Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

I like the 19's and they're one of my favorite Bron models and I don't care who likes them or not, including Bron.

I wish he liked them and wore them in games, but he didn't.

Just like the 11's, and those are one of my favorite Bron's too.

Does anyone have the pics of the royalty's with the mesh cut out exposing all the leopard print?

What could have been 😔
LeBron19Lake.png

Damn, all these in hand pics making me want a pair. You guys have a preference? Lows vs highs?

Played a few more times in my lows they’re really more of a scaled down version of the highs…unlike last year for example where they felt like two different shoes.

Max cushion, but not a lot of court feel. Takes a little getting used to…maybe not as much if you’re used to playing in Brons.

Back when I played in school the sig shoes you had to choose from were iversons, tmacs, adidas kobe, vc shox, or Jordan's. All of them weighing about 14 pounds per shoe. It's wild to me how nowadays we talk in such specifics about ounces, traction patterns, court feel, react cushioning, phylon, midfoot shanks, outriggers etc. Cats couldn't care less about that in the day it was never spoken of you just wore what looked fly at the time 😆

Back when I played in school the sig shoes you had to choose from were iversons, tmacs, adidas kobe, vc shox, or Jordan's. All of them weighing about 14 pounds per shoe. It's wild to me how nowadays we talk in such specifics about ounces, traction patterns, court feel, react cushioning, phylon, midfoot shanks, outriggers etc. Cats couldn't care less about that in the day it was never spoken of you just wore what looked fly at the time 😆
Exactly.. I’ve been hooping in brons since the 4s.. straight up tanks , hell even had an OG pair of the kobe 1 and those were leather tanks… I’ve never been flat out fast in my life, just quick and the oz don’t bother me… I don’t put on my 36s and think imma be fast cause I’m normally in brons 🤣😂 it don’t work like that for me

Exactly.. I’ve been hooping in brons since the 4s.. straight up tanks , hell even had an OG pair of the kobe 1 and those were leather tanks… I’ve never been flat out fast in my life, just quick and the oz don’t bother me… I don’t put on my 36s and think imma be fast cause I’m normally in brons 🤣😂 it don’t work like that for me
Yep same exact thing here

All of this. Plus people who care about a few ounces in their shoes probably can’t hoop anyways 😂

I’m a little older than you because I used to hoop in foams… if you can wear those, you can wear anything to hoop in. DMV area so y’all already know lol

All of this. Plus people who care about a few ounces in their shoes probably can’t hoop anyways 😂

I’m a little older than you because I used to hoop in foams… if you can wear those, you can wear anything to hoop in. DMV area so y’all already know lol
Correct. That's my theory. The more particular you are about the tiniest of details in your sneaks the less likely you are to actually be able to ball most likely. You'll see cats on here swearing this shoe or that shoe doesn't have enough bounce so they can't get up as quick anymore or this shoe caused their ppg to drop lol. Just nonsense. Malarkey. Average Joe's don't need finely, specifically tuned, bespoke sneakers for the ymca. I understand their are preferences and different options for different positions but man...some of the nit picking sheesh!

I read your post and was prepared to call you a wimp for complaining about the weight of Foams. Because I've played and still play in them and never saw the issue or the weight until...

I said let me go grab a pair and see if I can tell the difference with the weight. First I went to the website below to check the weight of some shoes.

https://nikelebron.net/weightionary/

And they are one of the heaviest shoe there! :rofl:

But I have Foams sitting around so I wanted to see if they were actually heavy.

I moved two boxes and and then picked up the Foamposite box and said "D*MN THIS BOX IS HEAVY"!

1659575466350.gif

I took the shoes out, had the Foams in one hand and lifted several different shoes in the other hand and yes.

The Foams are heavy! :rofl:

When I put them on I don't notice though.

Lastly regarding shoes weight and cushion corresponding to performance. I'm not affected by weight or cushion but I do know that Steph Curry doesn't like too much cushion in his shoes for performance reasons.

And no, these dude's complaining aren't Steph! :rofl:

I read your post and was prepared to call you a wimp for complaining about the weight of Foams. Because I've played and still play in them and never saw the issue or the weight until...

I said let me go grab a pair and see if I can tell the difference with the weight. First I went to the website below to check the weight of some shoes.

https://nikelebron.net/weightionary/

And they are one of the heaviest shoe there! :rofl:

But I have Foams sitting around so I wanted to see if they were actually heavy.

I moved two boxes and and then picked up the Foamposite box and said "D*MN THIS BOX IS HEAVY"!

1659575466350.gif

I took the shoes out, had the Foams in one hand and lifted several different shoes in the other hand and yes.

The Foams are heavy! :rofl:

When I put them on I don't notice though.

Lastly regarding shoes weight and cushion corresponding to performance. I'm not affected by weight or cushion but I do know that Steph Curry doesn't like too much cushion in his shoes for performance reasons.

And no, these dude's complaining aren't Steph! :rofl:
Foams are definitely heavy but the weight would never stop me from hooping in them. Our team shoes my sophomore year were reebok question team edition retros and if you've never hooped in those them thangs are like wearing around 2 toddlers strapped to your ankles. They have like 7 inches of padding. I still did my thing tha-thing so you'll rarely hear me complain about much when it comes to specs of modern performance sneakers

Foams are definitely heavy but the weight would never stop me from hooping in them. Our team shoes my sophomore year were reebok question team edition retros and if you've never hooped in those them thangs are like wearing around 2 toddlers strapped to your ankles. They have like 7 inches of padding. I still did my thing tha-thing so you'll rarely hear me complain about much when it comes to specs of modern performance sneakers

Strangely I compared the Foams to a pair of Red Toe Questions and the Foams were heavier! :rofl:

But you're right about the padding bag in the Questions

I can hoop in just about anything, one of my favorite shoes to still wear to this day are the Kobe 1 Protro… but I def notice a difference between old/modern, light/heavy, mid/low, etc

Shoe tech has evolved and spoiled us for sure. I kinda feel now that they’re all so good we’re just splitting hairs with most of these sneaker reviews lol

I can hoop in just about anything, one of my favorite shoes to still wear to this day are the Kobe 1 Protro… but I def notice a difference between old/modern, light/heavy, mid/low, etc

Shoe tech has evolved and spoiled us for sure. I kinda feel now that they’re all so good we’re just splitting hairs with most of these sneaker reviews lol

1659579934493.gif

Ummm the Kobe 1 Protro is kinda a great basketball shoe though. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom