NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Probably gonna be a zoom strobel like the KDs.

1606615009543.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind if it was zoom...Top loaded zoom has always been great anyway...If it’s a standard air strobel then it just seems to bottom out too fast for me...

Of course they could cheap out on us and put an air strobel and then just add a zoom pad.

Not too many people gonna be hoopin in these anyway considering how hard they will be to get, prices will be sky high. I want the tech too but for casual wear I’m good with whatever

Air strobel with no zoom for $180 ain’t it. How could they call that a performance upgrade with a straight face?

Yes, it's speculation. But I think the last time there was speculation about a cushioning change in a Protro model, it ended up being true.

Honestly, I can see Nike making these really limited given that they were really limited in the first place. I wish that wasn't the case but I'm fully prepared to catch Ls all over the place and then see how the resale market looks.

Hey y’all I got the grinches in this morning. I’m just gonna say a couple of things just in case people ask. 1. They feel like the originals (although I’m no expert on tech they put in them). 2. They fit tts unless you wear Nike thick elite socks you may want to go up .5 for narrowing in the toe. 3. Whether it’s zoom still with or air strobel they feel good instantly on feet. 4. 6 is still the king even in protro form . 5. I did not put on red sweats for pictures I have them on because it’s my favorite color lol.

Attachments

• CE25976E-CFB6-47DC-B450-2A80CC13D783.jpeg
    CE25976E-CFB6-47DC-B450-2A80CC13D783.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 139
  • E34B8943-9283-4707-B0F9-39E87AA00DE6.jpeg
    E34B8943-9283-4707-B0F9-39E87AA00DE6.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 26AA4DAC-6779-49D7-8C3D-FD339F7BFA9B.jpeg
    26AA4DAC-6779-49D7-8C3D-FD339F7BFA9B.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 201
  • F76011D0-3D7E-4C9C-9E2A-46BB71040685.jpeg
    F76011D0-3D7E-4C9C-9E2A-46BB71040685.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 473
Hey y’all I got the grinches in this morning. I’m just gonna say a couple of things just in case people ask. 1. They feel like the originals (although I’m no expert on tech they put in them). 2. They fit tts unless you wear Nike thick elite socks you may want to go up .5 for narrowing in the toe. 3. Whether it’s zoom still with or air strobel they feel good instantly on feet. 4. 6 is still the king even in protro form . 5. I did not put on red sweats for pictures I have them on because it’s my favorite color lol.

Thanks for the review bro! You can check if it's air or zoom strobel by taking out the insole, maybe even just lifting it up to take a look. If it feels/looks like there is a zoom unit right there, then that is zoom strobel which would be amazing.

Did you go TTS in protro 5's or protro 4's?

I don’t know how to do multi replies so I’ll say it here guys. I didn’t not want to lift my insole up to check because they’re literally glued to the shoe and I don’t want to pull it up excessively (sorry) the original insole is easier to take out. I’m not sure what air strobel is exactly but the protro has more bouncy feel to it then the OG. I compared DS ogs to this and the protro has clearly more bounce. As you guys may know the 4,5 protro were kinda snug I went with my original size and had to wear thinner socks because of tightening. These fit more like original 6s out the box. They feel tts I was just saying go up .5 if you wear thicker elite socks(I never wear them) just in case for toe room.

ultimatecam ultimatecam Dope pick up :pimp:

can you post a comparison pic to an OG 6? Maybe it’s my imagination but the midsole on the outside protro looks extra thicc

ultimatecam ultimatecam Dope pick up :pimp:

can you post a comparison pic to an OG 6? Maybe it’s my imagination but the midsole on the outside protro looks extra thicc
I couldn’t grab a ds pair because those are in the back where my wife works from home (she’s tired of me coming back there) so I had to grab the grass cutter casual joints. They’re the same size these 6s have been beaten down so they’re slightly smaller. The ds look I took earlier of the ogs look exactly the same. These do have more bounce then my ds og 6s.

Attachments

• 7EC54030-57A6-4D21-8604-F12D79942D1C.jpeg
    7EC54030-57A6-4D21-8604-F12D79942D1C.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 426
I don't have a question about the Grinch's I just wanna know how much they were lol. Resale prices are stupid.

my original 6s were $130 and the protro tag says $180 even for the grinch pair.
No I meant how much did he pay on stockx. I have the og's.
I paid $440 plus fees. I hope y’all get Christmas miracles. I know what the 5s was like on all SNKRS releases. I know the grinches will be worse. I rather paid this then be mad on Christmas Eve. Paying $440 for almost a month early I’m good. I intend do that for all the pairs I really want.

my original 6s were $130 and the protro tag says $180 even for the grinch pair.

I paid $440 plus fees. I hope y’all get Christmas miracles. I know what the 5s was like on all SNKRS releases. I know the grinches will be worse. I rather paid this then be mad on Christmas Eve. Paying $440 for almost a month early I’m good. I intend do that for all the pairs I really want.

That's not a bad price, definitely worth it getting early. I don't think they'll be like the V's where they drop to $300 or below.

Well it definitely appears to be 12-24 for the release date. It's showing up on a lot of different secondary release calendars.
From what I can tell, they're only releasing on SNKRS so far. If that's the case, gonna be nigh impossible to get.
In the past you could count on people traveling and being with family and what not, but everybody's just gonna be sitting around on Christmas Eve.
Good luck everybody.

Edit: house of heat has them releasing at footsites and fnl

Last edited:
I don’t know how to do multi replies so I’ll say it here guys. I didn’t not want to lift my insole up to check because they’re literally glued to the shoe and I don’t want to pull it up excessively (sorry) the original insole is easier to take out. I’m not sure what air strobel is exactly but the protro has more bouncy feel to it then the OG. I compared DS ogs to this and the protro has clearly more bounce. As you guys may know the 4,5 protro were kinda snug I went with my original size and had to wear thinner socks because of tightening. These fit more like original 6s out the box. They feel tts I was just saying go up .5 if you wear thicker elite socks(I never wear them) just in case for toe room.

So tts is the way to go on these? The Protro 4 tts feels fine, it’s only the 5 that I had to half sz up. Way too constricting.

Last edited:
I just hope NDC has a sz 12.5 loaded. Had to return protro 5's as the 12 was too tight and didnt even bother with a 13

So tts is the way to go on these? The Protro 4 tts feels fine, it’s only the 5 that I had to half sz up. Way too constricting.
Go with your normal size on these unless you wear thick thick socks. TTS though I slid my foot right in without barely undoing the shoe strings much

I couldn’t grab a ds pair because those are in the back where my wife works from home (she’s tired of me coming back there) so I had to grab the grass cutter casual joints. They’re the same size these 6s have been beaten down so they’re slightly smaller. The ds look I took earlier of the ogs look exactly the same. These do have more bounce then my ds og 6s.
So, the mold to your feet insole is gone now, 'eh?

Back
Top Bottom