Nike KD 15

So far I like my volt KD15s. Traction and cushioning are excellent. The fit is good and I don't get any heel slip going TTS. I am getting foot soreness around the arch of my foot and the outside of my foot where the stabilization wings attach to the midsole. It's like tightening the shoes pulls those rigid wings up into my foot and slowly makes my feet sore. I've tried lacing them tighter and looser and I still get the pain no matter what I do (note that the pain is definitely worse when I go tighter). This is pretty frustrating. Anyone else having this problem and have you found a solution? I had hoped it would go away with break in, but I've been wearing them 4-5 days a week for 2-3 weeks and it isn't going away.

The nightmares photo is up on nike.com saying they coming soon.
94437461-4E6D-4BD7-B730-4547DC6217A1.png
8/10 on Nike.

4B2ACE9D-D81A-4AC7-BB90-37916356B165.jpeg

47DC3AA9-D99C-4A9A-B629-4616C628AD9B.jpeg

very happy with them, construction is on point. $165 still too pricey though, gonna return and wait for an eventual sale or NBY.
Those look better than the NDC images. I agree that $165 is too much for a GR that should be available with discounts soon. I'm willing to go that much for NBY.

So far I like my volt KD15s. Traction and cushioning are excellent. The fit is good and I don't get any heel slip going TTS. I am getting foot soreness around the arch of my foot and the outside of my foot where the stabilization wings attach to the midsole. It's like tightening the shoes pulls those rigid wings up into my foot and slowly makes my feet sore. I've tried lacing them tighter and looser and I still get the pain no matter what I do (note that the pain is definitely worse when I go tighter). This is pretty frustrating. Anyone else having this problem and have you found a solution? I had hoped it would go away with break in, but I've been wearing them 4-5 days a week for 2-3 weeks and it isn't going away.
Use a runners loop for lacing and see if that helps

Hooped for two hours in these here’s my initial thoughts:

Cushion is way more stiff than the 14s out of the box, like drastically different. 14s felt more pillowy/bouncy and these feel more firm and responsive. Traction is good with wipes but needs time to break in similar to the 14s.

I’m getting some pain on the midfoot of my right foot from the plastic wings pushing onto it when tightening the laces. it’s been a bit uncomfortable. The heel slippage is definitely there but it goes away tightening the laces all the way through but then the problem of the plastic wings pushing against my feet painfully occurs. These feel lighter on feet and less bulky which is something else I’m positive about but overall I’m a bit concerned about the slippage. I’m super OCD about the way my shoes fit and I remember I stopped hooping in the KD12s because of it. I’ll give it some more time to break in and if it doesn’t fix I’ll try the runners loop or else these will be stashed/used as my gym shoes.

Hooped for two hours in these here’s my initial thoughts:

Cushion is way more stiff than the 14s out of the box, like drastically different. 14s felt more pillowy/bouncy and these feel more firm and responsive. Traction is good with wipes but needs time to break in similar to the 14s.

I’m getting some pain on the midfoot of my right foot from the plastic wings pushing onto it when tightening the laces. it’s been a bit uncomfortable. The heel slippage is definitely there but it goes away tightening the laces all the way through but then the problem of the plastic wings pushing against my feet painfully occurs. These feel lighter on feet and less bulky which is something else I’m positive about but overall I’m a bit concerned about the slippage. I’m super OCD about the way my shoes fit and I remember I stopped hooping in the KD12s because of it. I’ll give it some more time to break in and if it doesn’t fix I’ll try the runners loop or else these will be stashed/used as my gym shoes.
I posted above I’m still getting pain from the wings after almost 3 weeks. I played 8 hours ago and my feet are still sore from the wing pressure zones. Im seriously thinking about sending them back to Nike to try a different colorway/pair. I do really like how the cushion feels protective and responsive though.

I posted above I’m still getting pain from the wings after almost 3 weeks. I played 8 hours ago and my feet are still sore from the wing pressure zones. Im seriously thinking about sending them back to Nike to try a different colorway/pair. I do really like how the cushion feels protective and responsive though.
Have you tried laying off the shoes for several days to give your feet time to heal? Maybe the clamping force from it won’t be as bad as you’ve broken them in but your feet need time to recover. I had the same problem with the PG2s and ultimately had to give up on them because the wings caused unbearable pain.

Have you tried laying off the shoes for several days to give your feet time to heal? Maybe the clamping force from it won’t be as bad as you’ve broken them in but your feet need time to recover. I had the same problem with the PG2s and ultimately had to give up on them because the wings caused unbearable pain.
Good suggestion. Played today in another pair of shoes to give my feet a break. I think I'm going to play in other pairs this weekend and try the KD15s again on Monday and see how it goes.

Avid runner and from what a learned over the years from running shoes I apply to basketball.

-Breaking in a shoe should never be painful.
If it is pain felt the shoe is not for you or the size is wrong. The break in process should enhance the feeling of the sneaker and make it better. I have had running shoes in the past that I thought pain/uncomfortable was a part of the break in process-this leads to your body tolerating the pain until It becomes use to it.

Avid runner and from what a learned over the years from running shoes I apply to basketball.

If it is pain felt the shoe is not for you or the size is wrong. The break in process should enhance the feeling of the sneaker and make it better. I have had running shoes in the past that I thought pain/uncomfortable was a part of the break in process-this leads to your body tolerating the pain until It becomes use to it.
What about foams?

1659138382922.gif

I have flat feet so most shoes I play basketball or run in hurt my feet when I first get them. So it may take minutes, hours our a couple of times to wear them.

But what you're saying definitely makes sense!

1659138382922.gif

I have flat feet so most shoes I play basketball or run in hurt my feet when I first get them. So it may take minutes, hours our a couple of times to wear them.

I felt that way running in Nikes my whole life until I finally went to a running store and got shoes for my running gait. I wear Ugly Asics and Brooks painless from mile 1-500

Tried some good looking Nike pegasus 37 and couldn’t make it to 1.5 miles cause my arches were burning

I felt that way running in Nikes my whole life until I finally went to a running store and got shoes for my running gait. I wear Ugly Asics and Brooks painless from mile 1-500

Tried some good looking Nike pegasus 37 and couldn’t make it to 1.5 miles cause my arches were burning

Nike’s usually have high arches so they’re bad for running for many.

It’s weird that all the research, technology and money put into Nike’s running shoes. That most runners don’t use them for running! :rofl:

What you said definitely makes sense!

1659138382922.gif

Gotta get some insoles my guy. Try Protalus or Move Insoles and stop the pain today!

Gotta get some insoles my guy. Try Protalus or Move Insoles and stop the pain today!

I have the Move insoles and you're right, they're great! I only use those for the Oder shoes or shoes without good cushioning.

I just feel that Move insoles and other orthotics make every shoe feel the same and I'm want to feel the technology in newer shoes. Like Full Length Zoom.

I could definitely be wrong!

It's weird because some shoes didn't hurt. Jordan 12's, Kyrie Infinity's. But every other shoe usually hurts for 15-20 minutes when I first start playing in them.

KD 14's, Lebron 19's and the GT Jumps I played in them too many times for them to start feeling right! :rolleyes

Had no idea who Napheesa Collier was until today after reading through this promo Nike sent through the app.

Off the dome I barely know any WNBA players… Candace Parker, Cambridge, Sue Bird, Taurasi, Sabrina I, Chimey O, and I think her last name is Powers from the Minnesota team I came across her posts on IG.

They gotta do a better job of promoting their players.

Back
Top Bottom