Nike LeBron 22 - Monopoly slated for September 28, 2024

Based on the LeBron's signature shoes historically being less popular despite him being a cornerstone of Nike, it's safe to assume he'll never be on the same level as Jordan as far as shoes go.

I would definitely place Jordan at the top as a player with a signature line since he was the first basketball player to have his name on a shoe as his former agent David Falk elaborated on a past appearance on The Herd via video feed. He's the reason why players who came after him have signature shoes.

And I'm going to say the Nike Kobe line is the second best signature line based on design, optics and absolute comfortability. Kobe's shoes were the lightest and softest signature shoes I've ever worn.

Never understood the direction of the takedown/alternate models. Soldiers, Witness, Ambassadors, NXXT Gens, and the P. S. joints had some decent colors and silhouettes but zero consistency.

I feel the same about those as well. But I have a feeling they were basically emulating the Jordan Brand business model of having lower priced offshoot shoes since LeBron is another one of Nike's basketball cornerstones with his own line.

The Kobe line for this generation of players (except DeRozan) is what the Jordan retros were to the 2000s generation of players (Darius Miles, QRich, Derek Anderson, etc…..) . I don’t watch a lot of NBA nowadays, but the only person I see wearing Brons is AD. The only players that wear them in college are FAMU and Ohio St., that I know of.

I thought they were going well with the Soldiers & Ambassadors at first. But no one else was rocking w/ the crown like they was w/ the jumpman even while His Airness was still playing.

Lowkey lost, & always have to this day, some respect for Pat when he starting wearing Js. All them 90s dudes were his sons eventually which while we’re at it is something Bron’s contemporaries will never be.

And majority of Kobe’s have way better casual appeal.

The Kobe line for this generation of players (except DeRozan) is what the Jordan retros were to the 2000s generation of players (Darius Miles, QRich, Derek Anderson, etc…..) . I don’t watch a lot of NBA nowadays, but the only person I see wearing Brons is AD. The only players that wear them in college are FAMU and Ohio St., that I know of.

Good and accurate analogy regarding how specific signature lines correlated with particular generations.

That just shows LeBrons aren't as popular as the Jordan, then Kobe lines.

I really want to support and wear the LeBron line like I used to when he was in his first stint with the Cavaliers and when he was with the Heat. But it's been hard to starting with the LeBron 12 when Nike didn't make colors identical to the ones he wore available.

It's even worse with the LeBron 16 to 21 with them not making the Lakers colors he wore available because I'm a big Lakers fan. And I'm happy he's basically finishing his storied career with them, albeit in a declined condition. The dynamics of a Lakers color on a LeBron signature shoe would have been a win-win for me predicated of my fandom of the team and him.

I hear you guys arguments for the Kobe line's CURRENT popularity with today's younger players but to say that it's more than Bron idk. Kobe's line has about the same if not less overall popular models then Bron's.

Kobe's pre-mature death has created an uncanny high level of interest in his line that was simply non-existent in his latter sigs and the protro's. It added more to his legend and including nike's strategic handling of his shoes like limited "high heat" in EVERY color. This had never happened before with a nike or any signature athlete that was as known/big and still had product being rolled out.

The stories have long been shared about how Kobe's earlier nike sig would hit deep discounts in local nike outlets until the 4-8 (a big period for all nike sigs at the time). The 9-NXT were not as popular (similar to lebron's line after the 7-10). The early protos were sitting with most getting with ease or waiting for sale/promo eligible status . Exceptions being made for the chaos proto 5's and slightly limited close out Proto 1's.

Honestly besides the 4-8 and maybe the 10/11's, you guys envision today's hoopers/fans wanting the other models the same?! Bron's still playing and at times is polarizing because he's STILL playing and is a contemporary to the same athletes lacing up kobe's/J's. None of his sigs are gonna be worn like those two while still playing.

Lastly the Lebron 7-10, 15 and 20 (I know Kobe DNA) proves he has the same amount of highly popular shoes as Kobe imo. The gage of his sig line's popularity would be better assessed after his playing days are done imo.

I hear you guys arguments for the Kobe line's CURRENT popularity with today's younger players but to say that it's more than Bron idk. Kobe's line has about the same if not less overall popular models then Bron's.

Kobe's pre-mature death has created an uncanny high level of interest in his line that was simply non-existent in his latter sigs and the protro's. It added more to his legend and including nike's strategic handling of his shoes like limited "high heat" in EVERY color. This had never happened before with a nike or any signature athlete that was as known/big and still had product being rolled out.

The stories have long been shared about how Kobe's earlier nike sig would hit deep discounts in local nike outlets until the 4-8 (a big period for all nike sigs at the time). The 9-NXT were not as popular (similar to lebron's line after the 7-10). The early protos were sitting with most getting with ease or waiting for sale/promo eligible status . Exceptions being made for the chaos proto 5's and slightly limited close out Proto 1's.

Honestly besides the 4-8 and maybe the 10/11's, you guys envision today's hoopers/fans wanting the other models the same?! Bron's still playing and at times is polarizing because he's STILL playing and is a contemporary to the same athletes lacing up kobe's/J's. None of his sigs are gonna be worn like those two while still playing.

Lastly the Lebron 7-10, 15 and 20 (I know Kobe DNA) proves he has the same amount of highly popular shoes as Kobe imo. The gage of his sig line's popularity would be better assessed after his playing days are done imo.
I feel everything you saying………There are obvious reasons why the KB line has emerged as a favorite among the newer players and a lot of HS/MS kids. DeRozan for sure was one of the 1st to rock Kobe’s heavy. Would it be this way now if my man was still here? Maybe/maybe not, but it’s where we’re at. I’m a Spurs fan and I’ve been wearing Kobes since the Adidas days. Some models appealed more than others (Nike or Adidas). Dark Knight 5s, the illest sneaker in the catalog to me. The Nike Kobe 1s were like $40 at the Navy Exchange in Va. Beach, so I bought as many in my size and a half size up as my wife would allow lol. I’ve always loved the line.

For Bron, I stopped at the 11, because them mfs hurt and my son sounded like he had tap dance shoes when he was playing AAU ball. These colors and prices are killing the line for me. I love the 20s in basic colors because I’m too old to be wearing some of these flamboyant colors. 21s I like too. Tahitians are the only ones I have/like and they just hit $99 on NDC. I’ll go back for another pair. NXXTs I like, because there are basic colors for an old dawg like me. But I’m not paying $200-225 for a performance sneaker I will never use on court. Blk/red P.S. 7s will always be my favorite, but would have been 10x better if they didn’t use the plastic/flywire combo.

I think it’s dope they’re bringing out retros while he’s still playing, especially the 4. But now, these mfs at Nike need to open the vault. Dunkmans, Clark Kent’s, etc…..empty the clip lol.
IMG_1240.gif

Great point about nike's high pricing on Bron's models. That hasn't helped the line's widespread reach and popularity. Yeah the infamous 11's were bad overall fit wise and definitely hurt his line's momentum. Also yeah alotta dunkmans and pe's should be dropping from Nike if they were smart.

Bron’s have been priced at 200 since the X. All of Nike basketball is hitting discount in general. remember when KD 4’s were $90-95? KD’s are $160-170 now.

Bron’s have been priced at 200 since the X. All of Nike basketball is hitting discount in general. remember when KD 4’s were $90-95? KD’s are $160-170 now.
Same principle here. I can tolerate a KD being at that price because it seems like they go on sale quicker. Got the Boardroom 16s for $90, Slim Reapers for $130 and finally able to track down the 15 BK Graffiti’s for $80. Smaller sizes of the Bron XX are on Hibbett for a fair price now, but the less colorful ones, my size disappeared a long time ago for that price.

That's because people are not getting what they want out of Nike basketball. People will pay full price for something that they want if they find value in it. Right now.. they obviously don't. People jump and scream they want one thing and Nike gives them the complete opposite. Nike always cuts corners in at least ONE category when they don't need to when releasing a shoe.

Yes I understand that they're a business and have to respond to shareholders.. However with all the information available to people today, people are starting to wake up to corporate greed and it's killing them (and a lot of other big businesses too).

Wait, so these will release during the holidays? I thought LBs drop before the season starts.

I can only think of the 12s dropping during the holidays.

Wait, so these will release during the holidays? I thought LBs drop before the season starts.

Holiday season is labeled for usually Oct-Dec. Oct would be about usual for his releases.

And that was due to production issues because Bron switched last minute and came back home to Cleveland. I remember the first couple of releases had his number 6 on the shoe still.

My speculation was correct after all that these were going to remain a low-top model. But I didn't expect these to look similar to the LeBron 21 based on the mock-up.

Back
Top Bottom