NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Salty that it seems OCs are scrapped

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to own them one day...

1619284730634.gif

Nike is a joke. I'm not loyal to that bull**** corporate machine that lets Ann Hebert and her sons backdoor pairs so the rich can get richer. I'm just done with the brand, the sneaker game is absolutely stupid and Nike is largely at fault for enabling all the greed. Any comfy Adidas models to recommend?

Bought another pair of POP protros last night on GOAT but the seller won’t even confirm the order. This is crazy man

So glad I grabbed the following Kobe 6 in the last year:
Italian Camos
ASG Red OG
East LA
All in OG box and worn 1-2x max.

Nike is a joke. I'm not loyal to that bull**** corporate machine that lets Ann Hebert and her sons backdoor pairs so the rich can get richer. I'm just done with the brand, the sneaker game is absolutely stupid and Nike is largely at fault for enabling all the greed. Any comfy Adidas models to recommend?
Yeah Nike dropped the ball big time on the Grinches. Should have been a million pairs released. Instead they make them limited and resellers gobbled them all up.

I'm really fed up with Nike. 3/4 Lebronwatch pairs this year have been utter trash when they could be releasing some really sick pairs. Nike continually gives its loyal customers the middle finger regularly now.

I
Bought another pair of POP protros last night on GOAT but the seller won’t even confirm the order. This is crazy man
I had a dude on Goat cancel a pair of OC 6s on me. Shortly after kobe died a seller listed my size for $250, I'm assuming not knowing Kobes spiked in price, and then realized it and canceled my order. I'm sick of all this bs. So many pairs are now bought strictly to resell. Nike won't do anything about it bc they are selling the shoes. If they release a lot more pairs, they run the risk of inventory sitting. It's all a big stupid game from top to bottom.

Yeah Nike dropped the ball big time on the Grinches. Should have been a million pairs released. Instead they make them limited and resellers gobbled them all up.

I'm really fed up with Nike. 3/4 Lebronwatch pairs this year have been utter trash when they could be releasing some really sick pairs. Nike continually gives its loyal customers the middle finger regularly now.
I actually feel Grinches weren't limited. We just in a world now as we know... most want them to resell. I again look at how many was on resell apps/sites. Along with them being available for instore purchase through FL reservation. Grinches were everywhere... but so were the resellers. Now the Allstars... those def didnt get high production numbers like the Derozen 5s, tucker's, etc

I

I had a dude on Goat cancel a pair of OC 6s on me. Shortly after kobe died a seller listed my size for $250, I'm assuming not knowing Kobes spiked in price, and then realized it and canceled my order. I'm sick of all this bs. So many pairs are now bought strictly to resell. Nike won't do anything about it bc they are selling the shoes. If they release a lot more pairs, they run the risk of inventory sitting. It's all a big stupid game from top to bottom.

risk of inventory sitting is easily eliminated by a built to order system. returns (unlikely) can still go back to the outlets for a great profit.

I actually feel Grinches weren't limited. We just in a world now as we know... most want them to resell. I again look at how many was on resell apps/sites. Along with them being available for instore purchase through FL reservation. Grinches were everywhere... but so were the resellers. Now the Allstars... those def didnt get high production numbers like the Derozen 5s, tucker's, etc
They were limited. I live in Australia now and the ONLY vendor that got them was nike.com.au in very limited numbers. Now, I get Australia won't get tons of inventory like the US, but if a shoe doesn't show up in every or damn near every brick and mortar store, to me, it's limited. Given the fact that the Grinch 6 is Kobe's most popular shoe of his career to the masses, that shoe should have been released in numbers that anyone who wanted a pair was able to score them with ease. It should have been treated like the 2019 Playoff XI. Nike plays games though. Heck, after Kobe passed they should have released plenty of pairs of all protros even if it meant that they had pairs sitting, just to honor the damn guy.

I ordered those del sol 6’s last night while extremely inebriated. And I don’t even regret it. Affirm ftw. I’ll pay them off with eBay monies in due time.

whats affirm? Like a app that helps you get sneakers easier? Like you got them but don’t have to pay til later?

They were limited. I live in Australia now and the ONLY vendor that got them was nike.com.au in very limited numbers. Now, I get Australia won't get tons of inventory like the US, but if a shoe doesn't show up in every or damn near every brick and mortar store, to me, it's limited. Given the fact that the Grinch 6 is Kobe's most popular shoe of his career to the masses, that shoe should have been released in numbers that anyone who wanted a pair was able to score them with ease. It should have been treated like the 2019 Playoff XI. Nike plays games though. Heck, after Kobe passed they should have released plenty of pairs of all protros even if it meant that they had pairs sitting, just to honor the damn guy.
Limited in regards to Kobe releases. We all know Nike ain't putting out air force one or Jordan holiday edition numbers for Kobes. The grinches I feel were the largest release numbers wise for the whole year or maybe the Chaos 5s. When was the last Kobe kicks you saw at a brick and mortar store out there for you guys, cuz in NYC I cant even remember. Also guys for everyone reading.... Covid is/was a factor of releases as the factories didnt produce 100% of the sneakers in general not only Kobes.

whats affirm? Like a app that helps you get sneakers easier? Like you got them but don’t have to pay til later?

Pretty much. They offer 0% interest on some purchases which is cool too. I rather use that than my credit cards in those situations.

I got 6 months to pay them off. I’ll likely pay it off in full within a month. I rarely buy sneakers like that anymore. But I usually go that route with the 0% interest on the occasions I do.

0% for 6 months is approved on good credit. If you don’t pay off the full balance within 6 months then interest is added from the beginning balance AND the interest rate is sky high
I get why people would do this. Hell, I did my wife's wedding band on 0% interest for a year even though I had the cash to front. But for people who don't have 0% on affirm, just shooting yourself in the foot with that sky high interest rate paying resell for shoes.

I get why people would do this. Hell, I did my wife's wedding band on 0% interest for a year even though I had the cash to front. But for people who don't have 0% on affirm, just shooting yourself in the foot with that sky high interest rate paying resell for shoes.

Yeah. I wouldn’t do it if they were charging interest. I only use sites like that if it’s on my terms and beneficial to me. If I’m going to get hit with interest, I rather just pay with credit and pay it off in full before the monthly statement comes.

I used klarna (no interest and make 4 biweekly payments) to get my tickets for game 6 of the World Series last year, just because I didn’t want to spend that type of bread and take the entire hit right away. Was well worth it aside from all the bread I spent on booze and food at the ballpark lmao.

to this day i still use PayPal credit because it’s the same thing. I would buy one or two or three pairs of shoes a month and pay them off within 6 months. Then the next month or two i would buy another pair or two of shoes and get another 6 months for those. That rolling balance is hella nice but not something i would recommend lol

Back
Top Bottom