NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Half size up for the grinches? Gonna bite the bullet and pay resell tomorrow, 450AUD. I'm usually a retail or pass but I just can't miss out on this release like the OG ones.

edit: just found a great sizing post. thanks my man.

450aud?!? Where?

I agree with most, 7's were my least favorite out of the Kobe 5-8. They just felt really clunky and heavy. Personally, I really like the 8 minus the tongue. I do a lot of driving and moving around so I loved how lightweight it was, but that tongue just cut into my ankle too much. 5's and 6's were great. Had the best game of my life in my lightbulb 6's scoring 30 points. I'll probably try and scoop a del sol 6 for playing in. My carpe diem 4's are just about done as far as traction goes and then I'll be playing in 5 rings soon.

They weren't fairly easy? I hit 10 pairs, nine from FLX stores. When I went to pick them up, employees were flipping through four of five pages of names to find mine. That's close to 200 pairs per store if there's 40 names per page. Few hit on YS but it looks like plenty hit on on the adidas app. Either way, supply was enough to drop the resale prices of the 2017 release from $800-$900 to $350-
$400. Those Yeezys also have way more universal appeal than Grinches so way more people wanted them.

you must’ve had a really good Christmas. I entered 6+ raffles, was on websites the morning of, and STILL couldn’t secure a pair. So easy the bred yeezy was not. Maybe for some. Not so much for others

I just got my grinches in and I totally understand the hype around them lol. I wish I was heavy into Kobe’s (and working) when they originally dropped because I literally can’t even say anything negative about them. I also understand the undying support for the Kobe 6 model as a whole. I need All stars, Orange County’s and Chaos pair yesterday.

they bottomed out, but I had the ASG 8's and the Supernatural 8's (not the Elites) and those had zoom which IMO felt better

Grinch X iDs should be here by Friday and Grinch 6s should be delivered next week. I'm looking forward to receiving them both!

On a side note, for 2021, I started to keep track of my sneaker expenses and documenting the costs. This is my first time doing this... I actually started on 12/20/2020... here's what I've logged so far. :blush::smh:

Report.png

Last edited:
Grinch X iDs should be here by Friday and Grinch 6s should be delivered next week. I'm looking forward to receiving them both!

On a side note, for 2021, I started to keep track of my sneaker expenses and documenting the costs. This is my first time doing this... I actually started on 12/20/2020... here's what I've logged so far. :blush::smh:

Report.png
What are the Mf soles?

i dont understand whats the hype with the kobe 8 performance wise by all of you , they feel kinda weird on feet with that lunar sole , for me the best performance kobe was the 6 followed by the 7 elite , i still have the black/gold 7 elite that was superb for hooping ( the regular 7 was bad for hooping i totally agree)
Lunarlon is actually really comfy especially if you add a zoom unit. I replaced my lebron 11 soles into my ASG kobe 9s and they're my favorite shoe to ball in.

Kobe 9s are my favorite kobe silhouette ever. Balled in them too and loved how they felt. Actually balled more in Kobe 9 and 10 highs than anything else. The flyknit and high cut is perfect to me
Yea I love my 9 Strategys. It was a nice added option from my 8 IDs I used

Report.png
I did the same thing as well last year, but stopped during March, just could not look at the figures that I spent and decided to grow up 😂

I keep track of my purchases on an excel spreadsheet as well. It was totally stupid just for 2021 since I was trying to go back and cop some of the previous releases I really wanted, but missed out on (i.e., track red and yellow ochre 1). Think I was just shy of 30 pairs for 2021 and a good handful were for resell like the chunky dunky, yeezy black static reflective, bruce lee, alt bruce lee, and various other 1's.

Man everyone in here talking about 5s, 6s and 8s, but my favorite Kobe to ball in was the 3. If they can protro and upgrade the traction,
game over.
Hands down one in the top 3 Kobe’s I hooped in and was the first of Kobe’s line. If they would of protro it I would of doubled on every colorway

Melbourne.

Footlocker and Culture Kings haven't released theirs yet, it might bring the price down when they do, I'll get another pair if they go below 400AUD.

Do you know when they're dropping in Melbourne? Currently here in quarantine, so hoping it's after I get released so I have a shot!

Back
Top Bottom