Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

So all of you guys who have the 19’s. Should I size up 0.5? I’ve heard reports that they are tight.

I joke about leg day and sock day too. But the truth is, I don’t want a shoe tearing up my socks.

I also don’t want a shoe scratching up my legs.

I plan to get pairs to play basketball in. I guess I can just always wear them with the same pair of socks that they keep ripping.

1642823847625.gif

And in the 90’s and 2000’s, basketball shoes were great and I don’t remember punishment from any of them.

Gilbert Arenas was the first player that I saw rocking lows and having his own signature lows by Adidas.

But yes, Kobe made them popular and it is kinda irritating that everyone has to have lows now. :rolleyes
Yes that was my whole point. I know they cut into the socks it's a design flaw but not "omg these are unpurchasable" ya know? Ppl are just sissy about things nowadays I dunno lol. Maybe I'm drunk too

So do I have to break them in cause the sides are tight
It will loosen up with wear. At least mine did. I have a pretty narrow feet and didn’t really feel any tightness on the sides. Just the toe box was a little snug. By no means uncomfortable.

It will loosen up with wear. At least mine did. I have a pretty narrow feet and didn’t really feel any tightness on the sides. Just the toe box was a little snug. By no means uncomfortable.
The toe box is good just the sides I have a narrow foot

1642900150852.png

Finally got these in and I'm disappointed to say that the 19s may not be BBF friendly.

Got my size 14 in and it's really tight in the forefoot. Thought the inner bootie would have more give to it but unfortunately that's not the case.

Hopefully they break in with some wear, otherwise I would be all the way out on the 19s,

1642900150852.png

Finally got these in and I'm disappointed to say that the 19s may not be BBF friendly.

Got my size 14 in and it's really tight in the forefoot. Thought the inner bootie would have more give to it but unfortunately that's not the case.

Hopefully they break in with some wear, otherwise I would be all the way out on the 19s,
I agree

Yes that was my whole point. I know they cut into the socks it's a design flaw but not "omg these are unpurchasable" ya know? Ppl are just sissy about things nowadays I dunno lol. Maybe I'm drunk too

No sissy here - been playing ball for waaaay over 30 years and sorry - I’m not paying $200+ for a shoe to cut through my socks and scratch my shins to almost bleeding. That’s some stupid $#!+ when I can get a shoe like the KD14 or Jordan 36 that performs better and doesn’t make me bleed. Nike effed up, just like they did on the 15 (unstable forefoot), 11 (toebox was too short and killed his messed up feet), and the PG4 (pg hates air strobel and prefers zoom).

And I WANTED to like them - the 16 and 18 were my favorite shoes those years. I ordered a pair of HWC as soon as they appeared on Stockx.

My theory has always been there’s times when Bron must be feeling good physically, really moving well and wants the extra freedom of movement you get with a low… and other times he wears the 19’s when he feels 37 and needs the extra support.

At the end of the day for us regular consumers I think that you should be absolutely satisfied with a shoe that is so expensive. Whether it’s sock gate, sig gate or what have you there’s too many great performers out to settle for anything less than whatever your needs/expectations might be in a shoe

Having a sneaker that can damage my clothing is unacceptable. A nice pair of socks can run well over $40. I'd only be wearing these things with joggers and I'd prefer the sneaker not put a tear in them. It may sound stupid to some people, but it's a really lame oversight on a $200+ sneaker.

I'll eventually get a pair...and if they're comfortable, I'll just wear them with shorts/low cut socks or (god help me) sand down the offending edges.

Back
Top Bottom