NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

This is NIKE. Always has been. It’s just that the internet puts it under a microscope. This is what we have supported and enabled this whole time. If you can’t swallow that then stop buying the product. You’ll sleep better.

i hear you, but for some of us (like myself), the product is necessary to life. it's more of a need than a want.

i'm just playin obviously but on the real.. kobe's are the best for me and my game and it sucks that i can't get them for retail to use them as intended. saying "stop buying the product" .. cool but now i gotta find a suitable replacement for the court

Did Vanessa buy any of her family members a Tesla or did they get something more brand name?

asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Y’all literally spend the last day or two attacking this man wife over a shoe she designed for her loved ones who died that aren’t supposed to release. Where are you guys moral or character? It’s disgusting men in here bashing a woman. Should be ashamed of themselves! Move on!

Y’all literally spend the last day or two attacking this man wife over a shoe she designed for her loved ones who died that aren’t supposed to release. Where are you guys moral or character? It’s disgusting men in here bashing a woman. Should be ashamed of themselves! Move on!
Fellas are in their feelings as they are expressing she is in hers..... ironic right lol. One of the many traits of being human lol

Last edited:

Vanessa is upset because she didn't get shoes from Nike for free while at the same time consumers have BEEN upset because we can't get shoes from Nike for retail.

Consumers are told to shut up because it's "business" and Vanessa is allowed to talk about her feelings?

Why? Because she's the wife of a legend? Nope. Not when consumers are the ones that padded Kobe/Nike's bank account for over a decade.

ADF75502-2FBE-4E82-8B86-C903AEDC81A8.gif

BF918607-F48E-438E-9111-16CDBE0E5A14.gif

Last edited:
She seems more upset that Nike produced and somehow released a model that wasn’t approved by the Bryant estate. The fact that she doesn’t own a pair sounds like insult to injury.

But at end of day I honestly don’t care all that much about any of this.

Vanessa is upset because she didn't get shoes from Nike for free while at the same time consumers have BEEN upset because we can't get shoes from Nike for retail.

Consumers are told to shut up because it's "business" and Vanessa is allowed to talk about her feelings?

Why? Because she's the wife of a legend? Nope. Not when consumers are the ones that padded Kobe/Nike's bank account for over a decade.
💯💯💯

Bunch of soft grown men in here

So let me get this right...

Grown men are "soft" because they don't get all hot and bothered about how a woman, who lost her husband and daughter in a horrific accident mind you, aren't as upset as you are and aren't crying because they may not get some shoes and are not upset that she is playing Hard ball with a company who really did a poor job releaseing these shoes to the consumers?

Yeah that makes total sense.

Carry on...

So let me get this right...

Grown men are "soft" because they don't get all hot and bothered about how a woman, who lost her husband and daughter in a horrific accident mind you, aren't as upset as you are and aren't crying because they may not get some shoes and are not upset that she is playing Hard ball with a company who really did a poor job releaseing these shoes to the consumers?

Yeah that makes total sense.

Carry on...

Here’s my 2¢….i think many of us in this thread are debating differing & various points when we quote a post.

example: are we saying/implying a woman, or realistically anyone, shouldn’t be in mourning after losing a loved one? NO! that’s ludicrous. She has every right to mourn and moan and all that stuff. I think many of us would agree that she should do it more privately instead of blasting things on the internet for everyone to comment and inject an unnecessary opinion on but hey, it is what it is.

example: are we saying vanessa is a crybaby because she didn’t get her way and she’s trying to strongarm Nike into giving her free stuff while putting business relations on public display? Absolutely! She was mainly out of the spotlight when Kobe was alive but she has decided to take a more “active” role in certain things and i don’t think she’s doing it the correct way. IMO she is using her voice and platform in a negative way and yes I do believe it’s because shes a woman. Like someone posted earlier, she is running off emotion of losing loved ones (which is totally fine and acceptable) but her thought process should change when dealing with the business world and corporate america.

example: Nike is at fault. What is Nike at fault for? They designed shoes with design input from kobes estate (vanessa). They produced them as agreed in kobes contract. Apparently nike shipped them to a retailer as they do ALL other products which in turn the third-party inadvertently shipped to the consumer. Where is the fault on nike here?

There are many other examples i can point out recently in this thread but those are the 3 biggest underlying themes right now IMO.

all of us should know by now, every major retail company produces products 3-6-8 months in advance of its release date. Nike is/was under no obligation to give vanessa a heads up if/when they wanted to release this particular product because it was designed, confirmed, and produced BEFORE kobes contract expired.

Last edited:
Here’s my 2¢….i think many of us in this thread are debating differing & various points when we quote a post.

example: are we saying/implying a woman, or realistically anyone, shouldn’t be in mourning after losing a loved one? NO! that’s ludicrous. She has every right to mourn and moan and all that stuff. I think many of us would agree that she should do it more privately instead of blasting things on the internet for everyone to comment and inject an unnecessary opinion on but hey, it is what it is.

example: are we saying vanessa is a crybaby because she didn’t get her way and she’s trying to strongarm Nike into giving her free stuff while putting business relations on public display? Absolutely! She was mainly out of the spotlight when Kobe was alive but she has decided to take a more “active” role in certain things and i don’t think she’s doing it the correct way. IMO she is using her voice and platform in a negative way and yes I do believe it’s because shes a woman. Like someone posted earlier, she is running off emotion of losing loved ones (which is totally fine and acceptable) but her thought process should change when dealing with the business world and corporate america.

example: Nike is at fault. What is Nike at fault for? They designed shoes with design input from kobes estate (vanessa). They produced them as agreed in kobes contract. Apparently nike shipped them to a retailer as they do ALL other products which in turn the third-party inadvertently shipped to the consumer. Where is the fault on nike here?

There are many other examples i can point out recently in this thread but those are the 3 biggest underlying themes right now IMO.

all of us should know by now, every major retail company produces products 3-6-8 months in advance of its release date. Nike is/was under no obligation to give vanessa a heads up if/when they wanted to release this particular product because it was designed, confirmed, and produced BEFORE kobes contract expired.

1st example fine.

2nd example. Cry baby...why? Because she is left in charge of the estate and wants things handled in a certain way?

She can act anyway she wants too...it's HER estate. Not yours not mine.

3rd example. I didn't blame Nike for how they handled this release. They have handled all of the releases poorly. So no issue there.

My problem is this: some of the posters in here have insulted her. Claimed she is stupid and a cry baby. Thing is...none of us have a SINGLE idea of what happened during the negotiations. None. Yet some of you have just gone in on this woman who has dealt with a lot since Kobe has passed.

Yes she was in the background before...pretty simple to know why she was in the background. Kobe and his team were handling that business.

Kobe is gone. And I'm not going in on the woman he married for how SHE decides to handle business. Especially when I don't have all of the information to make a judgment on how she is choosing to handle her business.

They are just shoes at the end of the day. Yes I would love for the contract to be renewed. Yes I love to see this designed released. Yes it is NOT nikes fault that these ended up in certain people's hands. I truly understand that...

But insulting a woman you don't know and have never met is trash. People have even gone as far as to talk about her education level...

You don't see how that's immature?

Certain folks only give a damn about one thing...and that's shoes. They will insult people they don't know, make foolish assumptions about things they are only seeing from the outside.

That's trash to me bro. And if you are cool with that, it is what it is.

But it's funny that some of yall idolized Kobe, but now slander his wife because of the way she is choosing to handle her business....

Last edited:
tupac003 tupac003 I’m witcha as far as ppl unnecessarily insulting a woman they dont know and I’m witcha as far as we not having all the facts or information.

maybe the term crybaby was unnecessary as well but my general point being her handling of business affairs with corporate america thru social media is not going to get her anywhere.

As we all know, nike really doesn’t care about its customer per se. It cares about profit. With that said, when i worked in retail kobes line was hit n miss at the stores near me (models 4-7). The apparel didn’t sell well and obviously some cws did better than others. So using my experience, it wouldn’t make sense for nike to increase production especially during the pandemic timeframe as everything was up in the air and rapidly changing. If cws dont sell, nike has to (or chooses to) buy them back from retailers and those wind up @ outlets. Why take that chance at a “loss” when they can produce less and have a better “throughput”? Not sure if this term is still used but it judges or grades how release date shoes sell within a specific timeframe usually day 1, days 1-3, or 1-7.

and i respect your opinion on the other comments.

anyways I’ll quick blabbering. Let’s get back to the shoes. Those PJs were nice tonight

SolesNGoals99 SolesNGoals99 you and some others may feel that her going to social media isn't going get her anywhere, but that clearly doesn't matter to her.

And honestly with an expired contract, doesn't seem like they are gonna come to an agreement anytime soon. Rumor was Kobe was unhappy prior to his death and that could be why she is handling business in this matter. I don't know.

I hope that we are able to get whatever 2 colorways that were supposed to he releasing and I hope that everyone in this thread that wants those 2 colorways can get them for retail or close to it.

I also hope people stop slandering this woman because they are unhappy that they won't get more shoes.

And to be clear I have no issue with you. But there are folks who have been very immature in this thread. I'm married with kids so I just see things a bit different then some in this thread.

I hope we can get back to just discussing the kicks that are coming and leave Vanessa out of it.

Back
Top Bottom