Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the elites would be lit if they didn't have the ankle material and were just low cuts.
The thin ankle material just doesn't look right IMO.

This shoe is so fire looking to me, and they got the price right. They got the tech right too with the better FK. Nike is just gonna give up if these don't sell (they won't), I feel like that's why the HD 2017 looks like it does. They tried with the 2016 and no one cared lol.

This shoe is so fire looking to me, and they got the price right. They got the tech right too with the better FK. Nike is just gonna give up if these don't sell (they won't), I feel like that's why the HD 2017 looks like it does. They tried with the 2016 and no one cared lol.

I feel bad because I love the hd 16 but I haven't purchased any yet because I know I should be able to get them for cheap.
Maybe I'll have to load up on them.

I feel bad because I love the hd 16 but I haven't purchased any yet because I know I should be able to get them for cheap.

If you don't have a wide foot they're incredible. The mesh lows too.

If you don't have a wide foot they're incredible. The mesh lows too.

Thanks man. I'm eyeing the flyknit version but I should grab mesh since they are cheaper.

Lol facts. I tried the flyknit hyperdunks and yeah I agree they tried but didn't quit get it right. It was priced at $200 I believe when all the sig models were less, so I think that really hurt. Shouldve been 150 tops for the flyknits. The other issue is they fit weird, at least for me. Actually similar to the KDs, tts was too long, I went down .5 and they're pretty narrow. I played a few times in em but have moved on to other models. Feel bad they're collecting dust after like 5 runs in em

Pink dusts are interesting.... i prefer the flywires to blend in more vs standing out, i think theyd look better if the flywire was the same color as the upper

They're probably just trying a last ditch effort to build hype... They did the same with the Hyperdunk Flyknit at first, slapping the NikeLab name in front on social media, though they were in the regular box and everything. (Maybe it also saves shipping costs since they only need to ship a few to tier 0 accounts)

Last edited:
I said I was going to cop the BHMs.. and i'll say it again.  I want to cop the elites.

For some reason I just can't bring myself to cop and ball in them.  They feel great on the feet, but I feel the sole is too 'square' and doesn't allow for natural lateral movements i.e. Kyrie 3.  The sole on that seems rounded to absorb vicious lateral cuts lol.

Maybe i'll just get a pair on the cheap...

I said I was going to cop the BHMs.. and i'll say it again.  I want to cop the elites.

For some reason I just can't bring myself to cop and ball in them.  They feel great on the feet, but I feel the sole is too 'square' and doesn't allow for natural lateral movements i.e. Kyrie 3.  The sole on that seems rounded to absorb vicious lateral cuts lol.

Maybe i'll just get a pair on the cheap...

I find the KD 9s are very good for going north to south. Going east to west I find the zoom gets a little unstable. An outrigger and some minor zoom redesign would help a lot. I really like the aesthetics of the 9, but they just aren't for me and playing style on the court. They are great shootaround and casual shoe though for me.

I think the elites would be lit if they didn't have the ankle material and were just low cuts.
The thin ankle material just doesn't look right IMO.
This. Someone posted a picture and they just don't work well with pants, at all. Plus it just seems like the material is so thin that it would just get sweaty and dirty too quickly.

I find the KD 9s are very good for going north to south. Going east to west I find the zoom gets a little unstable. An outrigger and some minor zoom redesign would help a lot. I really like the aesthetics of the 9, but they just aren't for me and playing style on the court. They are great shootaround and casual shoe though for me.
I haven't tried these yet, but I think that applies to so many shoes out there. XX9's are a great example of a shoe I love to run in full court, but dislike for 3 on 3 or half court sets.

Then there are shoes that work great for half court, like the CP3 VI for me with that super wide base, that I detested for running up and down.

To me the best shoes are those that work well for anything.  A recent example would be the Adidas CLB 2016.  Feels so natural underfoot regardless of the type of movement.

Don't subscribe to this specifically full court/half court kick theory. If it can ball then it can ball.

Don't get me wrong, I'll throw on the 29's for anything, but to me where they really shine is in full court transition.

Just my preference.  I don't think I'm saying anything ground breaking here.  If I know I'll only be playing half court or full court, it influences which shoe I'm taking in my gym bag.

Back
Top Bottom