Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I bought the Elite pair in my usual 10.5 and played in them for around 3 hours. That tighter fit just didn't work for me, my feet hurt the majority of the time and during breaks the pain subsided. Once back on my feet the shoes were good but soon started to hurt again.

They'll be going back to get a size 11.

Picked up the pink dust the other day. Will post pics tomorrow. First basketball shoe I've bought since lebron 11s/kd 6s

Been 3 days since my messed up pair arrived at Nike, hope they okay my claim and send a voucher still. Wonder how long it'll take.

Anyways, I was curious since right now I'm looking for a replacement for the KDs in my basketball rotation, will definitely buy another pair if I can get it cheap but I was wondering if anyone here have had the LeBron XIs and if they could compare the cushion setups. Bought the XIs because of that crazy cushion, and also gonna try to put the insoles from them into the Kobe XIs that I've been using currently and see if they play well, it is full length zoom + luneron, any thoughts?

kobe824 kobe824 I personally never liked playing in the Bron 11s, although that had more to do with the toe box than the cushioning. Toe box just KILLS the pinky toes.

As far as comparing the KDs and Brons... IMO the 2 cushioning setups are pretty much complete opposites. The Brons setup is more responsive and firm as opposed to the softer zoom in the KDs. Brons are higher off the ground, the lunar+zoom inserts are pretty thick. In fact, tbh I never really felt the zoom much in the Brons due to the lunar being so thick. Heel-to-toe transition is much better in the KDs, but the Brons are more stable when moving laterally.

Idk, guess it depends on how you play and what your preferences are. I prefer the KDs setup myself, but I've never been a huge fan of the drop-in lunar.

kobe824 kobe824 I personally never liked playing in the Bron 11s, although that had more to do with the toe box than the cushioning. Toe box just KILLS the pinky toes.

As far as comparing the KDs and Brons... IMO the 2 cushioning setups are pretty much complete opposites. The Brons setup is more responsive and firm as opposed to the softer zoom in the KDs. Brons are higher off the ground, the lunar+zoom inserts are pretty thick. In fact, tbh I never really felt the zoom much in the Brons due to the lunar being so thick. Heel-to-toe transition is much better in the KDs, but the Brons are more stable when moving laterally.

Idk, guess it depends on how you play and what your preferences are. I prefer the KDs setup myself, but I've never been a huge fan of the drop-in lunar.
I've been trying new setups lately to ball in and see what I like the most (which is definitely the full length zoom articulated in the KDs so far) and have been curious about the Bron XIs since so many people talk about how mushy and great the cushion is on them. Bought my pair for like $40 on eBay so it's no biggie if I don't like it but I thought based from a lot of research I've read, the cushion is almost like double the zoom in a lunar sole. Gonna be fun when I get them in :D

Saw the elites today. The thin ankle area isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I like them but I'm gonna wait for sale like most of us will.
You were able to try them on? Was it comfortable at least? What seems like the lack of padding in the ankle area keeps me from buying it.

Saw the elites today. The thin ankle area isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I like them but I'm gonna wait for sale like most of us will.
You were able to try them on? Was it comfortable at least? What seems like the lack of padding in the ankle area keeps me from buying it.

I didn't try them on.
I did check them out tho. The "flimsy" part actually has some padding up to maybe 3/8" or so from the top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom