Nike Kyrie Infinity

I’m surprised at how much traction this story is getting to be honest…I was under the impression that most sneaker heads at least knew that the majority of athletes aren’t THAT involved with the design of their sigs…People really think these guys are out here like Kanye running this process from top to bottom? They get input about what the athletes like then use that in what they design simple as that…Do they check in with the athlete throughout the process? Of course…But…This is Kyrie we’re talking about here…The stories about how he interacts with teammates and such are widely known at this point…Who’s to say he decides he doesn’t want to field the designers calls at any particular time simply because he don’t feel like dealing with it…

Like others mentioned, how many times has Lebron cut out a pair of his sigs in favor of the take down models because he likes them better? The 11’s immediately come to mind…It’s not like MJ demanded that Nike change the 10’s after the damn shoe had already released at retail right?

Besides, if they let Kyrie’s crazy *** design his own shoes from top to bottom he’d be out there playing in sack cloth sandals from the 7th century or something…

The MAGA crowd hates Nike (even if they don't know why)...so people are running with the story for click$

Of course…But…This is Kyrie we’re talking about here…The stories about how he interacts with teammates and such are widely known at this point……

A lot of those stories originated with Jackie MacMullen having an axe to grind personally with Kyrie and for some reasons she was given a pass for false reporting.

She’s bogus and more people should talk about her and her agenda when talking about these stories you bring up.

As previously mentioned Kyrie’s gripe is likely centered around what Nate Jones was tweeting (see earlier in this thread) and not so much design gripes about the actual shoe.

For what it’s worth Kyrie just fired his representation…

How many people really think Kyrie looks and his phone and sees Nike calling and ignores it. Child please he clearly has issues with HIS contract with Nike over issues no one but him knows and understands. Think on his relationship with Kobe and how close they were and how out of the entire nba he was the only one to my knowledge to miss a game because of his death. When you have a mentor or someone who you admire or look up to and they are treated unfairly by a company and then you feel as you financially or for whatever reason are also treated unfairly it would lead to this type of behavior in my opinion

Yeah I don't really look into that deep.

When healthy, he's electric on the basketball court. And Nike has designed some decent sneakers for him.

Off the court...he seems like a flake.

Love the look of the kyrie 1 and 2 but the materials were trash and the zoom was nonexistent . I’m sure the pairs he had were not the same

Love the look of the kyrie 1 and 2 but the materials were trash and the zoom was nonexistent . I’m sure the pairs he had were not the same
Traction on the Kyrie 1 turned into dress shoe traction after about a year of regular wear on mine smh

I don’t know if it was the outsole material or if the herringbone grooves weren’t deep enough

Don’t forget the infamous paint chipping off the spikes for the 1’s :lol: To this day I still don’t know how that happened. Had to sell my Duke pair early from it.

Traction on the Kyrie 1 turned into dress shoe traction after about a year of regular wear on mine smh

I don’t know if it was the outsole material or if the herringbone grooves weren’t deep enough
It was this way until the 3’s. The outsoles never held up until the 4’s

How many people really think Kyrie looks and his phone and sees Nike calling and ignores it. Child please he clearly has issues with HIS contract with Nike over issues no one but him knows and understands. Think on his relationship with Kobe and how close they were and how out of the entire nba he was the only one to my knowledge to miss a game because of his death.

Carmelo Anthony didn't even take the trip with Portland when they played the Lakers after Kobe died. It was the first game L.A. played after his death.

Not pictured but I remember having these ones.
1627976597879.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom