NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

People feel powerless when they lose someone close to them unexpectantly. Couldn't save them or bring them back. Sometimes you redirect that frustration and energy into something you think you can control....attempting to keep them relevant and alive in the minds of people by trying to control their legacy.

Some of the decisions she makes could seem questionable because those decisions are from the heart, and not from a business perspective.

She just bought Kobe’s sister a Tesla. Shouldn’t Kobe’s estate (basically her) have taken care of that family without the glamour of Instagram?

I don’t think she’s of sound mind (understandably) and is making decisions on emotion. And based on this, us fans, who contribute to her bank account will get screwed in the end because of these snap decisions. I don’t think she thinks things thru whatsoever.

The whole Tesla incident posted yesterday feels weird. “Hey here’s a Tesla because I love you, but you ain’t getting any of Kobe’s money and neither are the parents”

yeah that’s crazy how she and her side of thefamily are gonna forever reap the rewards whereas Pam and Joe won’t get nothing. They’re not in the poor house out there in Vegas but damn that’s still his parents. I don’t expect her to give them half but damn.

pam and Joe didn’t attend the HOF ceremony either smh.

9051DD0C-9E47-4199-BF64-EF236B1314B0.jpeg

Full article

It’s interesting to me to see where companies decide to draw the line.

On one hand it seems the Mambacitas weren’t supposed to release. On the other hand that UK company “accidentally” shipped them to POP raffle winners or whatever… so the people paid for them, I don’t really see a problem with people selling for something that they paid for.

The shoes aren’t stolen.

My opinion does not stand in opposition to Kobe’s wife being upset about all of this. We don’t know the whole story but it sounds like, according to her at least, she doesn’t even have pairs which seems a bit foul. I dunno.

At this point it’s like what are you really going to do? Nobody is going to send the shoes back…

I hate stock x but I don’t see how they’d be “wrong” for keeping the listings up on their site. It’s not like there’s hundreds of pairs floating around.

She just bought Kobe’s sister a Tesla. Shouldn’t Kobe’s estate (basically her) have taken care of that family without the glamour of Instagram?

I don’t think she’s of sound mind (understandably) and is making decisions on emotion. And based on this, us fans, who contribute to her bank account will get screwed in the end because of these snap decisions. I don’t think she thinks things thru whatsoever.

The whole Tesla incident posted yesterday feels weird. “Hey here’s a Tesla because I love you, but you ain’t getting any of Kobe’s money and neither are the parents”
💯

Two points from me. 1) She lost me when she made that long post about wanting to get product to Kobe’s fans but then price those hoodies and pants at an outrageous price for the avg fan/person. 2) if she or anyone else think any Kobe shoe would be as popular without the Nike engine y’all crazy. Only Kobe that would move numbers are the ones with swoosh.
💯

Yea the IG post was fishy... like why post it for sympathy?
💯

Never went to college...so I might not be as 'corporate' business savvy as some on here.

I've come to realize Nike probably never gave squat about how many #s of Kobes sold (and probably all signatures in general). I think it's always been about brand recognition, like a sponsor on football (soccer) jerseys. Nike has their 'swoosh' on all baseball jerseys this year (more brand recognition)...doubt they're really trying to peddle more baseball jerseys.

Kobes have been worn by so many pro and college players that it's like every televised (and attended live) game amounted to commercial time with the 'swoosh' omnipresent.

They're about moving 'Pegs' and 'Air Max'...and products like Kobes are really billboards to sell the swoosh.

Thats the Number 1 headline on ESPN.com on a Friday night in June? 🙈 NBA playoffs and MLB season is on too

“Nike was not available for comment when contacted by ESPN for an official statement. Contacted for further comment, Vanessa Bryant was unavailable, busy celebrating her daughter Natalia's high school graduation this weekend.”

Attachments

• C2BC6E55-F97A-4908-854D-C7A8479E7656.jpeg
    C2BC6E55-F97A-4908-854D-C7A8479E7656.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 3E30C1A9-DA47-4608-8915-099FBEE3B75B.png
    3E30C1A9-DA47-4608-8915-099FBEE3B75B.png
    811.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thats the Number 1 headline on ESPN.com on a Friday night in June? 🙈 NBA playoffs and MLB season is on too

“Nike was not available for comment when contacted by ESPN for an official statement. Contacted for further comment, Vanessa Bryant was unavailable, busy celebrating her daughter Natalia's high school graduation this weekend.”

I saw that too right before i came on NT. Funny how espn picked up the story 2-3 days later than the initial story/post/outrage

I saw that too right before i came on NT. Funny how espn picked up the story 2-3 days later than the initial story/post/outrage
The writer Nick DePaula (Fellow NT member) knew the story right away. But he is probably trying to be careful and gather all the facts before publishing it and taking a side. He doesnt want to ruin his connections with Nike.

Lol Nick DePaula you reading this thread?

You just changed the headline to a more neutral tone now. From “V Bryant faults Nike over leaked Mambacita shoe” to “Inside V Bryant’s dispute with Nike over shoe release”

Attachments

• 1D033466-1125-4C17-8D55-B8D77154237C.jpeg
    1D033466-1125-4C17-8D55-B8D77154237C.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 343
  • A4434801-DBF3-47BE-A954-85132BA93789.jpeg
    A4434801-DBF3-47BE-A954-85132BA93789.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 347
The relationship between Kobe and his parents did go the wrong way when his parents sold off items that he gifted them, do I remember that correctly?
During the HoF speech she also mentioned that she had invited them, which was weird. It seems like she wants to get approval by publicizing internal things, which are none of our business. The Tesla IG post is an example for that.
Everyone in this thread knows how difficult family can be, but after such a tragedy there should at least be an attempt to set differences aside.
Sadly social media has turned many people on the wrong path, it is all show and shine and no more reality.

Do y’all think Nike did this on purpose? It wouldn’t surprise me… it’s gotta have Venessa thinking about this Nike contract way more now

this story is getting posted everywhere! Everybody is talking about this lol

Nike is like “sign that dotted line and we will send the tribute 6s for you and all your celebrity fans”🤣🤣🤣

yes, I was smoking a huge joint when I thought about this lol

This is NIKE. Always has been. It’s just that the internet puts it under a microscope. This is what we have supported and enabled this whole time. If you can’t swallow that then stop buying the product. You’ll sleep better.

Do y’all think Nike did this on purpose? It wouldn’t surprise me… it’s gotta have Venessa thinking about this Nike contract way more now

this story is getting posted everywhere! Everybody is talking about this lol

Nike is like “sign that dotted line and we will send the tribute 6s for you and all your celebrity fans”🤣🤣🤣

yes, I was smoking a huge joint when I thought about this lol
Lol..... too early bro. Said by one who doesnt smoke

Back
Top Bottom