Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

FINALLY!

20220608_101131.jpg
20220608_101147.jpg

there is certainly a lack of nba finals gear from nike since they took over
for sure.

2018 had the Finals short sleeve Thermaflex hoodies, warmup shirts and pants, and white/gold and black/gold socks. Their first year and also the year with the most finals gear

2019 Finals - White finals t-shirts with player's name on the back but no more pants or hoodies, since they just put the Finals patch on the regular hoodies. And the finals socks had the gold strip glued to the back instead of being embedded within the sock like regular elite socks.

2020 Finals - nothing new except for nba finals regular t-shirts. no more finals socks

2021 and 2022 - same as 2020

so it seems like there is a clear trend of nike cutting costs and becoming cheaper and cheaper (hopefully nobody tells me it's actually nike trying to make things "proprietary"). or maybe the finals gear didn't warrant more production since alot of the 2018 finals gear ended up at clearance outlets anyways. but i definitely miss the 2018 finals version socks, those were dope.

Last edited:
for sure.

2018 had the Finals short sleeve Thermaflex hoodies, warmup shirts and pants, and white/gold and black/gold socks. Their first year and also the year with the most finals gear

2019 Finals - White finals t-shirts with player's name on the back but no more pants or hoodies, since they just put the Finals patch on the regular hoodies. And the finals socks had the gold strip glued to the back instead of being embedded within the sock like regular elite socks.

2020 Finals - nothing new except for nba finals regular t-shirts. no more finals socks

so it seems like there is a clear trend of nike cutting costs and becoming cheaper and cheaper (hopefully nobody tells me it's actually nike trying to make things "proprietary"). or maybe the finals gear didn't warrant more production since alot of the 2018 finals gear ended up at clearance outlets anyways. but i definitely miss the 2018 finals version socks, those were dope.
so... they're not releasing anything else outside of the finals shirts that's already out? NIKE YOU SUCK!!!

for sure.

It's tough to sell stuff when one team eventually loses. On the flip side, they do roll out a full line with the winner, since those will sell out. I guess I can't blame them for taking that model. I'd like the NBA/Nike to make the real Finals patches available at least. I wonder whose call it is to withhold those...

It's tough to sell stuff when one team eventually loses. On the flip side, they do roll out a full line with the winner, since those will sell out. I guess I can't blame them for taking that model. I'd like the NBA/Nike to make the real Finals patches available at least. I wonder whose call it is to withhold those...

i think they always end up overproducing the championship t-shirts. I remember seeing 2021 bucks shirts on nbastore on clearance for $5. so idk about selling out, for example i don't think anyone except for bucks fans would cop those shirts. lakers/warriors might be different.

speaking of finals patches i wonder why they only release the stitched versions and not the rubber version. but on the 2018 Warriors and 2020 Lakers ring ceremony jackets, the retail versions had all the gold logos in rubber, while the team-issued Warriors version had them stitched and the team-issued Lakers had them screen-printed.

(that seller is a rapist with the prices lol)

exactly this. Why would any company mass produce apparel that is going to be obsolete in a matter of weeks. Not to mention the fact that noone knows for sure who is going to actually make the finals so the turnaround time to pump out team specific gear would be insanely short.

If anyone interested Fanatics uploaded a bunch of 2021/22 custom authentics. And it looks to have the jeweled swoosh on them.

Oh man, I don't check NT for one night and miss it. Looks like a bunch have sold already, lots of teams and sizes missing smh

$270 for the custom authentics, and they’re excluded from the Fanatics 20% codes :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Still might have to do it and get a Morant or Melo.

When Nike took over back in 2017, didn't they announce that swingman jerseys would cost 100 dollars and authentics would cost 200 dollars ? :lol:

$270 for the custom authentics, and they’re excluded from the Fanatics 20% codes :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Still might have to do it and get a Morant or Melo.

They weren’t excluded for a while and lots of jerseys sizes were selling out, so they killed the code for them.

maybe there's a chance for custom city authentics...debating whether they will be worth getting. I mean scalpers will buy them all, but if the customization is really bad, I won't be happy with it

Back
Top Bottom