Nike Kyrie Infinity

Can anyone who has played in these comment on if the cushion is “too much”? Because I’m a really explosive player and I’ve got hops, so I don’t want the cushion to be too much of that makes sense.

Can anyone who has played in these comment on if the cushion is “too much”? Because I’m a really explosive player and I’ve got hops, so I don’t want the cushion to be too much of that makes sense.
I understand what you mean but I think that’s hard to answer. I’d just take em to the court, you picked em up on NDC and they have a 60 day wear test policy.

I understand what you mean but I think that’s hard to answer. I’d just take em to the court, you picked em up on NDC and they have a 60 day wear test policy.
Wait you can wear test these?? I thought they had to be DS to return!

Last edited:
unless they changed the policy recently. It used to be blasted all over the website and app. But I don’t see it anymore. If you go go NDC and check out the return policy you’ll see it.
A1270EAC-BE6B-4C48-A8AA-A9980D3E323E.jpeg

This is no slight to you at all my guy, so please don’t take it wrong the way, but unless you’re more explosive than some college and NBA players, I think you’ll be just fine in em!

I personally don't think it's too much, it's going to come down to each individual preference. I wouldn't say I'm 'really' explosive but I can do almost everything I was doing 10 years ago despite being in my mid-30's (jump, dunk, run)

Definitely not crazy cushion. I hooped in the KD 14 extensively and compared to those the forefoot on the kyrie feels more low profile. The full zoom strobel on the KD actually makes me feel more explosive and propels me forward.

Heel zoom on Kyrie doesn’t even feel that noticeable imo and feels more like a standard phylon to me personally. I think the Kyrie line has evolved perfectly now and currently offers all the responsiveness and court feel you expect from the shoe with finally some cushion. Old kyries felt like walking on concrete to me smh

unless they changed the policy recently. It used to be blasted all over the website and app. But I don’t see it anymore. If you go go NDC and check out the return policy you’ll see it.
A1270EAC-BE6B-4C48-A8AA-A9980D3E323E.jpeg
It says if they’re unworn and unwashed tho

That’s after 60 days. But I really don’t know how much longer after 60 days lol.
Ight bet. That won’t be an issue, I think I’ll try em out once and I’ll be able to make up my mind then and there.

It says if they’re unworn and unwashed tho
If you’re a Nike+ member, you can wear them as much as you want for the initial 60 days and return them. I’ve had pairs I wanted to keep but didn’t work out for whatever reason, and only knew this by hooping in them, and had no problems with returns. If you start abusing the system, then idk they might flag your account but in general you’re fine as long as you didn’t catch them on fire or some **** haha

If you’re a Nike+ member, you can wear them as much as you want for the initial 60 days and return them. I’ve had pairs I wanted to keep but didn’t work out for whatever reason, and only knew this by hooping in them, and had no problems with returns. If you start abusing the system, then idk they might flag your account but in general you’re fine as long as you didn’t catch them on fire or some **** haha
Yup, I am a Nike+ member. Thanks for the tip! I had no clue.

Tried the shoes yesterday. Size 9.5 (half size up) was def good. I wore thick socks.
I had the numb big toe on my right foot.
Cushionning: impossible to make a correct jumpshoot.
Also i didn't feel confortable to run. Cushionning is really not for me.
I think the kyrie 6 gave me the same feeling at the beginning but i'm not sure. After it was really really better.

Tried the shoes yesterday. Size 9.5 (half size up) was def good. I wore thick socks.
I had the numb big toe on my right foot.
Cushionning: impossible to make a correct jumpshoot.
Also i didn't feel confortable to run. Cushionning is really not for me.
I think the kyrie 6 gave me the same feeling at the beginning but i'm not sure. After it was really really better.
Do you have the 7’s? If so what’s your comparison between the two?

Do you have the 7’s? If so what’s your comparison between the two?

Cushion did not allow you shoot a proper jump shot?

Care to elaborate on that one?
I had the 7's just one month, and i only used them to run a little.
I think the cushionning was better than the 8 but maybe i'm wrong. I sent them back because my size 9 (TTS) was too tight.
Today i watched the Doctor Zach video.
Few month ago i watched his video and i didn't understand everything, but this time it was with the translation and it was excatly what i wrote in my first post.
If you are a guy who can jump easily you can get them but for me it was not as good as with the KD14, 35 or KD13.
But yes maybe i was tired for the practice, and i have 41 years old.
I saw a game today and a PG had the Kyrie 8, and believe me, he made a lay up, but i have the feeling he couldn't jump really high, and he had 2 defenders on him. I don't know how he hadn't been blocked (in my practice 2 times lol).
But i think i need to try again because it happened the same thing when i first played with the Kyrie 6, and after 4 or 5 practices, it was better. I sent back the 6's because i was afraid of the heel cushionning but the zoom turbo was awesome.

Nike app has some for 79.97 too

Just pulled for my first pair…. Seems like they’ll be snug so hopefully they work.

I watched foot doc Zach’s review after reading Letyoufry Letyoufry ’s post. I’m not sure about that podiatrist. He acts like shoes make a big deal on his “jump test” and “suicide lines run time”… I think performance of a hoop shoe varies GREATLY over the course of games/season. But for a jump test and sprint/suicide lines? Maybe I’m wrong but that’s gonna be based on whatever my athleticism level is at. Put me in 10 hoop shoes, my scores will be what they are. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom