Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

Am I the only one who doesn't think that it's a huge deal?

Lebron has worn the 19's in game before and will probably wear them again.

Maybe if he never wore them I would be concerned, but this is a yearly thing....

I mean if he doesn’t like his shoe, then why should we?

1639087610123.gif

I mean if he doesn’t like his shoe, then why should we?

1639087610123.gif
Since you decided to put a creepy rendition of Kyrie in there, I'll say this: Kyrie doesn't like the new Kyrie 8, and yet a lot of his fans/sneakerheads do.

You can't expect an NBA superstar to wear his new shoe every single game.

Since you decided to put a creepy rendition of Kyrie in there, I'll say this: Kyrie doesn't like the new Kyrie 8, and yet a lot of his fans/sneakerheads do.

You can't expect an NBA superstar to wear his new shoe every single game.

The Lakers have played 25 games, Lebron has probably worn the 19’s five or size times.

Most sneaker heads and humans would notice that he hasn’t worn the shoes enough, to be his signature shoe. And we aren’t expecting him to wear his latest signature shoe every game, even though most athletes with signature shoes do.

Regarding Kyrie, your perspective on the reception of his new shoes are different than mine.

The reception of the new Kyrie’s doesn’t appear to be as good as you stated. As evidenced by the Kyrie thread on here.

https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-kyrie-infinity-vol-infinitely-not-playing-in-the-league.693310/

Bron has only played in half the games, so he’s worn them about half the time give or take.

He doesn’t wear the soldier line any more and people still rock those. At end of the day just wear what you like right?

Would the jordan retro craze be what it is if he didn’t wear em every game AND as his signature line? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

LBJ should be wearing his sig line even if he needed to mod the shoes for his feet.

Would the jordan retro craze be what it is if he didn’t wear em every game AND as his signature line? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

LBJ should be wearing his sig line even if he needed to mod the shoes for his feet.
I don't know maybe...times are different.

New CWs tend to do better on the resale market than the OGs for the most part, outside of 1 retros.

less than 1% of people buying jordans now actually go back and watch full old MJ games. People watch highlights. As long as there's footage of lebron wearing them in some highlights they'll be able to sell the idea of lebrons in 20 years. "bron didn't wear his sigs enough" is gonna be Pippen 1 PE with zoom air level trivia in the future.

What’s wrong with him not wearing them? :lol:

Him wearing them is one of the biggest advertisement for sneakers these days, since they don't really do commercials or have magazine advertising.

So we see basketball kicks in games, websites and on IG/twitter. Him not wearing them in game takes away one of this sources of publicity for his line. IG/Twitter is also hurt, because they show who played in what that night. Look how people reacted to the orange 19's.

Kyrie, well when he was playing was the only one who seemed to actually care about playing in his sigs. KD will wear the same sneaker for weeks. Giannis seems to wear whatever. I'm not sure what PG was doing last year with ignoring the five but now wearing it this year, and if his line is now dead.

Him wearing them is one of the biggest advertisement for sneakers these days, since they don't really do commercials or have magazine advertising.

So we see basketball kicks in games, websites and on IG/twitter. Him not wearing them in game takes away one of this sources of publicity for his line. IG/Twitter is also hurt, because they show who played in what that night. Look how people reacted to the orange 19's.

Kyrie, well when he was playing was the only one who seemed to actually care about playing in his sigs. KD will wear the same sneaker for weeks. Giannis seems to wear whatever. I'm not sure what PG was doing last year with ignoring the five but now wearing it this year, and if his line is now dead.

I get this but I mean for us as consumers, less hype/publicity = more for us :lol:

I do find it weird that they don’t do commercials for his line anymore though.

I think being 19 models in Nike probably feels his line doesn't need commercials. Also, social media is the new advertisement. Why pay for commercials when social media is free?

and that's why I said him wearing them affects social media advertising.

7CBF82A5-03F2-4A43-9084-9B22B34BF441.jpeg

Just coming back from a quick hoop session…got a few runs in the 19’s and here are some of my initial thoughts.
  1. Agree with those who said you don’t really notice the weight while playing. Obviously if you’re coming from an ultra-lightweight sure yeah but if you’ve worn any of the more recent models it feels right around the same
  2. Overall fit it pretty good, but the toebox area (at least imo) is a little roomy. Like I might have to double sock when I wear these next time because I really prefer my shoes to be a little on the snug side.
  3. Cushion is responsive but not as bouncy as the 18’s. Did seem to loosen up a bit towards the end of my run
  4. No issues with traction or SockGate
  5. Feels like a fun shoe, just not something I’ll wear everyday. But that applies to just about all my Lebrons

Back
Top Bottom