Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Patiently waiting on a Banchero authentic.. only option that I saw was a custom authentic but even that’s off Fanatics site now

Anybody see a retail Banchero Nike authentic this year? Not sure if the arena team shop had em but the online store is crap

Idk why they don’t make authentics of at least the #1 pick every year, even smaller market teams

Patiently waiting on a Banchero authentic.. only option that I saw was a custom authentic but even that’s off Fanatics site now

Anybody see a retail Banchero Nike authentic this year? Not sure if the arena team shop had em but the online store is crap

Idk why they don’t make authentics of at least the #1 pick every year, even smaller market teams
The team store did. I saw a listing on eBay (gone now), seller had the team store shopping bag. However, it looked like the team store was using old blanks (they had the Nike connect on the jock tag)

The team store did. I saw a listing on eBay (gone now), seller had the team store shopping bag. However, it looked like the team store was using old blanks (they had the Nike connect on the jock tag)
Thanks for the reply

I wonder if it was this one? It has the Nike connect tag, it’s what fanatics was pushing as their custom but they took it down as discontinued
8C3E62D2-449E-4156-BB02-B13BE21E7D23.jpeg

almost pulled the trigger couple months ago but held off because I didn’t want to risk getting a screen printed one

Edit: that’s hilarious - literally just spoke on this and one popped back up, in my size of course 😂

Tempting but I guess I’ll wait til next year for an official retail authentic. Especially since this an older jersey that Banchero didn’t even wear

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

I wonder if it was this one? It has the Nike connect tag, it’s what fanatics was pushing as their custom but they took it down as discontinued
8C3E62D2-449E-4156-BB02-B13BE21E7D23.jpeg

almost pulled the trigger couple months ago but held off because I didn’t want to risk getting a screen printed one
Nah, it was the black one. But that one you posted is their old icon. They have a newer blue statement version.

orlando-magic-2022-23-statement-edition-jersey-unveiled.jpg

Cavs city authentics dropped

It’s the right distribution move but I wish they’d supplement by selling some online. You already have retail channels (online team stores, fanatics, ndc)

Surprised at the small amount of authentics Nike sells on their site tbh.

Generally speaking there’s fans all over, in different states and everywhere else. The best model would support getting jerseys into the hands of customers, wherever they reside

Oh I completely agree. I'm actually quite surprised more players haven't loaded on NDC. I expected Lamelo on there, especially since Just Sports sold his authentic. I used to assume there was a Nike backlog, but now I've no idea. NDC has been pretty dry this year. Not even Giannis has been posted.

Random but I'm still pissed I missed out on last year's TWolves city authentic. I can't track down an Ant Man jersey anywhere. :smh:

In a way I can’t blame Nike for not going all out with authentics. All this player movement and you’re stuck with product.
I get this sentiment but with a giant like Nike, they simply gotta be deliberate/strategic with it.

For instance, the City Edition authentics. They released well before the trade deadline and most of em sold out in a matter of hours or days. No excess, unsold product.

It’ll never be perfect but they’re in the team apparel biz. Can’t not release authentics for fear of player movement

I don’t think that’s the issue but what do I know - I’m just sitting here waiting for a Banchero to release 😂

ugh not sure when this went up on lockervision unless its just a placeholder

I knew I should have held off on that blue Giannis jersey :smh:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 7.26.42 AM.png

Wish they'd release authentics now that that is set. Maybe they'll release authentics after the all star game because they won't know who is on what team until right before the game. That way they're not making two authentics for one player, one being a jersey he never wore.

KD Suns is customizable ready. Think they'll bother making that Sunburst version still or just getting that custom one now and be done with it?

Back
Top Bottom