Nike Kyrie Infinity

i'm on the fence here because we all know nike has totally crapped the bed with the basketball line in recent years. they need new direction desperately and fast. the decision making in just the last few years alone is inexcusable.

but also, this is kyrie.. i could see it that nike presented him with some options but he was being difficult and nike just said f it, we need to have a product ready for october and it takes time to get the moulds, materials, etc ready for mass production.

i'm leaning towards nike being nike, which shouldn't come as a shock to anyone today.
Either this or I bet money Nike is abiding to the contract that a sneaker has to be put out every year regardless if they come to an agreement on design or not or if they just couldn’t get in contact with him

I just remember that time earlier this season and the Brooklyn Nets had no idea where he was

But someone chime in for me on more knowledge about how athlete/brand contracts work exactly

Nike basketball been cheeks for years. Kyrie speaking up had nothing to do with his sneaker imo.

Imo, sometimes morons can be mistaken for geniuses.

Hasn’t Lebron publically said he didn’t like 2 or 3 of his sig shoes?
Either 15 or 16, and I remember the 11 for sure he wore like once the whole season..

nike just be throwing things out there lol

LeBron famously HATED the 11s. They looked good but the fit was poor for him, like I remember him even slipping in them during a Heat game. Also, the LeBron 13s were easily the worst of that entire line. He won a title the year they were his sig and he wasn’t even wearing them lol (he won the 2016 title in Zoom Soldier 10s)

2FB3C6C2-DA41-442E-8606-F1B058CC63E7.jpeg

It’s always tough to figure out what exactly did or did not happen especially when it comes to conversations, because it gets messy and one side always wants to be free from blame , but this is just Kyrie’s point of view. Nothing said from Nike at this point. Who’s to say they didn’t reach out and attempt to get input but didn’t get a response? Seems as if a lot of the league and consumers scoop up his sneakers and this appears to be the first with a significant upgrade from a cushioning perspective. Also there’s an excerpt from Matthew Sullivan with Senior Footwear Designer and current Nike Kyrie designer Ben Nethongkome states that the Nike Kyrie line was going to take a high performance-first route starting with the Nike Kyrie 7, stating that Kyrie wants to honor Kobe Bryant by taking his approach of performance-oriented design and bring it to the Nike Kyrie line. (See the article from nicekicks)

E6A2D632-1C68-41B2-9E6F-4D78DF2D5305.png

Given this is just a cut up of bits and pieces from the sneaker I expect most to do a 180 (per the usual) lol once actual pics are released or the situation gets triaged.

JS”

*tiny violin playing*

Okay, then don't re-up your contract and go make KAI11 sneakers.

I think [the model formerly known as the Kyrie 8] looks good. Basically a much better version of the 7, which was pretty good already.

LBJ Sr been checked out in regards to the design of his shoes once the first check post lifetime Nike deal cleared .

As long as he gets colorways ecusive to himself and his inner tribe he don’t care. He really tried to sell the LeBron 13 to masses with a straight face.

Man they’ve been remaking the same shoe for years for Kyrie he probably been felt like this. It was cool the first time and then the joints wit the strap were cool but mostly they been wack.

if he don’t like them Nike should honor it and take his design input. It’s his name :lol:

I think that’s cap

Remember how KD and Leo Chang used to have plenty of interviews and stuff about how they worked together on his shoes and Chang would be incorporating his feedback and preferences

maybe I’m remembering wrong but I feel like I remember even Paul George talking about his input in his shoes. Pretty sure Dame as well but idk if nightwing is only talking Nike.

Figured LeBron would have input on his shoes as well..
LBJ Sr been checked out in regards to the design of his shoes once the first check post lifetime Nike deal cleared .

As long as he gets colorways ecusive to himself and his inner tribe he don’t care. He really tried to sell the LeBron 13 to masses with a straight face.
Lebron certainly isn’t wear testing his ****.

Bron may not be doing shoe sketches or handpicking the materials. But he definitely hasn’t checked out nor is he so far removed from the process that it’s a situation where his only involvement is his name attached to the shoe.

Bron has made it clear that he’s chasing 6 rings and you really think he’s not AT LEAST wear testing his shoes in that pursuit???

That doesn’t even make sense. I don’t know what happened with the Lebron 11 to make him not want to wear it on the court that season but that can’t be the basis for evidence that he’s completely removed from the process.

Jason Petrie directly addresses that in this article: Petrie Explains the process

I don’t even know why some guy would take the time out of their day to write that while having no connection to the actual process 😂

Some people would just love for everyone to believe that they are in the know when they aren’t.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom