Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
Anyone have more comments on the forefoot cushion of the 20’s?

It’s crazy how many negative and related issues there on are Reddit bballshoes. A lot of knee pain comments, foot pain. Saying the tech is mostly for show “zoom turbo” but actually less of an ideal set up that a pg6 or even kyrie 5 or something.

And the overly soft (stability ridden) heel cushlon that needs to break in/pack out for stability and feedback. I guess NXXT solves that issue.

Plus the very prolonged break in, I was ready to cop a discounted ASG pair bc I think they are a nice colorway but pretty close to just moving on. Just seems for sure that the honeymoon phase and recency bias is gone when everyone was crowning this one of the best current performers

I have 3 pairs - Debuts, South Beast, Trinity.

Debuts and South Beast have been broken in and worn multiple times to multiple games and practices. I'm still in the process of breaking in the Trinitys.

Once broken in, I haven't really experienced any of those issues other people have experienced.

I'm not a big dude too - i'm a 5'10" 160lb guard. I love the shoes and they're the only shoe i've bought more than 2 pairs of since the Kobe 5 and 6 protros. I think forefoot cushioning is fine as it is. To me, these shoes aren't better than the Kobe 5/6 protros for what i prefer in a shoe, but they've been great so far.

I don't really think of them as Kobes tbh. Kobes to me have always nailed my preferred cushion/court feel ratio. These are have a bit more cushion and a bit less courtfeel than kobe's but it doesn't really bother me once it's broken in.

Maybe folks aren't used to breaking in shoes anymore, idk. But once the 20s are broken in, they're great performers imo.

I have 3 pairs - Debuts, South Beast, Trinity.

Debuts and South Beast have been broken in and worn multiple times to multiple games and practices. I'm still in the process of breaking in the Trinitys.

Once broken in, I haven't really experienced any of those issues other people have experienced.

I'm not a big dude too - i'm a 5'10" 160lb guard. I love the shoes and they're the only shoe i've bought more than 2 pairs of since the Kobe 5 and 6 protros. I think forefoot cushioning is fine as it is. To me, these shoes aren't better than the Kobe 5/6 protros for what i prefer in a shoe, but they've been great so far.

I don't really think of them as Kobes tbh. Kobes to me have always nailed my preferred cushion/court feel ratio. These are have a bit more cushion and a bit less courtfeel than kobe's but it doesn't really bother me once it's broken in.

Maybe folks aren't used to breaking in shoes anymore, idk. But once the 20s are broken in, they're great performers imo.
How long of a break in was it for you, and all colors equal? Thanks for the feedback

How long of a break in was it for you, and all colors equal? Thanks for the feedback
Hmmm i'd say a good 8-10hrs per pair of moderate to high intensity bball activity before i got fully comfortable with them to wear them in a game.

The trinitys are sitting at about 3 hrs at the moment i'd say and i can already feel they're better as from when they were out of the box, but still not to the point where i'd confidently bring them as the only sneaker in my bag without a backup pair.

Debuts for todays workout…
8A2EEC6C-AF9C-45DB-8503-B5AE53A0D805.jpeg

Translucent soles pretty good traction even on this dusty *** court…btw, break in process for new Wilson coming along nicely.

Surprised we never got the pink colorway. Or NBY, Elites, etc.

I agree. The XXs were a dope design. Just seems like the energy and creativity of the Lebron line isn't there (but then again, maybe it's a Nike thing).

Surprised we never got the pink colorway. Or NBY, Elites, etc.

I agree. The XXs were a dope design. Just seems like the energy and creativity of the Lebron line isn't there (but then again, maybe it's a Nike thing).
The XXs are already a NXXT gen Elite imo. Identical design, knit vs mesh uppers, $200 vs $160.
I can't think of anything I would realistically add to the 20s to make another Elite model that would probably cost $250.

What was the last Lebron on NBY? It would be nice to have a triple black pair but I’m good. I’m making these colors work lol.

Imagine a HWC colorway of the 20's with a blue suede upper. These would've been the perfect shoe to bring it back.

At least put them on Nike By You so we can make our own pairs.
Back in 2016 Nike wasn't afraid of putting Kobe 11 Elites on Nike ID for $250 when the retail pairs were $200.
Supply and demand for NBYs are different these days.

They don't really care. All they care about is QS or limited releases to drive traffic to their sites.

Nike Basketball is dead.
Yeah I wouldn’t say all that…

Nike Basketball has released some really good performance shoes this year or so: LBJ 20, KD 15, PG 6, GT Cut 2, etc. Of course I agree that the releases of these models could have been much better than what they actually put out.

Looking at other brands…Adidas, NB, UA, etc nothing really stood out. I heard great things about the Way of Wades but have never actually seen anyone with them in person.

Yeah I wouldn’t say all that…

Nike Basketball has released some really good performance shoes this year or so: LBJ 20, KD 15, PG 6, GT Cut 2, etc. Of course I agree that the releases of these models could have been much better than what they actually put out.

Looking at other brands…Adidas, NB, UA, etc nothing really stood out. I heard great things about the Way of Wades but have never actually seen anyone with them in person.
In Obama voice, Let me be clear, "The Lebron XX is a great basketball shoe." I'd say Nike makes great basketball shoes (right now).

I think what we are arguing is the colorway execution and options. Completely aesthetic options for the truly avid fans of the shoe. We want iconic colorways we can look back to like SB 8, Solar Red 8, etc.

Disco season last week, anyone who wanted a pair to ball in hopefully got a great shoe for a great price.

came back from foot injury in the model with the non-phylon / firmer cushion and no carbon fiber plate

Interesting huh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom