Nike Lebron 17

Im sort of shocked Lebron likes the 7's so much. They always felt weird on feet for me. His are probably different though :rolleyes

Im sort of shocked Lebron likes the 7's so much. They always felt weird on feet for me. His are probably different though :rolleyes
His pair probably have phylon in the air bubble or somethin. Because I remember somebody comparing the 7 to having a sports car upper with a monster truck tire air bubble.

1598766011475.png

Overall I liked the 17. The colorways to new were subpar.

I went half size on the 17. The lows I went true to size and yes they’re a ***** to get on feet. Comfort and style wise they’re dope. And prides are coming down on them. May true a half size up next time I’m out. But that cool grey, Easter, and sheriff colorway is on the list.

I bought the GITD lows in a full size up and had some heel slip. Tried on my true size 14 today and they fit fine. Snug, yeah...but narrow footers really shouldn't worry. Half size up would probably be best, just can't find that size for myself.

duke40 duke40 @rko2004
I don't know if it's exact science, but my mom always told me there should be about thumbs width worth of space from big toe to front of shoe to account for foot expansion while walking/running.
i work for a shoe company: a thumb's width is too much if you're laying your thumb flat..we're taught the thumb should be perpendicular to the shoe top not parallel....which is basically the toe should come to the bumber strip {outlined in the attached photo}.....most people don't get a good heel lockdown {not tieing the shoes is a common reason} to their foot slides up the shoe causing it to hit the top making them want a larger size...shoes are made to bend at a specific place for a specific size, buying a shoe that's too big means your foot is bending at a spot the shoe is not which can lead to foot issues like stress factions in some causes.....that's my distance learning class for today :lol:

Attachments

• Shoe.png
    Shoe.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 881
Last edited:
Wouldn’t that technically be too small though? When we had our foot measured as a kid, we were told to lean forward a little. Like when you take a step your foot naturally moves/fills forward. That would never be enough space. Especially because your then asking your toes to round/bend with the curve of the toe cap/front of the shoe.

duke40 duke40 @rko2004

i work for a shoe company: a thumb's width is too much if you're laying your thumb flat..we're taught the thumb should be perpendicular to the shoe top not parallel....which is basically the toe should come to the bumber strip {outlined in the attached photo}.....most people don't get a good heel lockdown {not timing the shoes is a common reason} to their foot slides up the shoe causing it to hit the top making them want a larger size...shoes are made to bend at a specific place for a specific size, buying a shoe that's too big means your foot is bending at a spot the shoe is not which can lead to foot issues like stress factions in some causes.....that's my distance learning class for today :lol:

Good looks on the info but my BBFs are cringing just looking at this pic. :lol:

duke40 duke40 @rko2004

i work for a shoe company: a thumb's width is too much if you're laying your thumb flat..we're taught the thumb should be perpendicular to the shoe top not parallel....which is basically the toe should come to the bumber strip {outlined in the attached photo}.....most people don't get a good heel lockdown {not timing the shoes is a common reason} to their foot slides up the shoe causing it to hit the top making them want a larger size...shoes are made to bend at a specific place for a specific size, buying a shoe that's too big means your foot is bending at a spot the shoe is not which can lead to foot issues like stress factions in some causes.....that's my distance learning class for today :lol:
What's the shoe called you used as reference?

duke40 duke40 @rko2004

It took me getting into performance running shoes to understand that I was wearing shoes too big for years. In terms of comfort and support, Nike has NUHTING on the performances running brands. They are supposed to be snug and there is always a break-in period.

Wouldn’t that technically be too small though? When we had our foot measured as a kid, we were told to lean forward a little. Like when you take a step your foot naturally moves/fills forward. That would never be enough space. Especially because your then asking your toes to round/bend with the curve of the toe cap/front of the shoe.
lol....i come from decades working in the financial industry and i NEVER got as much training dealing with people's retirement funds as i have for the part-time entry level position working for a shoe company....EVERY month we have training videos with quizzes at the end where you have to get an 80% or above or you retake the WHOLE course again...what i explained is what is in our training, do with the info what you want, BUT if your foot is "moving forward" in the shoe then your heel isn't locked in correctly. your foot should NOT be moving around inside the shoe when you are moving...as for your toes "bending with the curve", there are different foot types {see attached}. none of your toes should be beyond what i described as the "bumper" of the shoe. most people have an "egyptian" or "greek" foot orientation which is why i highlighted that section of the shoe...if for some reason your longest toe is not the big toe or one of the two beside it i recommend you immediately stop drinking the water where you live :rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• Your-Foot-Shape-and-Your-Genealogy-chart.jpg
    Your-Foot-Shape-and-Your-Genealogy-chart.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 859
lol....i come from decades working in the financial industry and i NEVER got as much training dealing with people's retirement funds as i have for the part-time entry level position working for a shoe company....EVERY month we have training videos with quizzes at the end where you have to get an 80% or above or you retake the WHOLE course again...what i explained is what is in our training, do with the info what you want, BUT if your foot is "moving forward" in the shoe then your heel isn't locked in correctly. your foot should NOT be moving around inside the shoe when you are moving...as for your toes "bending with the curve", there are different foot types {see attached}. none of your toes should be beyond what i described as the "bumper" of the shoe. most people have an "egyptian" or "greek" foot orientation which is why i highlighted that section of the shoe...if for some reason your longest toe is not the big toe or one of the two beside it i recommend you immediately stop drinking the water where you live :rofl::rofl:

It’s not foot moving forward. It’s your foot expanding with forward with each step you take.

i prob should've listen to that water boil notice for my county..... :lol:

Thanks midd44 midd44 - I started younger doing a thumbs width but always used to double sock (cotton socks keeping moisture in so I would get blisters with only one sock). Then when the thicker socks came in I just kept it the same. I don’t honestly see how guys play with their toes jammedrighttotheend like that - after 4-5 games I would be crying.

g-time g-time

Leave 1/2 Inch at the Front of the Shoe
There should be about a 1/2 inch between the end of your longest toe and the end of the front of the shoe. Generally, this is about the size of the tip of your index finger (small hands) or pinky finger (large hands). While for many people the big toe is the longest, other people have a longer second toe, known as Morton's toe.

{ i measured 4 pairs of my shoes and the "bumper" of my shoes is about a 1/2 inch}

Back
Top Bottom