NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

So…. I copped grinches in January… and then I found another pair (deadstock) for a really good price and grabbed them too. Maybe time to chill for a bit lol

A7943207-0EFE-451E-82A0-FEE7AED14F2F.jpeg
39EBB46E-62F1-401A-AF6C-C325C3B2F215.jpeg

So…. I copped grinches in January… and then I found another pair (deadstock) for a really good price and grabbed them too. Maybe time to chill for a bit lol

Homie at this game we played tonight had fake grinches on, I was crynin :rofl:

What are you paying as a “really good price?” I can’t find anything DS in my size for less than $1,000

6s are my fav Kobe by far but I never loved the preludes. I’d rank em towards the middle as far as colorway/aesthetics.

Preludes series was a cool concept. Every release was an L for me though 😔. Paid resale for the 5s and never even wore em cuz I paid too much and didn’t want to UnDS. Eventually sold them smh. Now my philosophy has changed and everything goes to feet.

5s were my fav preludes easily, followed by 4s.

1675540503382.jpeg

I have the 1s, 3s and 5s. Need the 4s and 6s and I can retire forreal forreal.

Playing in my pair today after work. Can't wait.

Nike can keep their Kobe's this weirdo cat and mouse game tired.

Exactly this. Kobes are by far my favorite hoop shoes but the way Nike has handled things since his tragic passing makes me want to look for other options. Re-sale prices are beyond ridiculous and I'm just tired of the artificial limited supply and all the shenanigans that go with it. It's like teasing a hungry dog on a leash who just don't get to eat. At some point I just feel silly that I'm allowing myself to get caught up in this 'game' of theirs. To get this kind of response as loyal fans and paying customers just don't sit right with me.

I feel Nike's tactics may very well backfire in the long run. People are now looking at other brands and alternatives.... and understandably so. Even though I've never condoned fakes in the past, my 'black-white' stance on this subject is no longer as it was. I'm beginning understand why the rep market is booming, especially for Kobes. Fakes are no longer what they were and are getting way better in terms of looks, feel and performance. Some pairs are pretty much 1:1 and can only be differentiated upon close inspection. For the average Joe, or dare I even say the average Kobe fan, paying retail on a rep pair, almost identical to the real thing, may be the only option to play in a pair of affordable 'Kobes' and I won't judge no one for choosing to do so under the current circumstances.

Do better Nike. Show some luv and respect to the millions of Kobe fans worldwide. We have been patiently waiting and we are hungry. Let us eat...

Last edited:
Exactly this. Kobes are by far my favorite hoop shoes but the way Nike has handled things since his tragic passing makes me want to look for other options. Re-sale prices are beyond ridiculous and I'm just tired of the artificial limited supply and all the shenanigans that go with it. It's like teasing a hungry dog on a leash who just don't get to eat. At some point I just feel silly that I'm allowing myself to get caught up in this 'game' of theirs. To get this kind of response as loyal fans and paying customers just don't sit right with me.

I feel Nike's tactics may very well backfire in the long run. People are now looking at other brands and alternatives.... and understandably so. Even though I've never condoned fakes in the past, my 'black-white' stance on this subject is no longer as it was. I'm beginning understand why the rep market is booming, especially for Kobes. Fakes are no longer what they were and are getting way better in terms of looks, feel and performance. Some pairs are pretty much 1:1 and can only be differentiated upon close inspection. For the average Joe, or dare I even say the average Kobe fan, paying retail on a rep pair, almost identical to the real thing, may be the only option to play in a pair of affordable 'Kobes' and I won't judge no one for choosing to do so under the current circumstances.

Do better Nike. Show some luv and respect to the millions of Kobe fans worldwide. We have been patiently waiting and we are hungry. Let us eat...
As I just watched this....

Back
Top Bottom