Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

any chance we will see a Nike By You release? Seems like Nike has given up on NBY in general. In the 00s and 10s we got spoiled so much by Nike ID/ NBY!

I haven’t seen GS pairs of the Ja 1s in stores, but surprisingly a kid asked me if we had them available at work the other day.

GS dropped online but looks like in store is 5/4
4051F55B-28D1-4D44-9778-17A045AF18B4.png

My blood cousin Ben is the one who designed these. I’m so proud of him. It was always his dream to work for Nike as a footwear designer. He did the Kyries, the past two KD’s and now these. He’s come such a long way.
S/o Ben 💪🏾
👀👀👀

IMG_3713.png

Info on the jacket, which Ja is wearing?

looks like it was part of a jacket/pants set, CU3552-010

While I agree it was dumb to release them so late, the Ja incident pushed the entire release schedule back a bit.

The second colorway drops on the 4th which I’m assuming Nike figured the #2 seed Grizz would be knee deep in playoff p.

That said, I don’t think it’ll make a huge impact. Most people that were gonna buy the upcoming colorways still will

Side note - Ja geekin on the bench in the blowout and all smiles on the walk of shame back to the telly is a crazy look imo. Dat boy ready to hit the dustiest strip with 10 bands and some Henny, he couldn’t care less, it feel like

Last edited:
Ion care, The Grizz deserved all the taunts and Walk of Shame, put it on themselves. It does kinda suck for the kicks a lil though.

Those weren’t dark times y’all had Kobe

Wasted years…Kobe was still rebuilding himself from the Denver situation and the Shaq fallout. The NBA was still 💩’n on him some. Reason he had 1 MVP award instead of 2(should’ve been 3 IMO). Up 3-1 on PHX only to lose series, smh. Yes, Kobe was part of the blame. He gave up game 7 after PHX came back. Can’t really say I blame him, but it did piss me off.

I was a little worried about the cushioning, or lack thereof in these but zero complaints so far. Really fun shoe to play in.

Remember when Smush and Kobe combined for 94 points?
I didn’t watch the NBA back in 2006, so for me “dark times” is 2014-2016 Lakers. At least in 2006 Kobe could destroy everyone even though the rest of the team was lackluster. Watching Kobe wrapped in ice packs like a mummy while the lakers were down 20 was painful.

I didn’t watch the NBA back in 2006, so for me “dark times” is 2014-2016 Lakers. At least in 2006 Kobe could destroy everyone even though the rest of the team was lackluster. Watching Kobe wrapped in ice packs like a mummy while the lakers were down 20 was painful.

If you didn't watch the NBA then you're not qualified to speak on the Lakers.

So keep your focus on the Grizzlies and JA's shoes

1682887851056.gif

While I agree it was dumb to release them so late, the Ja incident pushed the entire release schedule back a bit.

The second colorway drops on the 4th which I’m assuming Nike figured the #2 seed Grizz would be knee deep in playoff p.

That said, I don’t think it’ll make a huge impact. Most people that were gonna buy the upcoming colorways still will

Side note - Ja geekin on the bench in the blowout and all smiles on the walk of shame back to the telly is a crazy look imo. Dat boy ready to hit the dustiest strip with 10 bands and some Henny, he couldn’t care less, it feel like
yes sir instead of hittin the gym he hittin da clubs these cats don care about winning no more

yes sir instead of hittin the gym he hittin da clubs these cats don care about winning no more
I agree big time. Thats why I dont get too upset when my team lose. I remember back when I was younger in the Mid 2000s when the Mavericks had Finley and Dampier. They lost a big playoff game and I was pissed so I was at the club that night and look up and some of the players were in there having a good time. Every since then I was like why am I getting upset for a few day or 2 and they dont give a damn.

Back
Top Bottom