NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

The info surrounding future releasing is terrible. Not a single word after the Mambacitas. It's just like they signed the contract just to release those and have gone right back into the dark!

They going back and increasing the number of pairs that were scheduled to be released :nthat:

....... right? :emoji_confounded:

The info surrounding future releasing is terrible. Not a single word after the Mambacitas. It's just like they signed the contract just to release those and have gone right back into the dark!

I'd chill on that. The Mambacitas were already produced and ready to drop while the contract was literally agreed upon just 4 months ago. It takes 18 months to produce a shoe for the masses so it's probable they're just trying to plan out the next set of releases before that's announced or leaked to the public.

If Kobes are produced in higher #s again...it's going to become apparent that a lot of people moved on.

In the case of Jordans, Madden...and 'Yeezys'...the product took on an identity of its own, almost independent of the product's namesake. Kobes are not in the category.

Rolex, LV, etc...those products have an air of exclusivity....and aren't accessible to everyone. Thing is...they are also 'high-quality'...the best materials and craftsmanship. They even get passed down thru generations. I don't think Kobes are in that category either.

IMO...this line needed to stay relevant, and that could have been accomplished by parents (who themselves are Kobe fans) buying these for their kids (and themselves). Nike may have whiffed on both of those.

A few of my VIs. Still looking for Del Sol, ASG, and think pinks
0ADEA01A-0531-446F-83E5-4F9A1CC1DD43.jpeg
All super-dope colorways, but if I could only choose one, it would be the 'Rice' VI's. An absolutely beautifully executed pair of shoes :pimp:

Haven’t heard any thimg of higher numbers but they definitely want to do something big just unsure of how and when they want to release the rest of the pairs.

translation - they still debating whether to release rn or wait til august 24th like in 2020. also debating how to fight bots via raffles or exclusive access or LA only or whatever. probably also debating whether to skip the 7s and go to the 8s lol

translation - they still debating whether to release rn or wait til august 24th like in 2020. also debating how to fight bots via raffles or exclusive access or LA only or whatever. probably also debating whether to skip the 7s and go to the 8s lol
Not just the 6’s they are waiting on.

Nike will probably do something on Kobe's bday.

nike's really at a win-win situation right now.

the more Nike gets lazy and make people wait = the more hype.

Man lay off the 7s seriously. 7s better then a ton of other current signature models now and old even without the protro. The shoe is knocked “let down” because it looked great but performance wasnt 4,5,6, so now we bash it. 7 is a good shoe and I do hoop in them. Honestly its probably the best looking Kobe out of his line. They should make some changes but it don’t deserve the bashing it gets

Man lay off the 7s seriously. 7s better then a ton of other current signature models now and old even without the protro. The shoe is knocked “let down” because it looked great but performance wasnt 4,5,6, so now we bash it. 7 is a good shoe and I do hoop in them. Honestly its probably the best looking Kobe out of his line. They should make some changes but it don’t deserve the bashing it gets
We were “bashing” it then too :lol: It’s not a new thing.

it’s definitely not top 5 looks wise personally. 4/5/6/8 and 1’s all are better IMO. It’s a performance basketball shoe, if wasn’t/isn’t performing to standards when they dropped, its a let down especially because the 4-6 were ALL TIME-ERs

Personally i was saying that out of all the kobe models if you had to choose 1 to get protro’d (like the 1’s were and what we THOUGHT the 4’s were supposed to be) it should be them.

I just looked up some of the reviews for when they dropped… The most common things are that upper was stiff and took forever to break in, The different midsoles were giving people blisters and also took forever to break in (A lot of people said that they would have wish they didn’t do two different ones and just did one or the other.

We were “bashing” it then too :lol: It’s not a new thing.

it’s definitely not top 5 looks wise personally. 4/5/6/8 and 1’s all are better IMO. It’s a performance basketball shoe, if wasn’t/isn’t performing to standards when they dropped, its a let down especially because the 4-6 were ALL TIME-ERs

Personally i was saying that out of all the kobe models if you had to choose 1 to get protro’d (like the 1’s were and what we THOUGHT the 4’s were supposed to be) it should be them.

I just looked up some of the reviews for when they dropped… The most common things are that upper was stiff and took forever to break in, The different midsoles were giving people blisters and also took forever to break in (A lot of people said that they would have wish they didn’t do two different ones and just did one or the other.
The 7s were just like any other sneaker that needed time to break in(hooping purposes)... prob a little more but still like others. If you wanted to circumvent that... there was a solution.... go .5 size up which I did. Going .5 size up on kicks for casual purposes can feel weird as the sneaker feels bigger but for hooping... you running around and jumping... that weirdness is not even felt. All in all.. I do like my 7s... haven't played in a pair of strongs yet... def would like to try them

Imma be honest...Kobe 5-8 d*** near the same shoe to me.

That's not a knock either, I like how they progressed.

Back
Top Bottom