Nike Lebron 17

So this week, I finally got my Currencys in. Really like the look of them in person. I could've gotten these or the Infrareds, but I decided to get something more low-key since I also recently just purchased the Infrared 34s.

Here is my review:

Aesthetic: These definitely accomplish a nice all-black look. And the iradecent/color-changing swoosh is a really nice touch as it shifts from green to dark blueish/ purple. Also the toe-box area really reminds me of the 15s which I also have. I really love this "KnitPosite" which I'm guessing is an evolution from the "BattleKnit" that was in the 15s and maybe 16s. Looks wise, I feel like these 17s bring together the best court look AND casual look out of the last 3 generations.

lebron17.png

Feel: Just like the 15s, very snug to get in. I recommend TTS for these, no doubt. I guess if you have wide-feet, do what you would normally do in this situation. Overall i really like the feel. Very comfortable to walk around in, almost have a boot-like feel just because of the size of the cushioning incorporating both Air Max and Zoom Air. One complaint I have is the feel I'm experiencing wearing low-cut socks. The thin sock-liner right around the ankle at the top is kind-of irritating. I may need to break these in more but I've only found optimal comfort in mid-cut to high-cut socks. Other concern: Traction: The traction-pattern doesn't appear optimal for making really hard cuts. I haven't balled in these yet but I can kind of see how this pattern differs from previous versions, where it's more of a vertical pattern. Oh and the laces are pretty long out of the box, I used the final laceloop to tie them.

Overall, really love the shoe and happy with my decision. Especially since I got them on sale for around $107. These are kind of a 15 2.0 I feel like, moreso than the 16 for sure. Ever since LeBron has gone to this knit type of styling, I've really enjoyed what has come out. Definitely my favorite design era of the LeBrons currently. Last side note, quality in this shoe is pretty good. I would argue the quality of what Nike has been putting out recently in their top-tier shoes are superior than that of Jordan. Just my opinion.

The ankle collar is uncomfortable you have to squeeze in the material in your hands to loosen the cardboard.

Grabbed the lakers at 150. I'll take another pair as I hooped in the other pair. Still one of the best shoes I have played in.

Back
Top Bottom