Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

David Stern woudda sent dude to the Guangdong Tigers by now. Realistically, I say 30 games.
This overrating of David Stern is hilarious. He only gave Stephen Jackson 7 games for his felony gun charge.

And didn’t Ja wear the scratches on court last season.

I honestly don't know what the right move here is. Silver feels out of touch to reach Ja. The object has to be to get him on a good path and away from the gun stuff. Does suspending him for a year help that, or just give him idle time for him to hang out and do exactly what you don't want him doing?

I don't care about appearances or decorum or looking any kind of way for the paying customers or respectability politics stuff, I just don't want the dude to end up shooting somebody or getting shot. If it was just the video I don't think it would even be a blip. It's all the stories that circulated for months leading up to both videos.

The next time we Ja suit up for the Grizzlies

1685748178377.jpeg

DENVER — For NBA commissioner Adam Silver, the Ja Morant case is about gun safety, and not a legal or political matter.

“I feel across the board, regardless of what people’s individual views are on gun rights, everyone feels firearms should be handled in a safe way, and waving them around or displaying them in a certain context is not consistent with gun safety and is not the proper message that an NBA player, particularly one at Ja’s level, should be sending to the tens of millions of followers he has,” Silver said Friday at an NBA Cares event at a local Boys and Girls Club in Denver — one day after Silver said that Morant’s potential punishment would be announced soon after the finals.

“This is not commenting on any state’s laws,” Silver said. “This is, to me, an issue of gun safety.”

Friday marked the third time Silver had spoken publicly about Morant’s second incident in which he handled a gun in videos posted to social media. In this case, Silver articulated what he thought Morant had done wrong — in spite of not violating laws in either state in which the two incidents occurred.

On or near May 14, Morant appeared in a video in which he was riding in an SUV with multiple people, singing and dancing to music. A camera was capturing the situation on Instagram Live, and in the briefest of moments on the video, Morant appeared to be holding a handgun in his left hand. He was subsequently suspended from all team activities pending the league’s review.

Silver declined to say Friday if the gun was loaded, but in his comments prior to Game 1 of the finals, he mentioned that league investigators had uncovered “additional information.”

Morant was suspended for eight games in March for wielding a gun in a Denver-area nightclub, in an incident that was posted to his Instagram Live account, and met with Silver in New York when the suspension was levied.

“My sense was he understood the severity of the circumstances and it wasn’t a legal one … but the responsibility he has in this league when it comes to gun safety, which to me, is not a political issue when it comes to gun safety,” Silver said.

Authorities in Colorado declined to press charges in March, and there wouldn’t even be charges to press in Tennessee, where the latest incident presumably happened.

Tennessee is one of multiple states in the union where there is no prosecution for carrying a gun without a permit. Additionally, in the state of Tennessee (and other states) there is a law on the books called the “Second Amendment Sanctuary Act,” which prohibits the state or any of its subdivisions from enforcing “any law, treaty, executive order, rule, or regulation of the United States government that violates the Second Amendment.”

Silver said Morant’s behavior, though not illegal, did not meet the NBA’s standard.

“When we have a standard for conduct detrimental, at the end of the day, it’s one based on what we see as the values of this league and what our expectation for our players in terms of the image we’re portraying to our fans,” Silver said.

Morant, 23, a two-time All-Star, remains suspended by the Grizzlies, pending the ruling expected from Silver shortly after the finals conclude.

The only way I see him getting more than one season, or a lifetime ban, is if it was him that pointed the gun at the Pacers
Wait what? Maybe I haven’t been following this closely enough. Ja was flashing the gun at the Pacers? I thought he was dancing to some song on IG and pulled it out(pause)

If $200M and a little daughter can't convince the guy to shape up...whatever, man.

As far as the sneakers go, I enjoy wearing the launch CW casually...and definitely need the Scratches simply because they're the most on-the-nose Vancouver Grizzlies CW (one of the greatest uni sets ever from the 90s) that isn't a custom.

Wait what? Maybe I haven’t been following this closely enough. Ja was flashing the gun at the Pacers? I thought he was dancing to some song on IG and pulled it out(pause)

There was “allegations” of his group flashing a laser at the pacers. Team security said they believed it was a gun with a laser.

PG1 feel better IMO, they had a better fit and a big fluffy ortholite insole + bigger forefoot zoom bag

Disagree

Zoom bag feels better on the Ja and the fit on the Ja is fine, they just look bulky. I never even really felt the bag in the PG1, despite them outlining how large it was in the forefoot.

I'd say the Ja's have better traction also.

Ja's pretty much fit like a little bouncier Kyrie low 4, 5.

Back
Top Bottom