Nike Ja 2 - October 3, 2024 for Stargazer

That 2k cover is photoshopped :lol:
This..... Changes things.

879e5f8e072767fe3ab3d69408aa178a (1).gif

The 2s look pretty good to me. They'll be able to do some cool stuff with that mid panel and the heel cup as far as materials and colorblocking.

Kinda interesting, I'd have liked to see the panels inverted and have the embossed/Foamposite-like panel inside rather than outside.
We'll see.

Ja picking up some hardware in those tho.

Why are they trying to force me to deal with that swimming trunk built in underwear mesh again?

That upper design is just downright lazy. They HAVE TO STOP slapping a huge swoosh on the side of these sig shoes. When you do that you put yourself in to a box creatively and you're forcing everything else around it. These are a perfect example of that. Remember in the 90's/early 2000s when they let the design do the talking and not the swoosh? When you saw something on someone's feet and you didn't know they were nikes but you knew they were nikes?

The big swoosh isn’t even an issue. Kobe’s did that for the majority of sigs. The problem is trying to make sigs like they’re inspired by someone else’s sig, instead of their own. You have these and Sabrina 2s with design elements of a Kobe 5.

The big swoosh isn’t even an issue. Kobe’s did that for the majority of sigs. The problem is trying to make sigs like they’re inspired by someone else’s sig, instead of their own. You have these and Sabrina 2s with design elements of a Kobe 5.
Although I agree with that 100%, as someone who has worked in the field of industrial design for quite some time, I have an enormous problem with the huge swoosh. There is no beauty in using that as a template for every single one of your sig shoes. The Sabrina line has undoubtedly taken huge cues from the Kobe line but thus far it has seemed to work. This sneaker here is just a terrible attempt.

Nike Ja 2 “Stargazer”
Color: Bold Berry/Light Lemon Twist-Dark Raisin-Baltic Blue
Release Date: October 3, 2024
Style Code: FD7328-500
Price: $120

Back
Top Bottom