Nike Joyride

The thing is, these aren't really marketed towards serious runners. They're primarily aimed at hypebeasts and gym Bros who always need something new. Your average runner is still just going to grab the Pegasus because it's a workhorse cheaper option. Splurge runners will grab the 4/Next % or Turbo. Most casual runners will still probably just go for the Epic React or Zoom Fly, since the design is a little simpler and more adaptable. I expect the diagram of people who buy the Joyride and people who buy the Airmax 270 to to be an almost perfect circle.

I actually aesthetically like the look of the joyride more then some of nikes casual shoes. But we have air max 270, air max 720, react element 55, presto react, react 270, air max 200, Vapor max. But the more i think about it the more it just falls in line with the shoes i just mentioned :lol: sooooo carry on nike

upload_2019-7-26_12-5-0.jpeg

Only one problem... I live on the opposite side of the country in D.C.

Thanks for the invite though, Nike :rofl:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-26_12-5-0.png
    upload_2019-7-26_12-5-0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Nah.

Boost eventually bottoms out and becomes super ordinary.

The initial ride, however, is still top shelf.

My ultraboosts bottomed out after about a year and a half. Zoom bottoms out after 6 months.
Anywhoo these joyrides scream gimmick to me and will be forgotten by next summer.

6 months on Zoom? Naw fella.

Yes "fella". I buy pegasus every year and after 6 months of wearing them twice a week I cant feel the zoom at all. It feels like nothing. Even last years full length 35's.
I never understood why people say zoom is amazing and the best cushion.

Yes "fella". I buy pegasus every year and after 6 months of wearing them twice a week I cant feel the zoom at all. It feels like nothing. Even last years full length 35's.
I never understood why people say zoom is amazing and the best cushion.

I guess my question is what do you use each shoe for and which models? The Zoom bag in the Pegasus 35/36 is thinner, and if you're comparing to UltraBoosts, that's a different class of shoe, being a Premium+, versus the Pegasus being a Standard.

I believe your experience to be true, but the experience of a 300lbs person who only wears shoes casually or for resistance training is going to be vastly different than a 150lbs person who uses the shoes for their intended purpose: running (and even then there are speed, mileage, gait, and terrain considerations).

I went to a Nike Joyride event for select Nike+ yesterday in LA. They broke down some of how it was made, gave us the shoe, then had some Nike corporate trainers work us out in them.

I got blessed with the oreos, which supposedly isn't supposed to be out out everywhere until mid August. I showed up to the event in my triple black Epic React 1 (which I wear all the time), but I haven't taken these off since they gave them to us.

I can feel the cushion with each step around my foot. They aren't meant to be used like a Zoom Fly 3, or Pegasus Turbo, but are good for warm up runs and treadmill work. Casually, these are great to just walk around in.

There are bags with the TPE beads in each part of the midsole, toe to heel. They didn't say what cushioning was on top of the bags but it seems to blend in perfectly with the bead cushioning

I went to a Nike Joyride event for select Nike+ yesterday in LA. They broke down some of how it was made, gave us the shoe, then had some Nike corporate trainers work us out in them.

I got blessed with the oreos, which supposedly isn't supposed to be out out everywhere until mid August. I showed up to the event in my triple black Epic React 1 (which I wear all the time), but I haven't taken these off since they gave them to us.

I can feel the cushion with each step around my foot. They aren't meant to be used like a Zoom Fly 3, or Pegasus Turbo, but are good for warm up runs and treadmill work. Casually, these are great to just walk around in.

There are bags with the TPE beads in each part of the midsole, toe to heel. They didn't say what cushioning was on top of the bags but it seems to blend in perfectly with the bead cushioning

I’m pretty sure there isn’t any cushioning on top of the bags. Pull out your insole if you can, I don’t even think there’s a regular strobel underneath? (Basically just the insole laid straight on top of the bead pockets)

You can't remove the insole. In my oreo pair, it's stitched together with the footbed in an inner bootie similar to the Nike Huarache. If there's nothing around it, then maybe that's just another pro for how good the cushioning is. There are 4 major TPE bags from toe to heel as far as that goes.

In these past couple days wearing them, I've only felt instability a couple times (similar to when you're breaking in vapormaxes for the 1st time) but it goes away with each step. Easily a great walk around shoe. I could be @ Universal Studios or Disneyland in these all day and be fine

As far as sizing goes, you can stay true to size. My true size fits perfectly. They are flyknit, so you could go bigger if you'd like. My Epic Reacts are a size bigger than these

Last edited:
So how many styles are dropping?

Joyride Run Flyknit - 4 pods
Joyride NSW - 3 pods
Joyride NSW Setter ("muscle car") - 3 pods
Joyride NSW Optik (womens) - 2 pods
Joyride Nova (kids) - 2 pods

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom