Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

FFA97A4E-D79C-41AB-B6E4-C1A31338F843.jpeg

Was scrolling through their twitter and it looks like if you didn’t get a shipment confirmation and didn’t get canceled. They’re gonna ship it out on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Yea need the authentic city Morant. Can’t do the swingmans. Swingmans way too boxy.

Been getting shorts below retail all season. Just need the Bulls to drop and maybe the heat.
Even hornets? Paid 95 with shipping on fanatics. Had to scoop em up.

Honestly. I can’t even knock the reselling, I know that’s unpopular opinion and all. These make for good trade bait as well. But sheesh. Wait until you get it in hand to list it.

I wouldn’t feel bad if his order gets cancelled. If you’re reselling for a crazy amount. Better to have it in hand in case something goes wrong or your get a defective item but you already made a sale.
I can’t stand it. Nike swingman jerseys for 200 plus. Authentics for 400 plus. ****. Ruining the hobby for collectors. Much much much much prefer to drop some coin on a throwback champion than paying some guy who buys 20 LeBron Jerseys to make 40 bucks a pop on eBay. The worst.

I can’t stand it. Nike swingman jerseys for 200 plus. Authentics for 400 plus. ****. Ruining the hobby for collectors. Much much much much prefer to drop some coin on a throwback champion than paying some guy who buys 20 LeBron Jerseys to make 40 bucks a pop on eBay. The worst.

Manufacturers get the blame too.. if they would just give proper supply of the items, we wouldn’t be in this predicament.

Manufacturers get the blame too.. if they would just give proper supply of the items, we wouldn’t be in this predicament.
Artificial shortage? I never, ever paid retail for adidas merch. Many authentics I got for under 50 bucks (non mesh). Even mesh were under 100. Swingman jerseys easily at 30 to 40. Nike comes around 225 for an authentic? Sure. 90 bucks for shorts? Absolutely. Never thought I’d be so quick to drop full retail. Especially when it isn’t even my size! I’ll gladly buy an xl shorts or 52 jersey when I like large and 48. Im not the only one. So again, artificial shortage? Either way. Nike is getting my money. But the resellers. I’ll buy a champion.

Authentics are for the hard-core collectors. They're not made in mind for the casual fan like how it used to be in the early 2000s when your local sneaker store had Nike Authentics available. The supply chain issues aren't helping. It's been two years now.

I get you. But that’s ultimately a Nike issue. They treat these jerseys like glorified sneaker releases and limit production (possibly intentionally), making stuff way harder than it needs to be to acquire.

Before fanatics took over all the league store websites, you could easily get home, road, and alternate authentics on the nba store website along with each individual team store site. Even sites like eastbay carried authentics, and it wasn’t impossible to find popular teams/players in local brick and mortal sports apparel stores as well. Some of this applies for NFL jerseys as well. You could easily find any authentic you want for years until Nike took over and fanatics monopolized all the team stores.

I’m with you. I rather spend my money on older stuff. I personally wouldn’t buy off any of these resellers. But I also have no problem purchasing some of this current Nike stuff in teams and players I really don’t care for to use as trade bait and to ultimately help finance other purchases in my collection.

I get you. But that’s ultimately a Nike issue. They treat these jerseys like glorified sneaker releases and limit production (possibly intentionally), making stuff way harder than it needs to be to acquire.

Before fanatics took over all the league store websites, you could easily get home, road, and alternate authentics on the nba store website along with each individual team store site. Even sites like eastbay carried authentics, and it wasn’t impossible to find popular teams/players in local brick and mortal sports apparel stores as well. Some of this applies for NFL jerseys as well. You could easily find any authentic you want for years until Nike took over and fanatics monopolized all the team stores.

I’m with you. I rather spend my money on older stuff. I personally wouldn’t buy off any of these resellers. But I also have no problem purchasing some of this current Nike stuff in teams and players I really don’t care for to use as trade bait and to ultimately help finance other purchases in my collection.

Appreciate the reply. But. Adidas authentics, Especially with mesh numbers, damn near impossible to get. Sans modells when they blew out d will jerseys with mesh numbers under 20 bucks. I guess for some teams, like the knicks, they were more readily available from the team shop. Hence leftovers on discount. Nike is better in matching the on court. I know what I’m buying versus getting the on court mesh patches or not. My next rant. Bring back the Xmas jerseys.

I got this email from their customer service sportsventure and I checked my order history and says refunded.
15FC753A-AF4A-460C-A89B-D84B259E5B0E.jpeg
Did you contact them? The last part. They gonna charge you the fee. Wow. Kicking sand in your face once you’re down.

Also. This lakers game. Wow.

Appreciate the reply. But. Adidas authentics, Especially with mesh numbers, damn near impossible to get. Sans modells when they blew out d will jerseys with mesh numbers under 20 bucks. I guess for some teams, like the knicks, they were more readily available from the team shop. Hence leftovers on discount. Nike is better in matching the on court. I know what I’m buying versus getting the on court mesh patches or not. My next rant. Bring back the Xmas jerseys.

I remember the modells across from the Barclays center had them for $10 in Spring 2006. It’s been worse under Nike. But the rev 30 years was when nba authentics started getting harder to find. You could find most teams at the nba store, but not all colors and finding mesh numbers was hard.

In terms of availability and access to stuff. 2009-10 was the last year of that right before they switched to the rev 30 jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom