Nike Kyrie 5

Beautiful shoe!
...once you learn how to get them on :rofl:

AE2AFA8A-A48E-4F0C-9CCB-E875DB7589BA.jpeg
Put the laces through the flytrap and you good to go bro lol

I just bought the 4s to hoop in and if I don’t lace them tight enough my foot will slide to the front a little, but if I lace them tight they’ll hurt my foot where the knot is made. Anyone have this issue with the 5s?

SO IS There anybody whining understands why they do it? Because I don’t. There were the most incredible p.es for the 3 and 4 that would be sell outs and then they put simple boring colors out and they go on sale. Nike is a business with obviously great money making strategies. Why would they do that

Nike doing their thing again where they max out a signature sneaker’s potential on the PE’s and release regular ish to the public. They’ve done it Kobe’s, Lebron’s and now Kyrie’s smh.

Agreed. Having a tough time understanding the logic. Sure it creates buzz for the model and player but then the consumer doesn’t have the opportunity to purchase it. Rather the consumer is stuck with fairly basic colorways. I get the majority of buyers aren’t wanting something as “out there and colorful” as some of the PE but at least give everyone a chance even if they are fairly limited (crazy to say). I know I’m not going to buy a sneaker just as a consolation bc the colorway I really want never releases. Hence the reason I’ve passed on other sneaker models.

JS”

Back in the 90s penny wore the same color ways that the general public wore even Michael jordan. Nike gotta stop playing and release the same colorways as the player is wearing.

But of course they will probably make the money back from when they retro in like 10 years or so.

I bet it’s a “long term goal” thinking for Nike. Minimal colorways for Initial drops, and retro the P.e’s and the initial “OG” colorway(s) that had success.

To take it a step further, we complain about not being able to get PEs, but our opinion on kicks differs greatly from that of the general public. We might dig that Neon Blends PE that Kyrie wore last night, but the 95% of the world who aren't on NT and own closets full of sneakers just want a plain colorway like the Black Magic. And going back to my original point about always wanting something that no one else can have, if we were to flip the PEs with the GRs, this board would still be whining anyways. "Oh, why can't we have a simple colorway like the Black Magics, and instead, Nike sticks us with Neon Blends?". "Why can't we get the Tacos with the orange? Real duck camo has orange in it, not Volt. Wish we got those orange Tacos!".

To take it a step further, we complain about not being able to get PEs, but our opinion on kicks differs greatly from that of the general public. We might dig that Neon Blends PE that Kyrie wore last night, but the 95% of the world who aren't on NT and own closets full of sneakers just want a plain colorway like the Black Magic. And going back to my original point about always wanting something that no one else can have, if we were to flip the PEs with the GRs, this board would still be whining anyways. "Oh, why can't we have a simple colorway like the Black Magics, and instead, Nike sticks us with Neon Blends?". "Why can't we get the Tacos with the orange? Real duck camo has orange in it, not Volt. Wish we got those orange Tacos!".

I get players wanting exclusives and they can certainly have their stable but every now and then for the sneaker junkies like us, we should be able to have a shot at them. I’m not saying release every PE and every strawberry kiwi galaxy colorway out there, but we should have a chance if we want them every so often. As I stated originally, I get the majority of consumers will go for the black and white or basic simple colorways. Nothing wrong with that and I truly get that business approach. Those types of colorways should be a general release but I still believe for the ones that want something out of the box we should have a chance. Also I’m with you on the whining attitude of some. It’s impossible to please everyone. Heck if they released the PE in limited numbers some would be mad that they’re limited bc they missed them. No perfect solution. That being said I do think there’s a better method to satisfy a wider customer base. Maybe a voting option midway through the season to see which PE colorways should be released. Just my 2 pennies on it.

JS”

I'm guessing kyrie doesn't get royalties because if he did I think he'd share his pes and sell the most pairs possible. Dude wears each gr for one game

Back
Top Bottom