Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

Nike did a terrible job on this release, creating the hype is fine but to not even sell the product on their own Snkrs app made no sense. It was just free advertising for other stores by posting who has them, and with boutique stores it's most likely eaten up by bots, sometimes back doored. Admittedly, I don't think the Mac Attacks look that great but the Nike tennis history behind them makes them worth getting. I'll pay resale at some point, but nothing crazy over. Unfortunately as usual, size 12 is always in hide demand and few made.

Last edited:
Well I got you fam.. hit on another raffle so you got at least 1 sz 11 coming from me. You should have these bro. We'll figure it out and get them to you on DM.

KanyIZZY KanyIZZY is truly one of the greatest. Always looking out and doing what he can for other NTers. A good man.

gif-sneakers-comedy-club-mars-2016-7.gif

What a mess this release was. Nike just couldn’t help themselves. For them to purposely lure resellers, botters and hypebeast towards this shoe was a disgrace to actual fans. What a complete and utter joke. That said, I just checked and resell is surprisingly not even all that bad on these lol. If I didn’t already have a pair I’d definitely copp if that was my only option. Y’all had me thinking average resell was like above $250 or something :lol:. (It’s not lol)
I disagree. This was a well executed release. If no hype is built then they sit. A sellout is a success. And they didn’t purposely lure resellers, they don’t control the sites. Let the young kids rock em, let the young kids make a few bucks. At the same time yall act like every single pair was botted when there were hella people that wanted em that were able to get em in store in person successfully.
I’m glad Travis was part of the roll out. Now we just need more colorways 🔥 🌵🌵

I disagree. This was a well executed release. If no hype is built then they sit. A sellout is a success. And they didn’t purposely lure resellers, they don’t control the sites. Let the young kids rock em, let the young kids make a few bucks. At the same time yall act like every single pair was botted when there were hella people that wanted em that were able to get em in store in person successfully.
I’m glad Travis was part of the roll out. Now we just need more colorways 🔥 🌵🌵

No. This release did not benefit the resellers.

The OGs were nearly impossible to get unless you lived near a store that had them or you got lucky with one of the raffles...:frown:

With this release, both the resellers and the buyers got screwed.

And Travis did nothing to help.

The people that wanted these shoes, were always going to be the fans of McEnroe or the sport in general.

KB24strikesagain and 05fordgt had it right.

This release was not handled well by Nike.

I'm just being honest about it.

Last edited:
Probably but I’m a 50 yr old who doesn’t have time and patience to wait for a restock to save a few bucks

I’m glad they did them right. McEnroe is my favorite tennis player of all-time too. I grew up with Mac and loved his passion, his volley game, and his matches against Conners. I hated that guy, but they both pushed each other to be greater.
I'm convinced that up til like 36 hrs ago this was probably the oldest thread by average user age on NT lol

45 checking in :nerd:

Your one of those guys

And from the looks of it, aside from the kid sizes being in less demand, appears that its also easier to hoard shoes when your sporting grade school pairs = the boxes are inherently smaller.

Must be…

Nike did a terrible job on this release, creating the hype is fine but to not even sell the product on their on Snkrs app made no sense. It was just free advertising for other stores by posting who has them, and with boutique stores it's most likely eaten up by bots, sometimes back doored. Admittedly, I don't think the Mac Attacks look that great but the Nike tennis history behind them makes them worth getting. I'll pay resale at some point, but nothing crazy over. Unfortunately as usual, size 12 is always in hide demand and few made.

I don’t know if I’d go as far as to say terrible, but a frustrating one for sure. This seems like a release that would be a lay up to get right - no need to make this drop a scarce release. Scale back the numbers for when the Trav piece comes. I imagine we’ll be getting higher quantities with upcoming colorways though.

I feel you on the sizing though. Took countless Ls on 13s today 😔

For me these Macs are narrow. I wear TTS in the recent AT1s. I went up a half size on the Macs and while I have room in the toe box it doesn’t feel excessive.

For reference I wear TTS in J1,2,3&5
I go up a half size in AM1 and AM90
Yea, from what I’m hearing, being a Team Widefoot captain, I’ll go .5 up if I ever get another chance to cop 😅

No. This release did not benefit the resellers.

The OGs were nearly impossible to get unless you lived near a store that had them or you got lucky with one of the raffles...:frown:

With this release, both the resellers and the buyers got screwed.

And Travis did nothing to help.

The people that wanted these shoes, were always going to be the fans of McEnroe or the sport in general.

KB24strikesagain and 05fordgt had it right.

This release was not handled well by Nike.

I'm just being honest about it.

I’m not a fan of Mac and I hate tennis.

And I still wanted the shoe because it’s a cool old school lookin shoe/retro 🤷‍♂️ nice colorway too.

Back
Top Bottom