NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Nike can if pushed release the shoes without kobe branding its been done b4 with former sig athletes it would be sad if it ends up that way but theyd still make a lot of money.

Nike were idiots for making every release after his death damn near impossible to hit on . Like why wouldn’t you produce a million plus pairs of grinch’s ? You had this lady catching flack on social media from people pissed they couldn’t get a pair at retail .

Grinch 6..... if I wear an 11.5 in the python 8..... can I wear an 11 in the Grinch 6.... I dont have fat feet, cancles, etc.

If she’s a voice for the ppl good for her standing up for us ... lol you can still pay resale go check on StockX & Goat those shoes waiting for you still 😂
Lol i just bought 4 pairs after the news

but resell as in $100-200 extra. Grinches are going to be 1-2k now

Business is business fellas nike owns logos nicknames the designs everything but Kobes name and signature Vanessa sadly wont make anything from this decision.

Kobes shoes sell off of his legacy and him wearing/winning in them nostalgia without any attachment future new products will bomb.

The branding is just Kobes signature right? Iirc the uptempo logo is Nike's? If that's true that's not too bad - adidas' tmac retros with no logo were way worse.
But anyway really surprised by this - the protros popped off because they did 4s and 5s which were like all time best models. We can see the 6s cooled off a lot once they ramped up production numbers. Of the remaining models, 8s and 9s will sell, but all the other lines will sit. I can see how Nike wouldn't pay crazy money for a renewal.
As for Vanessa - starting a new brand when he's gone... That's gonna be a tough sell. There'd be no history, memories, nostalgia. Just marketing.

I'm just catching up on this...

Wow to say the least. I hoped his brand would be around like Jordan's.

Like some have said, thre is no way I'm buying another brands shoes. And if they did protros without the Kobe sig, no way I purchase.

This is a VERY sad day. I regret getting rid of some of his kicks I had before he retired. Figured he would be around for a while...I was wrong.

Well, this blows for all Kobe fans. Nike should have given Kobe a lifetime contract years ago but it was clear they knew he was retiring in the near future and always pushed other signature lines before his. The last few years of Kobes were so weakly marketed, the storytelling and showmanship was totally gone. Do you guys remember how impossible it was to find a Kobe t-shirt or merchandise of any kind? Slim pickings. It was like they were winding down the line even though the performance and quality were still the best. Between this and the scandal of the Nike VP Ann Hebert's son having a reselling business...it's just too much ********. I'm completely done with Nike. They stopped giving a **** about any customers a long time ago. We're all just walking dollar signs to them.

The branding is just Kobes signature right? Iirc the uptempo logo is Nike's? If that's true that's not too bad - adidas' tmac retros with no logo were way worse.
But anyway really surprised by this - the protros popped off because they did 4s and 5s which were like all time best models. We can see the 6s cooled off a lot once they ramped up production numbers. Of the remaining models, 8s and 9s will sell, but all the other lines will sit. I can see how Nike wouldn't pay crazy money for a renewal.
As for Vanessa - starting a new brand when he's gone... That's gonna be a tough sell. There'd be no history, memories, nostalgia. Just marketing.
Nah 6s "cooled" off because the only release after the Grinches, the All stars, weren't highly sought after due to no big hype around them. The all stars actually didnt have nearly the same production numbers the grinches had

Looks like whatever is scheduled to release this year will still release and that's it.

So the protro 6's will be the last of the line...smh

1. I don’t see Vanessa and the estate starting a new brand. Without Kobe’s input and ability to influence and make decisions, it would probably flop. It’s highly unlikely Kobe had everything laid out before his passing so decisions would have to be made without him. SneakerNews made a point that adidas only has a few retros to pull from and selling new units likely won’t do well. So adidas seems to be closest long shot. Ain’t nobody buying Puma Kobe’s.

2. Nike flopped by making it about money and business models instead of the consumer. Their concern for keeping the shoes limited after his passing was disgusting. Vanessa shouldn’t have even had to make that statement about asking Nike to release more pairs.

3. Nike BETTER make things right. Whatever Vanessa wants. I’m glad she’s for the people and getting pairs into everyone’s hands.

for now, we can only hope that Nike makes things right.

Yeah man I hear you .. these ppl raising the prices like that suck ... I got lucky & won those grinches for my son.. on the last raffle .. it’s crazy to think that could possibly be the last release

Can we start a go fund me for Nike/VB to stay with Nike?!?

but all seriousness hope they work something out.

Kobe with anyone else but Nike/Adidas (the occasional Rebok and Jordan) is mad weird. Especially if they are coming out with new shoes.

I'm glad I got Grinches when I did. They just jumped $50 :lol:

If I don't get Kay Yow's and OC's I'm going to be pissed

Back
Top Bottom