Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

As stated a couple posts ago, Melo Authentics are at the Lakers store and they’re moving fast. I just got back from there and copped the Melo. The 25% off with your Amex card is always too clutch!

Lakers statement runs a bit smaller comparing to this year’s city jerseys

1FFDB65A-8D9B-45AA-A1A3-8262C63B649B.jpeg

You understand that the client has to give final approval on any design? This is what Jeanie Buss signed off on. I deal with people like her at work daily. Some will go with your recommendations, even if bad or go against your recommendations, even if they're good.

I was gonna reply this as well.

Obviously Nike can produce the "old" yellow, but clearly someone OK'd this design and this is where we are.

I've seen many many times people post (not necessarily on here) how "if adidas/UA/puma/etc had the contract we would have nicer designs" .. the designs are property of the team/nba not the brand. the brand (now Nike) has rights to produce those designs and tweak them on approval from the team.

I understand that not everyone's going to be knowledgeable on the ins and outs of everything, but a little common sense goes a long way.. the celtics have the same jerseys for decades .. being produced by multiple different brands. Frustrates the hell outta me that people can be so dumb :lol:

You understand that the client has to give final approval on any design? This is what Jeanie Buss signed off on. I deal with people like her at work daily. Some will go with your recommendations, even if bad or go against your recommendations, even if they're good.
I see........... well, guess that is why all the best fashion and clothing designers are men, they have good taste. :emoji_smile::emoji_thumbsup:

but then again, if what you say is true, why have golden state also changed to that exact yellow? What is the real reason behind it.

Are the Bulls still the same red? Celtics? Knicks?
Anyone checked in on that?

So dear Jeanie says it's all okay.....i don't really think any fans give a **** about her opinion, and it still does not explain to us WHY?

Last edited:
I was gonna reply this as well.

Obviously Nike can produce the "old" yellow, but clearly someone OK'd this design and this is where we are.

I've seen many many times people post (not necessarily on here) how "if adidas/UA/puma/etc had the contract we would have nicer designs" .. the designs are property of the team/nba not the brand. the brand (now Nike) has rights to produce those designs and tweak them on approval from the team.

I understand that not everyone's going to be knowledgeable on the ins and outs of everything, but a little common sense goes a long way.. the celtics have the same jerseys for decades .. being produced by multiple different brands. Frustrates the hell outta me that people can be so dumb :lol:

I thought the same way until I started dealing with the client side myself. I've presented mockups and suggestions only to be countered with things that didn't make sense with the only logic being that the client wanted it. When the client wants it, you give it to them and they have to own what happens.

I see........... well, guess that is why all the best fashion and clothing designers are men, they have good taste. :emoji_smile::emoji_thumbsup:

but then again, if what you say is true, why have golden state also changed to that exact yellow? What is the real reason behind it.

Are the Bulls still the same red? Celtics? Knicks?
Anyone checked in on that?

So dear Jeanie says it's all okay.....i don't really think any fans give a **** about her opinion, and it still does not explain to us WHY?
don't get this as well. currently the shade is called "amarillo" for a few teams like golden state, lakers. why can't they use just use del sol or university gold?

Idk if this happened before nike but currently they also use the exact same shade of blue called rush blue (code 495) for warriors, knicks, 76ers, and clippers. and university red for rockets, blazers, bulls, wizards, raptors.

Back
Top Bottom