***NIKE MLB 2012***NEW THREAD

Well review time for the Nike 5 Tools undershirt. In one word - disappointed. I think they went backwards with the technology for this undershirt. The original Pro Players Compression was a really sturdy undershirt that really kept the upper body snugged and compressed. It looked strange with all the different vent spots and appearance of the shirt but that is what it made it unique. The new version is just a generic Combat Pro with semi-tight sleeves and generic vent spots or lack there off. In the back of it is the same V shape vents that appear on almost all undershirts nowadays. The sleeves look like it has tiger stripes on them and it looks stupid, I am a ballplayer not Tony the Tiger. The original version was a struggle to get into but once it was there it felt it was part of your skin and was ready for any temperature environment. This version I was able to slip into easily with the body being loose and not self tightening. Did someone complain and ask Nike to make it a loose fit? I mean all pot belly people should rejoice but it seems Nike screwed up on this one. I think the current Raglan shirt is tighter than this. Overall Nike thumbs down on this.

Last edited:

New iD's are up! Enjoy...and don't forget to post pics when you get a pair.

Just from looking around right away it seems like they are pretty basic...you can only really add 2 colors as the front and the back of the shoe all need to be one solid color. On the bright side (literally I suppose) you can add a volt swoosh and/or laces so I'm sure some people will be able to make some pretty cool looking pairs. Seems like the last few pairs had more options for a more detailed design and the color blocking on these just seem really odd to me something about that doesn't look right. Anyway, here are a few I put together I'm still 50/50 on if I will be purchasing them this year I might just keep my last few pairs overall I feel like these are probably the weakest of the ID releases for cleats in the last 5 years.

Be curious to hear what others think about them.

Last edited:
Definitely disappointed with the lack of options on the new id's. I like the addition of the volt accents, but overall they really don't compare to the previous customization options on the previous id's. At $145 I'm going to pass on these, still fun to play with different colourways though.

any recommendations on some molded cleats besides ids? i always played ball in metal cleats but im playing in a softball league now and we cant have metal any suggestions?

Is it me or are there more and more custom or fakes running around the bay lately? below is one example another would be a SF Giants undershirt.

Well, at least it LOOKS sick as ****
I really thought this shirt was going to be decent but it feels like tissue paper and I feel that it is going to rip easily. Not a good move Nike, please retire the whole Thernalite concept please.

Hey guys, just felt like butting in, I play for St. John's, so I'll try to show you guys if we get any Nike Gear, the dominant amount of our stuff is rawlings though. So far we did get the new Lunar Pregames though.

Hey guys, just felt like butting in, I play for St. John's, so I'll try to show you guys if we get any Nike Gear, the dominant amount of our stuff is rawlings though. So far we did get the new Lunar Pregames though.

Awesome...would love to see what stuff you get in (doesn't have to be Nike either)

Welcome to the board as well!

Thanks, we get most of our stuff after we get back from break, ill post what I have so far though, ill probably get around to it tomorrow

^, you are joking right? :tongue: Actually, NB has a lot of comfy cleats from what I have heard.

Nice!  Thanks in advance for sharing...

and welcome to NT.

Last edited:
Sorry I know I'm venturing away from nike, but I heard something bout Rawlings switching their material of pants from the old classic polyester to the new graphite material used for pants (even if they're not graphite color) do you know if that's gunna come through?

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN SIZE 10.5 GRIFFEY MAX 1s??? the grey and teal colorway :smile: I have the box too and theyre like 8.5/10 condition. Willing to ship for 100!!
*reply to this or feel free to text me, 847 867 0102

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN SIZE 10.5 GRIFFEY MAX 1s??? the grey and teal colorway :smile: I have the box too and theyre like 8.5/10 condition. Willing to ship for 100!!
*reply to this or feel free to text me, 847 867 0102

I think you should move this to Classifieds bro

To all you All Stars Merry Christmas and have a safe holiday season. God Bless and let's do this in '13

Back
Top Bottom