Nike Joyride

React is ok? Is this finally the response to Ultra Boost? I was in love with Zoom Air. The moment I finally got a pair of Ultra Boost, love. For 180, same as Ultra Boost, it better be good

Intrigued but 180 is not the wave.

Pegasus Turbo at that price point imo but then again I haven’t tried these on yet.

Nike ran me in circles today by not following up on my in-store reservation and not answering the phone.

Gonna pull up in-person to see if I can snag them before my trip this weekend.

NRC+ messages and emails went out before midnight to sign up for release day notifications. They are now also visible on NDC and in app.

CBB0F710-79E3-440E-B594-3077A7B2F5DD.png

Nothing appealing to me about the dippin dots screams gimmick when I seen on the pumas but I can tell Nike is doing it better. That’s interesting Nike had the tech first though...

Da Joyride NSW Setter pair have my interest :smokin. Waiting on da right colorway :nerd: & discount :smokin.
Me too fam, the right colorway will set these off, the shape of them is what does it for me, now if they come up with a fire *** color, sold. I'll even contemplate the Flyknits too.

I'm getting sick of all this new tech :lol: going to stick to nike air and adidas boost

Not sure about the comfort, but the sole design with the different colored beads you can see looks dope

Like I said before in another thread, you slap a Nike logo on it. People talk differently.

Puma NRGY Beads
Puma-NRGY-White.jpg

dims.jpg
nike-joyride-1.jpg

Nike's Joyride Run Flyknit will launch globally on August 15th for $180, although Nike Plus members have the chance to scoop them up earlier, on July 25th. That said, these won't be the only sneakers to don the Joyride technology: Nike is also working on women- and kid-specific models that are going to have the bead-filled cushioning system, some of which you can get a sneak peak of in the photo gallery below. Those other models are set to drop later this year.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/25/nike-joyride-run-flyknit/

Surely you don't think these look the same other than both having beads

Those Pumas are a no effort Air Max 2007 sole with some beads inside.

Presto react is the comfort goat right now

Interested to see how these feel

YES!

presto react is amazing and is being heavily slept on I feel...

As for people shocked Nike had the tech first ya shouldn’t be

Nike had its hands sort of on boost tech first but things went sideways hence their lawsuit with adidas and the execs who left Nike to adidas

The irony is “boost” isn’t even owned by adidas

Not to critique nike or anything on marketing but part of me feels like these serve 0 purpose other then to directly compete with Ultra boost. Like do you want a shoe that is too soft to run in? Do you want to pay $180 for a lifestyle runner that isn't really a runner? Buy the nike joy ride!! They may have a shot with the "running shoe for people who hate running" I always thought that was a backwards marketing scheme but then i saw how well Planet Fitness does...."A Gym for people who hate gyms"

Wait you are a runner...then use these for "recovery runs".
But if you want a good cushy and responsive runner...epic react 2
If you want a good everyday runner...peg-36 or peg-turbo
You are a serious runner then vaporfly 4% or VaporX or Zoom Fly
You want a speed runner or short distance runner...nike free

React is ok? Is this finally the response to Ultra Boost? I was in love with Zoom Air. The moment I finally got a pair of Ultra Boost, love. For 180, same as Ultra Boost, it better be good

Boost loses me with the weight. You're basically looking at the Boston for a comparably-weighted shoe to the Pegasus. So I'm a fan of React, even if it's just a smidge too soft for an all-around trainer (but then the Pegasus lacks a single-piece midsole).

Not to critique nike or anything on marketing but part of me feels like these serve 0 purpose other then to directly compete with Ultra boost. Like do you want a shoe that is too soft to run in? Do you want to pay $180 for a lifestyle runner that isn't really a runner? Buy the nike joy ride!! They may have a shot with the "running shoe for people who hate running" I always thought that was a backwards marketing scheme but then i saw how well Planet Fitness does...."A Gym for people who hate gyms"

Wait you are a runner...then use these for "recovery runs".
But if you want a good cushy and responsive runner...epic react 2
If you want a good everyday runner...peg-36 or peg-turbo
You are a serious runner then vaporfly 4% or VaporX or Zoom Fly
You want a speed runner or short distance runner...nike free

The thing is, these aren't really marketed towards serious runners. They're primarily aimed at hypebeasts and gym Bros who always need something new. Your average runner is still just going to grab the Pegasus because it's a workhorse cheaper option. Splurge runners will grab the 4/Next % or Turbo. Most casual runners will still probably just go for the Epic React or Zoom Fly, since the design is a little simpler and more adaptable. I expect the diagram of people who buy the Joyride and people who buy the Airmax 270 to to be an almost perfect circle.

Back
Top Bottom