Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

Am I in trouble?
1692821315264.png

I've seen yutes on Twitter say this, and I just don't see it at all. Imo, only thing even remotely is the rounded toe.

Yeah, I don't get it either. 550 is much bulkier in my eye, closer to an Air Force or Air Alpha Force. I think the Adi Forum is closer to the 550, and I don't remember anyone whining that NB was biting off Adi or Nike with the 550. Some of the sneaker-talk conspiracy bull ish I just can't help but roll my eyes at. Nike doesn't need to worry about any other brand's retro basketball lineup.

Yeah, I don't get it either. 550 is much bulkier in my eye, closer to an Air Force or Air Alpha Force. I think the Adi Forum is closer to the 550, and I don't remember anyone whining that NB was biting off Adi or Nike with the 550. Some of the sneaker-talk conspiracy bull ish I just can't help but roll my eyes at. Nike doesn't need to worry about any other brand's retro basketball lineup.
And the fact these came out 5 years before the 550. Not saying you at all, but some people just have to try to stir stuff up.

And the fact these came out 5 years before the 550. Not saying you at all, but some people just have to try to stir stuff up.

It was quite confusing for me when I heard someone say that the Attack retro was some sort of reply to the NB 550. Incredibly different shoes, and there are so many other comparisons that could have been made. It's gotta just be something some sneaker youtuber or social media personality said that got picked up and perpetuated by the uninformed.

If anything they have some resemblance to the Adidas Ivan Lendl Comps from 85. Which makes sense since he was one of the best players and got a competitive shoe a year after the Mac Attack. The Kith version up for $115 still in a number of sizes and very high quality materials.

Exactly. This is so often overlooked.

These > 550s period.

550s are like the Asics EX89 as a direct comparison in terms of weight and function. The distinctive toe on the 550s is different but the shoe is pretty similar to the Asics.

Exactly. This is so often overlooked.

These > 550s period.

550s are like the Asics EX89 as a direct comparison in terms of weight and function. The distinctive toe on the 550s is different but the shoe is pretty similar to the Asics.

Good call on those Asics. Attacks are closer to a Stan Smith than a 550

Hit on AMM and SS raffles and then got an invoice for two pairs from Discord raffles yesterday (which I let go), so I could have ended up with four pairs of size 12s. Hopefully this, and the lack of interest here, means that it was an easy cop for all interested. Looks like, as of now, there are still a good selection of sizes still available for 11 and smaller.

Also, I see that the black/white colorway is loaded on SNKRS for a 9/7 release. Hoping this is an easy cop as well.

BWAttack.jpg

Hit on AMM and SS raffles and then got an invoice for two pairs from Discord raffles yesterday (which I let go), so I could have ended up with four pairs of size 12s. Hopefully this, and the lack of interest here, means that it was an easy cop for all interested. Looks like, as of now, there are still a good selection of sizes still available for 11 and smaller.
Once they put them on the regular SS site they dried up real quick
When they were on the you can’t be serious sub site. It was a fsr

Also, I see that the black/white colorway is loaded on SNKRS for a 9/7 release. Hoping this is an easy cop as well.

BWAttack.jpg
Should be easy, they're going for around for 30-40 above retail two weeks out from launch

Back
Top Bottom