Nike Joyride

anybody got picked and granted the "privilege" to purchase these shoes today?

via NDC chat:

Claudine
To clear things up, today is for the early access for select NikePlus members.

Claudine
While August 1 is for another release exclusively for all NikePlus members here in USA. This is like an regular launch wherein it is a first come, first serve basis.

Claudine
Then August 15 is for the global release.

Hilarious, I also inquired via chat and got Claudine.

Did they drop and already sell out? I got zero notification but searched it on google and says it’s no longer available...

Edit: Just read the post about exclusive access today, thanks!

... early access... probably good, I was gonna buy some **** I aint need today...

https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2018/05/...ikes-flyknit-air-cleat-technologies/id=97016/

Nike hit Puma on multiple fronts, but the Joyride specific is the one about “sole structure incorporating a fluid-filled bladder and a reinforcing structure secured to the bladder.” and mentions the Puma Jamming (which someone posted a pic of on page one).
good stuff

Writer of the Engadget article made the Boost comparison: "Adidas, Nike's main competitor, does have the Ultraboost for its part -- which I often describe as feeling as if you're walking on a soft, cushiony pillow. With the Joyride Run Flyknit, Nike has created something similar, if not better. And since these shoes don't include a sock-liner, you feel the thousands of tiny beads conform to your feet as soon as you put them on, since there's only a thin piece of fabric between them and each foot. That should help maximize performance, Nike says, since Joyride has the ability to adapt to every runner differently."
writer overlooked nike's lunar cushioning which came before boost

Wired article mentioned this:

"The Joyride trainers also incorporate Nike's softest foam SRO2 around the bead pouches. To keep them in place, each set of beads is wrapped in a plastic casing.The Joyride trainers also incorporate Nike's softest foam SRO2 around the bead pouches. To keep them in place, each set of beads is wrapped in a plastic casing."

I have no idea what SRO2 is - this is honestly intriguing in and of itself. Anybody have a clue?

... early access... probably good, I was gonna buy some **** I aint need today...

this is honestly nikes loss because i was ready to buy on an impulse and out of curiosity but that interest is starting to wane and id have a few weeks to mull it over and then likely wait for a sale instead...

but thats how nike wants to play their games

Hopefully there’s a Joyride recovery slide like Hoka and Oofos

Last edited:
if you want to see if you have access for the wht pair: https://www.nike.com/t/joyride-run-...tent&cjevent=f524e28eaf1c11e9808e00e60a1c0e0d

EAWQ2OKU8AEiA8B.jpg

nike flatiron has them... kept clicking add to cart and was able to add but wont let me check out lol

Not reserved for me either. I want the black color way so I guess I saved some coins.

contemplated reserving to pick up at a store after work but think I’ll wait for the black pair instead

Back
Top Bottom