NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I just don’t see Nike moving forward with the marketing of a deceased athlete.

29F50C00-3FD3-44A7-AE9E-23EE94CF8910.jpeg

Really wanted some prelude 8s and 1s but now I don’t know if I’ll get a pair without being hit over the head

Kobe’s usually don’t hold their value.

back then if you play the waiting game(especially if you’re a size 8 )you should be able to score pairs for decent resale price.

I think resale is gonna dip. But we’re definitely in uncharted waters right now tho...so who knows.

Kobe’s usually don’t hold their value.

back then if you play the waiting game(especially if you’re a size 8 )you should be able to score pairs for decent resale price.

I think resale is gonna dip. But we’re definitely in uncharted waters right now tho...so who knows.

true. 2016-2017 i copped every GR Kobe * system DS for about 50-60.00 above OG retail price. I sold them all for more than what I paid. I do wish I kept them but due to my own vices, I was in a financial bind post my break up and needed quick cash.

Last edited:
Im a size 8-8.5 range and been watching the Bruce les
Pair for a min. It’s almost at $400 now.. should’ve pulled the trigger when it was at $260 smh

I didn’t because it was slowly dropping all the way until that Nike announcement

Dudes in here saying that you weren't true fans if you didn't grab every cw shoe before he passed? C'mon man. Pretty sure we're not all millionaires in here or Nike athletes who can afford to do that. I bought a white authentic on disco from FTL for 120 well before he passed. Had every model from Kobe 5-AD. While I don't need every cw, I enjoyed buying his shoes, shirts, and jerseys when I could. I used every pair on the court and pretty much all from 5-AD (not including protros) have been worn tf down and have no grip or have come apart.

If you can afford to scoop something cheaper down the road, I'm all for it. None of us expected for him to pass so suddenly or even that the Nike deal would expire. Had we all known, I would've bought the kobe shoes I consider "Grails" like the ftb 11 and wtk 8.

It will be interesting to see some of the NBA players (bigger names on Nikes roster) weigh in on things provided no contract extension happens. Guys like Derozen and Ja Morant (of late) who have pushed Kobe’s in the media especially. There are many others who wear only Kobe’s. AD has been alternating Kobe’s with cosmic unity so his transition to a new sneaker may not be too much of a big deal.

JS”

I think as far as on court since it's so close to the end of season we probably won't see any change for now.

Next year Ja will probably go back to wearing Kyries, DeRozan and Booker maybe the GT series, AD and any other big man will use the Cosmic Unity or whatever newer model they're pushing.

I think as far as on court since it's so close to the end of season we probably won't see any change for now.

Next year Ja will probably go back to wearing Kyries, DeRozan and Booker maybe the GT series, AD and any other big man will use the Cosmic Unity or whatever newer model they're pushing.

I agree.

JS”

You know, if not for the tragic death of Kobe and his beautiful daughter, I would have loved to see if Kobe would have made his exit from Nike after the contract ended. Only Vanessa knows this for sure if he indeed were planning on leaving the swoosh, but I wonder if all of these people claiming to be a fan of his, would have continued to have done so if he did leave Nike to start his own brand?

I have a funny feeling that many here would have taken very a different position on all of this, if the tragedy did not occur. I do not trust the loyalty that I am reading here on NikeTalk.

You know, if not for the tragic death of Kobe and his beautiful daughter, I would have loved to see if Kobe would have made his exit from Nike after the contract ended. Only Vanessa knows this for sure if he indeed were planning on leaving the swoosh, but I wonder if all of these people claiming to be a fan of his, would have continued to have done so if he did leave Nike to start his own brand?

I have a funny feeling that many here would have taken very a different position on all of this, if the tragedy did not occur. I do not trust the loyalty that I am reading here on NikeTalk.
For me.... I've been Nike+Kobe since the Zoom Kobe 1s. During those times Kobes for me were strictly for hooping purposes. Black/white zoom 1s, orca strength zoom 2s, skipped 3s and then gold medal 4s and every model(numbered) since. If he was still around I def wouldve dabbled into what he was trying to create.... but with him gone... that same def is not the feeling. But apparel I'm all in!

Back
Top Bottom