Nike KD 12

Tried on a pair, I'm very hesitant on these. I don't think I've seen narrower pair of basketball shoes before, the Epic Reacts I was wearing was so much wider in the forefoot. The shoe collar height is a mid but don't be fooled, this is a low. The upper part of the collar did not have any contact with my ankle besides the tongue. There's a nice heel pad to lock in your heel but a low with a narrow forefoot scares me. Most of Nikes low cut shoes have a wide base to prevent ankle rolls. I'm gonna wait for some brave souls to wear test this.

Picked up Day Ones at local Footlocker. They thought release was tomorrow and had to call district manager to see if they could sell them and I had to show them they were available on footlocker.com.
Fit feels true to size. I'm a 10 in most Nikes, and these don't feel too narrow for my average width foot. Though they are a midcut the laces come across right where my ankle meets my foot so it still kind of feels like a low. Like other have said, cushioning doesn't feel mind blowing in forefoot, but I do notice some zoom in the perimeter of the footbed more than other shoes. My Kobe protro 1s feel bouncier than these, but maybe the zoom in the KD12 will be more noticeable when they break in more. Traction was great on clean hardwood, didn't need to wipe at all, but that could be because the floors were recently cleaned. Generally pleased but hoping for more from the zoom over time.

Tried these on today. Don’t want to make any final remarks since I haven’t played in them yet, but...

They felt very narrow, but I have a slightly wide foot I guess. I felt high off the ground, but still stable.

The cushion felt very nice, and bouncy. But I guess I had my expectations a little too high because I was still slightly disappointed. The impact protection felt great. I made myself look like a fool doing some high jumps in the middle of the store lmao.

The upper had me locked down from heel to toe, and the mesh was light and felt good on foot. The flyknit tongue felt very nice, and the padded nature of it ensured that the laces weren’t pinching my foot

Overall I’m still very excited to get my pair and finally play in them. They’re very promising so far

Bought a pair today from finishline and my first initial thoughts from trying them on in store and at home is that they felt really nice on feet. The cushion was noticeably plush and bouncy. Felt like the articulated zoom cushion didn’t need no break in time at all. Did I forget to say that it was surprisingly low to the ground. For a full zoom unit with this much impact support that rides low to the ground is a plus to me personally. Im 35 and want to feel quick as possible off the ground with saving my knees. Haha. Only thing I’m a bit hesitant about is the translucent outsole, hoping that it holds up on the court floor with minimal wiping of dust. Overall these can be the best shoes I have tried on since Kobe 6s personally. Full zoom is the way to go!

Got mine yesterday and haven't had a chance to wear them on court yet so wore them to the gym. On basketball based movements they were great and the support was definitely there. Definitely a step up from the KD11 which tore my achilis to shreds every time I wore them.

Damn. Rewards day 1 is a plus too. I want a pair. Gotta keep w my pg3 id’s for a few weeks and see if another color or discount happens.

Cushinoning is ok. Nothing mind blowing.

Interesting because Foamposites are double heel stacked zoom and a separate zoom unit in the forefoot and after broken in they’re one of the most comfortable zoom set ups of all time.

12’s are full length zoom plus double stack in the heel, yet not mind blowing...

Just out of curiosity what NIKES do you consider to have “mind blowing” cushioning?

Byle's here, it's ARGUING time
jimmyyyy.png

Byle's here, it's ARGUING time
jimmyyyy.png

I was asking a question about his opinion. I literally said his comment was interesting.

How can I argue and I don’t even have the shoe yet?

Relax.

He might say Kyrie 3’s... he’s entitled to his opinion. I’m just asking.

Interesting because Foamposites are double heel stacked zoom and a separate zoom unit in the forefoot and after broken in they’re one of the most comfortable zoom set ups of all time.

12’s are full length zoom plus double stack in the heel, yet not mind blowing...

Just out of curiosity what NIKES do you consider to have “mind blowing” cushioning?

Zoom cushioning that impressed me:
Jordan 28 SE
KD 9
Kobe Protro 1
Nike Air Foamposite 3
Zoom BB 1

TTS?

Just watched Weartesters' overview and he mentioned the dreaded "toe bump" because of the TPU at the toe.

Back
Top Bottom