Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Mavs Hangar called me and said they have “select” players in stock for icon authentic jerseys. Probably Dirk “already have” and Barnes “would rather have DSJ”

Is it possible that the first wave of authentics aren’t as good as what is being pumped out now? (Sorry if I missed it if it was a update) ....while I love my Bron authentic that I bought from the Cavs store on day 1, my Simmons city swingman feels way better in regards to the thickness/materials. I’m confused as to what I actually own now lol

41292BBA-0EB1-472D-8BA6-43998569C662.jpeg
D72C5C12-CAC9-441E-BC74-D385A959BEF8.jpeg

Is it possible that the first wave of authentics aren’t as good as what is being pumped out now? (Sorry if I missed it if it was a update) ....while I love my Bron authentic that I bought from the Cavs store on day 1, my Simmons city swingman feels way better in regards to the thickness/materials. I’m confused as to what I actually own now lol
Just because the jersey is thicker doesn’t mean the quality is better

It’s just a matter of opinion. Swingman jerseys feel cheap AF in my opinion

Are you just referring to thickness, etc? Because the swingman is definitely a heavier jersey than the authentic. I know personally, as a jersey fanatic, in most cases heavier meant better and higher quality but I think in the NBA’s case, they went out of their way to make these new authentics more conducive for the players’ performance. The Nike swingman is nice in its own right though. I just compared one to my Kobe Adidas swingman and it’s not even close.

Thanks...ya I guess I’m just used to the “better” ones being thicker and didn’t pay much attention to the new materials. Don’t get me wrong, the authentics are nice, but I think I prefer the slightly heavier swingman.

wonder why Nike put Boston on the white home jersey instead of Celtics. Still plan on getting one it just looks weird to me.

I had a dream that the Pistons store started selling all four authentic jerseys last night, that's how badly I want it to happen, lmao. Instead the only authentic that's available is the blue road jersey, aka the most boring of their four jerseys, and it's $250. Ugh.

like the cut of the authentics but at 250 and a low wearage rate by me I will probably just get a swingman Kyrie in either white or grey

Mavs Hangar called me and said they have “select” players in stock for icon authentic jerseys. Probably Dirk “already have” and Barnes “would rather have DSJ”
the hangar sucks ive been to 3 games this season and they never had anything i wanted at the time (authentic dirk & youth dsj mostly)
i just ended up getting both off fanatics with 30% codes so it worked out

Last edited:
is the bucks shop the only place to get an authentic giannis statement jersey? id rather not pay $250 if i can avoid it. i dont need to have the patch

anybody own a pair of the nike authentic shorts? and whats your thoughts?
I wanna grab a pair to hoop in
dont know if I should grab authentics or swingmans
I just want some shorts that will last

anybody own a pair of the nike authentic shorts? and whats your thoughts?
I wanna grab a pair to hoop in
dont know if I should grab authentics or swingmans
I just want some shorts that will last
I don’t but I know they are made w/ aeroswift technology! I’ve been getting the basketball aeroswift shorts from Nike for a couple years now, and they are awesome. They even have whipe away zones for hands to whipe sweat off!

The NBA Authentics don't have the wipe away zones, those were on the retail version a couple years back

I've got the Thunder Blue pair. They're nice. Not sure if full retail nice, but I'm a fan of them. I'd say go for the authentic and give it a try if pockets don't mean too much to you. They have the grip strip on the inside. Overall really light and pretty nice.

Last edited:
The NBA Authentics don't have the whipe away zones, those were on the retail version a couple years back

I've got the Thunder Blue pair. They're nice. Not sure if full retail nice, but I'm a fan of them. I'd say go for the authentic and give it a try if pockets don't mean too much to you. They have the grip strip on the inside. Overall really light and pretty nice.

Never said authentics have whipe away zones! Re read what I said dude

https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/n/1j7?sl=Aeroswift basketball shorts

No that's fine, was just pointing out for the guy who asked the question so it was clear they weren't on it. I know what you meant, was just letting the questioner Know what to expect

Back
Top Bottom