Nike Kyrie 7

This is full of nonsense. If you actually read, Kyrie has been in contact with the Nets & team. Sean Marks confirmed that.

Kyrie doesn’t have a criminal record, hasn’t had any scandals, and is a hell of a basketball player. Nike not letting him go no time soon.

It’s only since end of day yesterday that Kyrie reached out to the organization. It’s been well chronicled since the beginning he’s been absent and non communicative . Been reading about it since the beginning. Lol.

In any event, Kyrie has gotten himself in precarious situation after precarious situation over YEARS. After a certain point the optics of it just catch up. No questioning his talent. But it’s the headache that goes with it...

JS”

It’s only since end of day yesterday that Kyrie reached out to the organization. It’s been well chronicled since the beginning he’s been absent and non communicative . Been reading about it since the beginning. Lol.

In any event, Kyrie has gotten himself in precarious situation after precarious situation over YEARS. After a certain point the optics of it just catch up. No questioning his talent. But it’s the headache that goes with it...

JS”
Kyrie has been speaking with the organization for at least a week. Steve Nash said as much last weekend.

I get that Kyrie isn't your cup of tea, but he has made it well known that he values certain things greater then basketball. The Nets knew what he was about. They did all the homework and then some. Everyone knew he was going to sign there for months. They were cautioned over and over again.

Poor Nets.

Nike with that slick damage control. Move the date back on the rayguns and have Travis Scott do a hype post.
These did release here in london uk 2nd jan and got em on my discount.

As for kyrie lol everyones already said most if not all about it. Let's see what happens

JS”

Not true. Again go read. Precarious situations, lol.

I agree that based on what has been reported that Kyrie hasn’t been the most professional guy but at the same time it’s not like he’s been in trouble with the law or anything like that. Nike has stuck with other athletes who’ve done or been accused of a lot worse. Money talks and at the end of the day Kyrie and Nike basketball seem to have a good thing going...sig line, low line, hybrid line, budget line. Only other hoop athlete that seems to get the same amount of love from swoosh is Lebron.

I get why the question was posed, I just think something more egregious would have to happen for him to be dropped thats all.

I agree that based on what has been reported that Kyrie hasn’t been the most professional guy but at the same time it’s not like he’s been in trouble with the law or anything like that. Nike has stuck with other athletes who’ve done or been accused of a lot worse. Money talks and at the end of the day Kyrie and Nike basketball seem to have a good thing going...sig line, low line, hybrid line, budget line. Only other hoop athlete that seems to get the same amount of love from swoosh is Lebron.

I get why the question was posed, I just think something more egregious would have to happen for him to be dropped thats all.

Appreciate your response. It’s unfortunate others can’t be as objective. Kyrie can hoop-Flat out. I’ve said it for years, his finishing at the rim is unmatched in the league. It’s just unfortunate that sometimes his behavior and words cast him in a bad light. As a public figure, actions and speech are highlighted and scrutinized, even at times, to an unfair degree. Kyrie has just compounded the scrutiny unfortunately. But I can totally see what you said about the money aspect. Plus his sneaker is well represented by a lot of players in the league.

JS”

Appreciate your response. It’s unfortunate others can’t be as objective. Kyrie can hoop-Flat out. I’ve said it for years, his finishing at the rim is unmatched in the league. It’s just unfortunate that sometimes his behavior and words cast him in a bad light. As a public figure, actions and speech are highlighted and scrutinized, even at times, to an unfair degree. Kyrie has just compounded the scrutiny unfortunately. But I can totally see what you said about the money aspect. Plus his sneaker is well represented by a lot of players in the league.

JS”
All good brother. We should be able to have actual discussions on a discussion board lol

Finished the Jokers, and I’m pretty damn impressed! Pics coming once they dry.

76DDBF08-EEDA-4691-835E-1E898918B049.jpeg

JS”
You were not being objective. I wasn't either.

You kept incorrectly stating he had not been in contact with the Nets. You were corrected.

illustrayt illustrayt Those are just awesome.

I've come up with a few renders, but each of them falls just a bit short of your design. For instance, I thought for sure I'd want to do the clover green on the heel against the purple. But the volt just pops more. Same with the tongue logo. The darker green just seems to get hidden against the purple. The wolf grey midsole looks better than white. The metallic support blades to mimic his switchblade.

Very interested to hear how you did your swoosh. And I'd love to see your take on an Arthur Fleck joker design.

:emoji_pray:

Last edited:
illustrayt illustrayt Those are just awesome.

I've come up with a few renders, but each of them falls just a bit short of your design. For instance, I thought for sure I'd want to do the clover green on the heel against the purple. But the volt just pops more. Same with the tongue logo. The darker green just seems to get hidden against the purple. The wolf grey midsole looks better than white. The metallic support blades to mimic his switchblade.

Very interested to hear how you did your swoosh. And I'd love to see your take on an Arthur Fleck joker design.

:emoji_pray:

Much appreciated, Sir!

You actually had the same thought processes that I had while I was playing with the various options for this specific design! I adopted the idea to go with the Volt accents from the Kobe Chaos cws, and it looked so much better in the renderings than going with the Clover on the Purple heel and tongue. And, yes, the silver “blades” draw inspiration from Joker’s switchblade! Good eye!

I was pretty nervous about executing the Swoosh. If I messed up, there goes my $130.XX lol!

Fortunately, it resulted to how I had envisioned the concept. The process that I went through was definitely not what I thought I was going to do or how. I thought I’d simply dip my finger in the paint and just streak around the Swoosh like my FRK-3413s.

However, it was just dabbing the paint with the side of my pinky finger around the outside perimeter of the Swoosh. It really helped that Swoosh is basically a raised guide! Once I finished going around, I’d just fill in the empty mesh holes with a small brush. The way the paint applied to the circular mesh on the upper made it look just like the eye black/make-up on Heath Ledger’s face with the wrinkles and lines, which was PERFECT!

I’ll post up another shot in natural lighting. I thought the vanity image that I posted really fit the mood and inspiration of the design.

I’d love to design an Arthur Fleck version, but the color options are off. :/

Last edited:
You were not being objective. I wasn't either.

You kept incorrectly stating he had not been in contact with the Nets. You were corrected.

Ive been objective from the beginning. I’ve clearly highlighted some of kyrie’s positives. But he hasn’t handled things well. So this can be deaded, it would be best if you followed your own words, and “read” about the situation. This has been reported about and printed since January 7 so look back. But to make it easy:

From The Athletic, “Before Thursday's game, Nets coach Steve Nash said he did not know why Irving was out, and that he reached out to him and did not hear back.”

NY Post:
“Shortly BEFORE tipoff, Nets coach Steve Nash said he had no clue what those reasons were.

Nor did he know afterward, amid reports Irving was upset over Wednesday’s events in Washington and another report, from The Heavy, cited a source close to Irving saying the point guard’s reasoning for not playing was “I just didn’t want to play.”

While Nash admitted after the game that he still hadn’t communicated directly with Irving, he did say he wouldn’t characterize the situation that way.

Ian Bagley:
As SNY's Ian Begley noted, if Irving doesn't want the reason for his absence to get out, then the Nets will keep it internal. Still, the team could have dispelled any notion of friction by publicly supporting him and approving his communication.

Nash added that he didn't have a timeline for Irving's return. He said, "I'm sure you'll hear from him at some point."

Yahoo Sports, NBC Sports, etc all reporting the same. These are words coming from the head coaches mouth. Hate that you can’t have a discussion without a persons feelings for a guy getting all tied up. Back to the kicks....

JS”

Last edited:
Ive been objective from the beginning. I’ve clearly highlighted some of kyrie’s positives. But he hasn’t handled things well. So this can be deaded, it would be best if you followed your own words, and “read” about the situation. This has been reported about and printed since January 7 so look back. But to make it easy:

From The Athletic, “Before Thursday's game, Nets coach Steve Nash said he did not know why Irving was out, and that he reached out to him and did not hear back.”

NY Post:
“Shortly BEFORE tipoff, Nets coach Steve Nash said he had no clue what those reasons were.

Nor did he know afterward, amid reports Irving was upset over Wednesday’s events in Washington and another report, from The Heavy, cited a source close to Irving saying the point guard’s reasoning for not playing was “I just didn’t want to play.”

While Nash admitted after the game that he still hadn’t communicated directly with Irving, he did say he wouldn’t characterize the situation that way.

Ian Bagley:
As SNY's Ian Begley noted, if Irving doesn't want the reason for his absence to get out, then the Nets will keep it internal. Still, the team could have dispelled any notion of friction by publicly supporting him and approving his communication.

Nash added that he didn't have a timeline for Irving's return. He said, "I'm sure you'll hear from him at some point."

Yahoo Sports, NBC Sports, etc all reporting the same. These are words coming from the head coaches mouth. Hate that you can’t have a discussion without a persons feelings for a guy getting all tied up. Back to the kicks....

JS”
This past friday (Jan 15th) You said he had just communicated with the franchise for the first time. That isn't true. I'm not going to waste my time with articles. It's already been proven incorrect. Either you dispute the accuracy of those reports or you are ignoring them. It doesn't matter if he rebuffed Nash's initial phone call or not. He spoke with them before January 14th. You can post these articles in whatever sequence you want. I didn't read much of the reply after you said you believed you were objective. It isn't worth it.

After wearing these for about 2 weeks, they’re great. The zoom really starts to bounce after broken in. The firm heal makes it ok with standard weight lifting and stuff if need be. I like the looks of the 6’s a lot more but there are just as good performance wise. Other than the top of the upper rubbing your ankle without high socks these are great

For anyone curious, beyond a half size up for these. They’re snug and don’t really give

Back
Top Bottom