• No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters

Nike Zoom LeBron NXXT Gen “I Promise”
Color: Multi-Color/Multi-Color
Style Code: DR8784-900
Release Date: February 10, 2023
Price: $160

Yea cant tell if these another takedown (price decrease) or the low model.
He usually debuts the low around All-Star so the date makes sense.
If these are a takedown do these do away with the "low" then?

They look like the takedown. And are priced $40. Gotta assume cushion tech downgraded too

Anyone experience some heel slippage in these when they first start playing? Wondering if it goes away as the heel/sphere material breaks in.

Looks like it’s a non-knit, cheap upper and probably no cushlon midsole. I wonder if the zoom is still there in the forefoot (assuming so for $160 retail but Nike has surprised me before) and maybe a lower volume heel unit? Interesting the approach they are taking since the flagship shoe is still a low top so it’s not like they could go lower lol.

Anyone experience some heel slippage in these when they first start playing? Wondering if it goes away as the heel/sphere material breaks in.

Yes, but just until the midsole gets a little flex on it. Once that happens it goes away.

Have had zero heel slippage. Did you go TTS?
I guess heel slippage isn’t the right word. It just doesn’t feel as locked in as I’d like and was wondering if that feeling got better over time.

At 160 if true the NXXT should still have great cushioning maybe they drop the carbon shank and throw in a TPU shank and fingers crossed maybe a zoom strobel. Depending if we are looking at gs pictures or adult sizing I just hope they give us something similar in cushioning to the XX.

What if those are the real XX’s and we’ve been seeing the takedown model the whole time? :emoji_thinking:

37178ed0cb9dd8dd9f1f1a9d35e11469eb-07-lebron-shocked.rsquare.w700.gif

ordered these things late sunday night, this morning I hear the gate squeak and a soft thump on my porch. hell yeah, merry dripmas comes early again (the aj2 2-18s arrived in 3 days as well) as these were projected for a thursday night delivery.
52456466043_541d75d2b9_c.jpg

I'll step up my sock game, I just couldn't wait to give em a test drive. they feel great, really easy wear from the moment they were on feet, ran the dog around the park and felt like a champ

my son, who is not an obsessive sneakerhead but is very astute about style/fashion, thinks these xxs are sick and have lots of sweet subtle detail, but points out that the average person sees these and assumes they're just funny colored dad running shoes. little prick

mf-er had the gall to similarly admire the aj2 low 2-18s while also commenting they could easily appear to be a $20 shoe from the target discount rack. after beating him with a shovel, I reflected a bit and was like
grammanod.gif

ordered these things late sunday night, this morning I hear the gate squeak and a soft thump on my porch. hell yeah, merry dripmas comes early again (the aj2 2-18s arrived in 3 days as well) as these were projected for a thursday night delivery.
52456466043_541d75d2b9_c.jpg

I'll step up my sock game, I just couldn't wait to give em a test drive. they feel great, really easy wear from the moment they were on feet, ran the dog around the park and felt like a champ

my son, who is not an obsessive sneakerhead but is very astute about style/fashion, thinks these xxs are sick and have lots of sweet subtle detail, but points out that the average person sees these and assumes they're just funny colored dad running shoes. little prick

mf-er had the gall to similarly admire the aj2 low 2-18s while also commenting they could easily appear to be a $20 shoe from the target discount rack. after beating him with a shovel, I reflected a bit and was like
grammanod.gif
1666800766949.gif

I guess heel slippage isn’t the right word. It just doesn’t feel as locked in as I’d like and was wondering if that feeling got better over time.
It’s not heel slippage. Shoe can get loose I think due to how the laces/eyelet are set up that’s why lebrons pair has an extra eyelet. I usually just double knot it but yea i know what you mean

I thought they contained the heel well considering how flat and stiff the midsole is. I use a runners loop on all of my low cut sneakers. That helps most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom