NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I hate that "Nike did it again"

Did what exactly? Stopped being cheap?

Actual basketball players have been asking Nike to stop being a bunch of cheap ****s and give us properly cushioned shoes for years. No one ever asked for cheap foam that is useless after a few weeks, we always made it known that we wanted zoom based performance basketball shoes. Instead over the years they gave us useless foam with dime sized zoom bags because "the player wants a shoe that is 0.0002 ounces lighter so he can move FAST!"

So now Nike actually pivots because sales are down across the board/people are trying other brands that are giving properly cushioned shoes and gives us zoom and they're being praised for it?

Nah, won't be from me.
Cancel culture....not a fan.

Given the way Nike has been taking customers for granted, and also how they turned the Kobe line into a complete sh*tshow...

I could definitely get behind a mass canceling of the swoosh.

Eh feels New Balance is already lowkey dying.
I think what’s different from 2015-16 is Nike was actually *** back then while adidas was killing it. Nike had the audacity to put out $180 Kobe 10s with fuse uppers, other shoes with stick of gum zoom units in hard-as-rock foam, and translucent outsoles that worked inconsistently.
Nowadays, aside from Kobe line supply issues, the Nike models you can get are all pretty solid.

I haven’t posted in here in forever. And it’s occurred to me that Nike’s horrendous handling of this line has made me stop even caring or thirsting for Kobes. And I say that as a massive Kobe and Kobe shoe fan. It helps that I still have a fair number of pairs for sure. And if a pair eventually comes back that I want, I’m sure I’ll try to get it. But after all this time without being able to get anything, it doesn’t seem to matter as much to me anymore.
And that’s a shame, really. Way to go, Nike :stoneface:

I haven’t posted in here in forever. And it’s occurred to me that Nike’s horrendous handling of this line has made me stop even caring or thirsting for Kobes. And I say that as a massive Kobe and Kobe shoe fan. It helps that I still have a fair number of pairs for sure. And if a pair eventually comes back that I want, I’m sure I’ll try to get it. But after all this time without being able to get anything, it doesn’t seem to matter as much to me anymore.
And that’s a shame, really. Way to go, Nike :stoneface:
Yep that's why some people don't even mind reps anymore. And the reps are so good that I wouldn't even buy for resale because I would prob get a rep pair for all I know.

This popped up on my ig. Looks like a couple tiny sizes for sale lol. Made me wonder if these are the stock from 2016…. I googled them and yeah nothing else out there, besides Goat… so I guess it’s from 2016. Wonder if they’re just like the 6?

For those that don’t know these were supposedly a volleyball shoe

This popped up on my ig. Looks like a couple tiny sizes for sale lol. Made me wonder if these are the stock from 2016…. I googled them and yeah nothing else out there, besides Goat… so I guess it’s from 2016. Wonder if they’re just like the 6?

For those that don’t know these were supposedly a volleyball shoe
They did this to a few bball models, most notably the Hyperdunk series. The 2017 HD lows became the Hyperset and the 2011s(?) became the Hyperspike (pic below)
IMG_2048.jpeg

Daughter played volleyball until freshman year in HS. Caught off guard with these because they came out a few years later.

They did this to a few bball models, most notably the Hyperdunk series. The 2017 HD lows became the Hyperset and the 2011s(?) became the Hyperspike (pic below)
IMG_2048.jpeg

Daughter played volleyball until freshman year in HS. Caught off guard with these because they came out a few years later.
Nice 🔥
Interestingly the Kyrie infinity is easily the most common shoe with girls volleyball this year. Kyries always were common but for some reason the Infinity took over

Nice 🔥
Interestingly the Kyrie infinity is easily the most common shoe with girls volleyball this year. Kyries always were common but for some reason the Infinity took over
Word probably got out at the camps and travel clubs. Supposedly it’s the Infinity, KD 15s and Lebron XXs that are among the most popular. I have yet to see one JB product on the courts either.

Word probably got out at the camps and travel clubs. Supposedly it’s the Infinity, KD 15s and Lebron XXs that are among the most popular. I have yet to see one JB product on the courts either.
My girls currently are in travel seasons and I can’t remember seeing any kd15s, definitely no Lebrons. Most teams have several infinities though. I think half of our team is in em.

Nice 🔥
They’re so plush and light everyone likes em. Nike stupid for takin em off NDC

(I ain’t backing up what Kyrie said or did but his shoes were a best seller)

Back
Top Bottom