? No. I knew the talk would be he’s too small at first. But his quickness on and off the ball to get his shot had me mesmerized. He played with a lot of heart! Was praying the Lakers would somehow get him lol. It was his injuries early on that had me worried he wouldn’t reach his potential. I made a similar argument for Joakim Noah coming out of college. He didn’t have size, nor a a lot of skill. But I really felt his heart, leadership, and desire to win would help him have a decent career.

Still mad Steph not a Nike athlete. His UA sig has been decent but I just can’t get with the UA logo…eyesore

He was a 20 point scorer with perceived ankle problems. He would have stayed with Nike on a low offer if they put any sort of effort into his pitch. He would have been wearing a Nike basketball sneaker and would have gotten his own sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom