Nike KD 15

I can’t even say I’m seeing commercials online or on espn.

The only reason I know who that Powers girl is because she posted videos of herself going to 24 Hr Fitnesses and playing against guys. Caught a clip that was picked up by maybe Ball is Life and started following her on social.

Bill Burr said it best, that if the all so-called "feminists" show up to WNBA games and show their support like how all the Chads show up and support NBA games, the WNBA would be more popular. Men aren't failing the WNBA, the "feminists" are.

Hooped for two hours in these here’s my initial thoughts:

Cushion is way more stiff than the 14s out of the box, like drastically different. 14s felt more pillowy/bouncy and these feel more firm and responsive. Traction is good with wipes but needs time to break in similar to the 14s.

I’m getting some pain on the midfoot of my right foot from the plastic wings pushing onto it when tightening the laces. it’s been a bit uncomfortable. The heel slippage is definitely there but it goes away tightening the laces all the way through but then the problem of the plastic wings pushing against my feet painfully occurs. These feel lighter on feet and less bulky which is something else I’m positive about but overall I’m a bit concerned about the slippage. I’m super OCD about the way my shoes fit and I remember I stopped hooping in the KD12s because of it. I’ll give it some more time to break in and if it doesn’t fix I’ll try the runners loop or else these will be stashed/used as my gym shoes.

Do you have wider feet, because I don't get that midfoot pain nor did they feel tight for me.

Avid runner and from what a learned over the years from running shoes I apply to basketball.

-Breaking in a shoe should never be painful.
If it is pain felt the shoe is not for you or the size is wrong. The break in process should enhance the feeling of the sneaker and make it better. I have had running shoes in the past that I thought pain/uncomfortable was a part of the break in process-this leads to your body tolerating the pain until It becomes use to it.
Pain was definitely a part of some shoes back in the 2000s lol. Shox limitless had this really strange pain that was super common, it took a few weeks to break in and then they were good to go. I remember 2k3’s used to make peoples feet bleed until they broke in smh. On the ankles where the hard part would rub.

I remember it taking weeks to break in shoes back in the day. Being young, light weight, and only playing a few times a week (if that) meant it took some time.

I do not miss the blisters/pain at all

Do you have wider feet, because I don't get that midfoot pain nor did they feel tight for me.
Super narrow feet actually so not sure. The heel slip isn’t going away for me unfortunately and I’m close to stashing these now because I don’t feel comfortable hooping in them without the secure fit. It’s not crazy heel slippage to the point I feel my foot will come out but it’s enough to make me think about it running up the floor.

I’m starting to think KDs just not for me because when I think about it I’ve always had problems. 9s had lateral stability issues for me so I skipped the 10s since it was almost the same shoe. 11s we’re straight garbage to hoop in, 12s gave me the minor heel slip, 13s I didn’t cop and the 14s give me 0 issues. 15s bring back the heel slip feel I had in the 12s so I think I’m stuck with Kobe’s forever honestly lol

I remember it taking weeks to break in shoes back in the day. Being young, light weight, and only playing a few times a week (if that) meant it took some time.

I do not miss the blisters/pain at all
For me the Ultraflights were extremely painful out the box back in the day, but after they broke in they were phenomenal. I wish they’d retro those

Bill Burr said it best, that if the all so-called "feminists" show up to WNBA games and show their support like how all the Chads show up and support NBA games, the WNBA would be more popular. Men aren't failing the WNBA, the "feminists" are.

Sure, societal messages mean nothing. 🤦 But this convo is larger than this shoe, so might as well just leave it there.

Sure, societal messages mean nothing. 🤦 But this convo is larger than this shoe, so might as well just leave it there.

It's really not that deep. Women need to support the women first and foremost. If they're not at the games, they can't expect the men to show up and support them either.

I'm not trying to start any argument, it was just a segment from the latest Bill Burr stand up that stood out to me and kinda makes some sense.
He also said something about how these "feminists" can probably name all the Kardashians or Housewives of Atlanta or some Housewives show, but can't name their home team's WNBA team or 3 WNBA players :lol:

Yes, it's all jokes, but there's some truth behind it 🤷‍♂️

It's really not that deep. Women need to support the women first and foremost. If they're not at the games, they can't expect the men to show up and support them either.

:lol:

I'm not trying to start any argument, it was just a segment from the latest Bill Burr stand up that stood out to me and kinda makes some sense.
He also said something about how these "feminists" can probably name all the Kardashians or Housewives of Atlanta or some Housewives show, but can't name their home team's WNBA team or 3 WNBA players :lol:

Comedians are really good at having insight, even if a lot of the time it's an oversimplification or later they have to walk it back. I'm not trying to continue an argument so we'll leave it there.

I'm still debating whether or not to get the 'nightmare' pair since these have kind of fizzled performance-wise and I haven't seen anybody saying this is their go-to shoe now. Probably wouldn't do that if there weren't a bunch of other options available now, and stuff like the Luka 1, Freak 4s and GT Cut 2s right around the corner.

But that initial look had me hyped, and I should probably still try a pair. Crazy part is, my 14s have been at the bottom of my rotation after those early weeks where I was using them almost exclusively.

I'm gonna tell you the beauty of comedy. It's the funniest when it's the truth.

I've had this conversation about the WNBA numerous times in the past so when I saw Burr say it I just nodded my head.

And it's not an argument, just a discussion. The WNBA has to figure out how to attract. Specifically attract fans from women's college basketball to the WNBA.

There's great support for women's college basketball, but that support disappears in nice those players got to the WNBA.

The WNBA has to figure out how to bridge that gap.

The world is neither fair nor equal - the sooner you accept that, the happier you will be.
When women sports generate the same revenue as men, they will receive the same reward. When they ***** about inequality, I cannot take their argument seriously because no one cares about women’s athletics - no hate, just facts.

The world is neither fair nor equal - the sooner you accept that, the happier you will be.
When women sports generate the same revenue as men, they will receive the same reward. When they ***** about inequality, I cannot take their argument seriously because no one cares about women’s athletics - no hate, just facts.

1659231511129.gif

That wasn't the tone of our conversation.

I like the wnba but it always seems their games scheduled at the exact same time of a bigger event. Wnba finals timeframe is right in the middle of MLB postseason. Opening week of the Nba either week of or week directly after and Nfl is still in the make or break 1st month… guaranteeing any weekend wnba finals games will be dunked on and any week day finals game can get dunked on too… too much stuff that’s more popular going on… They should put it to where their regular season is coming to a close (last 10games) just after the nba finals That way their post season is just beginning in that period when nothing is on tv…Guarantee theyd win a lot of fans

Pain was definitely a part of some shoes back in the 2000s lol. Shox limitless had this really strange pain that was super common, it took a few weeks to break in and then they were good to go. I remember 2k3’s used to make peoples feet bleed until they broke in smh. On the ankles where the hard part would rub.

Maaaan.. the Limitless was my first pair of Nike ID. That shoe was a MONSTER performer.

Maaaan.. the Limitless was my first pair of Nike ID. That shoe was a MONSTER performer.

A lot of shoes back in the day were good performers for their time. I balled almost exclusively in nike shox (cause of VC) without many issues (rolled my ankle maybe twice total)... then stopped when the kobe 4 came out.

I still have an old pair of VC shox that I wore years on the court and they still feel amazing on my feet cause they're broken in so well

I like the wnba but it always seems their games scheduled at the exact same time of a bigger event. Wnba finals timeframe is right in the middle of MLB postseason. Opening week of the Nba either week of or week directly after and Nfl is still in the make or break 1st month… guaranteeing any weekend wnba finals games will be dunked on and any week day finals game can get dunked on too… too much stuff that’s more popular going on… They should put it to where their regular season is coming to a close (last 10games) just after the nba finals That way their post season is just beginning in that period when nothing is on tv…Guarantee theyd win a lot of fans

People actually willingly watch baseball?

For me the Ultraflights were extremely painful out the box back in the day, but after they broke in they were phenomenal. I wish they’d retro those
Bam! Yes. That’s another one from the same era that I forgot about.

The era right before that one I don’t remember hooping in shoes with a painful break in period. Specifically the shoes I played in and LOVEd were the Penny 4 and KG 3. I was about 14 or so then. Back in the Kicksology days

I think the limitless, 2k3, and ultra flights were a few years later, I was closer to 18ish

Had a much better experience hooping in these today. I have to tighten all the laces hard but thankfully the plastic wings haven’t given me any pain. I also have to double knot but that seems to help most of the heel slippage I was getting. Excited to continue wearing these and hopefully break them in further and enjoy because these look way better than the 14s and really anything Nike basketball has out right now

Back
Top Bottom